CAG Lost Planet 2 OUT NOW!! (4 player co op anyone?)

Azurken

CAGiversary!
So, I didnt see anybody make a thread about this small title... but the main draw in for me is the 4 player co op for this game for the whole story mode. Theres already a free co op demo on PSN now, (and I think the multiplayer demo is out for those people who have the code).

If anybody is getting on the first day and interested in playing coop for the story write your PSN down.

edit:Slot Machine Passwords known so far updated: 5/24/10

4 Gamer Shirt:

Famitsu Shirt:

Red Weekly Famitsu Shirt:

Pink Shirt:

Den Geki Shirt:

Shirt 8:

Shirt 12:

Shirt 18:

Farming tips
During chapter 5-3, you can farm up to 100 boxes, which nets you about 10-12k in credits. After you shoot the wings, and destroy the enemy plasma cannon, the vagabundos will tell you to board the other ship, and to activate their post and defend it for 1 minute without having yours reach one minute first. Later the vagabundo leader will tell you to leave the ship because it is self destructing. Here is the trick, DONT LEAVE the other ship, every 15 seconds or so it will drop 15-20 boxes and if you just stay there till you die (the last 10 seconds) you will net about 100 boxes..

PS. you can use your anchor to to grab boxes too, and if you use gunsword every kill with a sword swing will net you a box.

Secret Hole in 1-2
Secret hole video, this accounts for 3% of your game. (I don't know how to embed videos)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrXV97ywAac

LP2 CAGers:

Azurken
nbballard
option.iv

more to come...

Last edited by a moderator:
I said co op, I know multiplayer will be crap, the controls arent fluid enough to be a competitive shooter

I'll have it by next week, so I'll send you an add.

That is a no on extreme colonies, LP2 has split screen coop though.

Yea.. I am trying to trick some of my friends into getting LP2, and I thought the easiest way to do that would be to get them to play LP1 first, then we'd just transition into LP2.. looks like that won't work. :(

I'm currently playing Monster Hunter with the same group of guys. It's pretty much the same thing but worse.

hey guys! i didn't know people were still interested in this.. add me too, cause i want to co op (im on episode 4 now) and no, LP:EC does not have co op.

Sooo who's interested in playing? :whistle2:D

I kind of fell in love with the game - it's great multiplayer but man, campaign alone is just shitty.

I'll add some more of you guys, we should probably set up a game night for this game or something. Get some coop and multi in the mix.

Played with Kanic last night on some campaign, neat stuff, playing through 6-1, 6-2, searching for all the data posts.

Azurken, accept my FR.

Just got this from K-Mart. Awesome game. It's just crazy with the mechs and the anchor. I'm sure you can tell this is my first venture into Lost Planet.

Yeah, I'm surprised as well. Were too many put off by the average reviews? This game seems great with the coop and multiplayer. The graphics looks great, especially with that blurring effect and the game seems pretty balanced.

Though I have to admit, this game seems like an online exclusive game as the friendly AI is stupid from what I heard and the game is hard to boot.

[quote name='option.iv']Yeah, I'm surprised as well. Were too many put off by the average reviews? This game seems great with the coop and multiplayer. The graphics looks great, especially with that blurring effect and the game seems pretty balanced.

Though I have to admit, this game seems like an online exclusive game as the friendly AI is stupid from what I heard and the game is hard to boot.[/QUOTE]

Fun games option, glad that I could help you along with others take down 3-3.

I myself have been enjoying co-op, but multiplayer is just a another monster on its on.

Lost Planet 2 is a perfect example of a niche game. Played the hell out of the first one on my friend's xbox (that was like the only game out at the time).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBEDo4t89Pg

Learn and abuse these moves. I love the fact that rolling is just as fast as sprinting. Sadly this game came out when RDR and many others. If this game drops around 30 or 40 I'll pick it up, but as for now I already have plenty of online games.

The japanese love making the deeper than the game is actually presented. Whereas Western developers depth is only the kiddie pool deep control wise.

Guy's there are passwords as well... to unlocking japanese shirts.. lol. I'll go look for them and edit my title and first post.

[quote name='Azurken']Guy's there are passwords as well... to unlocking japanese shirts.. lol. I'll go look for them and edit my title and first post.[/QUOTE]

Edit the OP with other useful info's.

[quote name='AsphaltRanger']shoot me an invite I'm doing the campaign right now...just finished episode one...4 player co-op would be awesome![/QUOTE]

I sent you a FR, I'll be on again tommorow. Playing through extreme right now.

What other useful info are there in this game? lmao.

well besides that secret hole in 1-2 which counts for 3% of your completion (for you completionists out there.

Maybe like farming tips. i.e. 3-1 or melee w/gunsword for [?] boxes.

I just finished the game and it was actually engaging for me. I really have no idea how this game just got average reviews.

Well, I guess it's time for me to grind the crap out of campaign for those [?] boxes...

edit: Actually, the best and easiest [?] box farming has gotta be 5-3 // easy. 100+ boxes to be had and cp usually 10,000+. All you need is one other human player. One person mans the gun, while the other one Injects T Energy. And when you man the gun and shoot down all the flying VS, you can get 10,000+ career points. After boarding the boat, you just need to stay until it blows up collecting the boxes as they drop every couple of seconds. All this can be run around 8-9 min.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='option.iv']Maybe like farming tips. i.e. 3-1 or melee w/gunsword for [?] boxes.

I just finished the game and it was actually engaging for me. I really have no idea how this game just got average reviews.

Well, I guess it's time for me to grind the crap out of campaign for those [?] boxes...

edit: Actually, the best and easiest [?] box farming has gotta be 5-3 // easy. 100+ boxes to be had and cp usually 10,000+. All you need is one other human player. One person mans the gun, while the other one Injects T Energy. And when you man the gun and shoot down all the flying VS, you can get 10,000+ career points. After boarding the boat, you just need to stay until it blows up collecting the boxes as they drop every couple of seconds. All this can be run around 8-9 min.[/QUOTE]

Stuff like this. Also, just to add, warp grenade while collecting boxes, so at the last second, you can get out of the ship and return back to yours in one peace without having to worry about losing battle gauge.

[quote name='Azurken']What other useful info are there in this game? lmao.

well besides that secret hole in 1-2 which counts for 3% of your completion (for you completionists out there.[/QUOTE]

That too, important to know for all the finish this (difficulty) trophies.

[quote name='Megiddo_CAG']Stuff like this. Also, just to add, warp grenade while collecting boxes, so at the last second, you can get out of the ship and return back to yours in one peace without having to worry about losing battle gauge.

[/QUOTE]

In my opinion you should spend those last 8 seconds to collect every box possible, don't bother looking for warp grenades because your boxes are more important than leaving unless... you and your buddies are under 2000 battle gauge (or just not enough to survive the level), then yeah you should. To be honest whenever that had happened to me, I just left the last batch of the boxes along with everybody else.

[quote name='Azurken']In my opinion you should spend those last 8 seconds to collect every box possible, don't bother looking for warp grenades because your boxes are more important than leaving unless... you and your buddies are under 2000 battle gauge (or just not enough to survive the level), then yeah you should. To be honest whenever that had happened to me, I just left the last batch of the boxes along with everybody else.[/QUOTE]

I myself haven't tryed it, but it was suggested somewhere and thought it was a pretty good idea. I agree, that the boxes are more important, but if your teammates don't realize that your low on battle gauge, the last few seconds they can jump right in that warp.

Monster Hunter armor is out and free, it looks pretty baddass.

I need a party to lvl up with me on hard mode. Anybody up for it? I also updated the first post with the secret hole video and new tshirt codes (for ps3)

also thinking of making a list of CAG users who play LP2 ... if this is still alive of course.

Add me to your list if you make it-- we finally started playing this last night between sessions of RDR and MG2.

I'm only at chapter 3, and i'm playing on Normal.

yeah atm i dont want to put people's IDs down without them knowing... thats why i want to wait.. but I'll start it with us first I guess and megiddo

[quote name='Azurken']yeah atm i dont want to put people's IDs down without them knowing... thats why i want to wait.. but I'll start it with us first I guess and megiddo[/QUOTE]

You can take me off the list azurken. :*( I have moved on from LP2

[quote name='Megiddo_CAG']You can take me off the list azurken. :*( I have moved on from LP2[/QUOTE]

wow you must of platinumed that fast huh?

and yeah I'll add you option on to the first page.

[quote name='Azurken']wow you must of platinumed that fast huh?

and yeah I'll add you option on to the first page.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I have never gotten a platinum and it will never be LP2. :lol: Things like DNF% didn't work reall well with me.

I just got this game a couple days ago and I think it's a complete blast! I just can't stand going through with randoms so please feel free to add me. ZeroOmega420. I'm at 3-3 on normal and am still getting familiar with the game mechanics.

bread's done
Back