Gaming Backpack on for $9.99

When they discounted it by $30, did they take all the padding too?

I think I'd still rather pack my 360 in between my clothes, if I travel...

You'd have better luck grabbing an old backpack and stuffing it with towels. :p

I lol'ed hard when I saw this:
215080063_004.jpg

Anyone dumb enough to use their 360 while it's still in a bag deserves the RROD.

It's actually a pretty swanky back pack. The padding may not be quite as thick as I'd want it, but it does the job well.

Considering you can fit a majority of the various systems into it, its still pretty handy.

I have one of these. I like it, holds alot of stuff. It has a back opening and 2 side openings for vents if you want to leave it in the bag. I have done this before, seemed ok, I wouldn't do this all the time, but I travel very rarely with my xbox. For $10 you would be hard pressed to find a bag this good.

I had a bag like this for my ps2. Would rather use a regular bag since I wouldn't be playing any console in the bag anymore.

Actually, since I've found myself toting my 360 in a variety of bags, I've realized how heavy that thing can get after a while if you're carrying it wrong or with a bunch of other shit. So this isn't that bad of an idea if you've got a few extra bucks.

Am I the only one wondering why people are carrying around their systems and/or playing them out of their bags? You guys hook up the systems at stores, and play till they chase you out or something? I mean I can get maybe having to carry a system every once in a while, but Im finding it hard to see people doing it on a regular basis. And keeping it in the bag? Unless you need to be able to pack up quickly there really shoulndt be a reason to keep electronics bundled up like that. Unless im totally missing something.

[quote name='tankass']Am I the only one wondering why people are carrying around their systems and/or playing them out of their bags? You guys hook up the systems at stores, and play till they chase you out or something? I mean I can get maybe having to carry a system every once in a while, but Im finding it hard to see people doing it on a regular basis. And keeping it in the bag? Unless you need to be able to pack up quickly there really shoulndt be a reason to keep electronics bundled up like that. Unless im totally missing something.[/QUOTE]

If you've to take your 360 to your friend's place (etc). These things happen, my friend brings his PS3 over all of the time.

[quote name='thehoweller']If you've to take your 360 to your friend's place (etc). These things happen, my friend brings his PS3 over all of the time.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I can see that (I used to do that back in the day with my buddies Genesis and N64). But are you guys just pressed for time to take it out of the bag? Or maybe people jsut have to realize keeping a system known for overheating isnt being helped by sitting covered by a padded bag.

I took advantage of this deal back when the OP posted it a few weeks ago. ;)

It's not a bad backpack. The padding is sufficient for normal use (who is going to drop their system?--"oh, it's padded!"), and it comes with a bunch of velcro dividers and straps so you section off the innards efficiently and keep all your cords organized.

People made jokes about overheating in the original thread, but that shows a lack of understanding about how heat exchange works in a console. As long as the vents are clear, it doesn't matter if you encase the rest of your console in cement--very little heat escapes via the body. It's all about air flow. G-pak is a respected maker of carrying cases, and they have had vented bags for years. They work great. This brand isn't in their class, but the principle is the same.

As for the "why?", I take my PS3 to my in-laws to watch blu-rays. They have a ginormous TV, but only a DVD player. Rather than box up the PS3, I can toss it in this bag, which is far easier to carry. And since packing and unpacking is more wear-and-tear, it makes sense to leave it in the bag with the vents unzipped. No problems yet.

Another reason for keeping it in the bag is protection. If you've used this bag, then you obviously have your console in unfamiliar territory. Likely on the floor. Better to keep it in the bag, protected from minor dings and spills, than exposed, particularly since there's no good reason TO remove it.

[quote name='Zippon']I took advantage of this deal back when the OP posted it a few weeks ago. ;)

It's not a bad backpack. The padding is sufficient for normal use (who is going to drop their system?--"oh, it's padded!"), and it comes with a bunch of velcro dividers and straps so you section off the innards efficiently and keep all your cords organized.

People made jokes about overheating in the original thread, but that shows a lack of understanding about how heat exchange works in a console. As long as the vents are clear, it doesn't matter if you encase the rest of your console in cement--very little heat escapes via the body. It's all about air flow. G-pak is a respected maker of carrying cases, and they have had vented bags for years. They work great. This brand isn't in their class, but the principle is the same.

As for the "why?", I take my PS3 to my in-laws to watch blu-rays. They have a ginormous TV, but only a DVD player. Rather than box up the PS3, I can toss it in this bag, which is far easier to carry. And since packing and unpacking is more wear-and-tear, it makes sense to leave it in the bag with the vents unzipped. No problems yet.

Another reason for keeping it in the bag is protection. If you've used this bag, then you obviously have your console in unfamiliar territory. Likely on the floor. Better to keep it in the bag, protected from minor dings and spills, than exposed, particularly since there's no good reason TO remove it.[/QUOTE]

Good point. Bravo for a proper explination, which is more than people usually give. Does remind me the time my buddies genesis was sitting on a makeshift platform (his dresser) because we kept taking it places and it fell off. Strangely enough it was fine (4 foot drop at least). Guess systems were built sturdier back then.

ordered one. I take my 360 to my in laws and parent's houses on breaks. I am a full time student so have little time to game - during my breaks is the best chance I have. I had an old ratty box that I have been taking it in but this looks a) more secure than that and b) easier to deal with all the cables. For 10 bucks, can't go wrong.

Side note, it looked like buy.com was charging sales tax on shipping and handling. Is that allowed??? I changed my order to budget shipping but I noticed how different the tax was.

Oh and thanks for the heads up OP!

I bought one like this on clearance at Target about 2 years ago. It became my default "trade bag". I use it to keep all my disc cleaning cloths and liquids as well as my trade games. It works great and you can get a ton of games in there (which was useful in the credit farming days).

I have used it to transport my 360 - and it does the job well. All in all, this is a very useful bag - and a steal for 10 bucks.....

bread's done
Back