Black Wii Bundle for 199.99

Now if only Nintendo had a transfer cable so I could transfer all my saves and virtua console games off my old wii. People have called and gotten the run around unless my wii breaks ill be sol. I just hope MS and Sony don't have any issues next gen redownloading all the content I paid for. For the record my Wii has the dead/flashing pixel issue from a over heated graphics card that I've noticed going on and off over the months. I was looking to replace that Wii with a black one.

This is the reason I held out on getting a Wii, so I will be picking up one of these next month. Hope to hear more info soon on it.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Now if only Nintendo had a transfer cable so I could transfer all my saves and virtua console games off my old wii. People have called and gotten the run around unless my wii breaks ill be sol. I just hope MS and Sony don't have any issues next gen redownloading all the content I paid for. For the record my Wii has the dead/flashing pixel issue from a over heated graphics card that I've noticed going on and off over the months. I was looking to replace that Wii with a black one.[/QUOTE]

You can save your games and saves to an SD card and it should work...right? If not I'm going to stop buying games on the VC and start going back to emulating:roll:

[quote name='mr_bungle']You can save your games and saves to an SD card and it should work...right? If not I'm going to stop buying games on the VC and start going back to emulating:roll:[/QUOTE]

No that does not work. The games are tied to the system's serial number. My Wii started having the random flickering dead pixels as well late last year and I was hoping they would have some kind of cable or way for me to transfer my Wiiware stuff to another console instead of paying the $100 to get it fixed. But after talking to them and checking online forums, there isn't as of now.

[quote name='Wompdevil']No that does not work. The games are tied to the system's serial number. My Wii started having the random flickering dead pixels as well late last year and I was hoping they would have some kind of cable or way for me to transfer my Wiiware stuff to another console instead of paying the $100 to get it fixed. But after talking to them and checking online forums, there isn't as of now.[/QUOTE]

Well looks like I'll be going back to emulation. That really sucks with DD. I really preferred playing on my TV too, but I guess with the money I'd spend on the VC I can invest in a cable to play stuff from my computer to my tv;)

[quote name='IgiveUgas']nice "deal" ...[/QUOTE]

Same... Where's the deal on this? Also where are the pre-order links? Is there a reason threads like this continue to pop up? Same goes for that stupid GS coupon that 100 people have to post 1 thread for 100 different games.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Now if only Nintendo had a transfer cable so I could transfer all my saves and virtua console games off my old wii. People have called and gotten the run around unless my wii breaks ill be sol. I just hope MS and Sony don't have any issues next gen redownloading all the content I paid for. For the record my Wii has the dead/flashing pixel issue from a over heated graphics card that I've noticed going on and off over the months. I was looking to replace that Wii with a black one.[/QUOTE]

Are the current Wiis hackable? Or as easy to hack as they were when they first came out?
That's really the only way around this type of problem.

That's what stopping me from buying a new Wii and from spending even more money on the Virtual Console. I get that Nintendo is scared of piracy and all that, but not being able to play the games you purchased on a new console is just stupid (I've had 5 different PS2s, 5 different 360s, 2 different PSPs and 2 DSs over the years). This is also the same reason why I've yet to buy a DSi and a DSi XL.

...In battling the pirates, Nintendo has hurt those who don't and stopped me from buying a bunch of stuff from them in the process.

Huh, I went totally off topic, but I hope rumors of the Black Wii are true this time. We've thought it was coming a couple different times before and it ended up not happening. If Nintendo were to announce a transfer cable @ E3, I would totally buy a black Wii or maybe even a new white one. (Personally, I would prefer one of the more colorful Wiis they showed at the unveiling, but I don't think that's going to happen)

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Are the current Wiis hackable? Or as easy to hack as they were when they first came out?
That's really the only way around this type of problem.[/QUOTE]

I believe all Wii's are hackable, but regardless of hack-ability, it is absolute and utter bull that people can't transfer things they legitimately purchased (same problem with DSi and DSi XL). It's the reason everyone hates digital downloads and only gives pirates an argument (hell, I bet the cynicism it causes can drive people to piracy, as is implied in some of these posts and with policies like this, it's not hard to see why people would hack a new Wii to play something they legitimately bought)...

[quote name='prateeko']I believe all Wii's are hackable, but regardless of hack-ability, it is absolute and utter bull that people can't transfer things they legitimately purchased (same problem with DSi and DSi XL). It's the reason everyone hates digital downloads and only gives pirates an argument (hell, I bet the cynicism it causes can drive people to piracy, as is implied in some of these posts and with policies like this, it's not hard to see why people would hack a new Wii to play something they legitimately bought)...[/QUOTE]

Well that's definitely why I hacked my previous Wii. My first one needed to be repaired, and they wouldn't let me redownload about $80 worth of purchased content...so I ended up buying a modchip and downloading the VC games.

With my PS3 however, I've bought 2 consoles, and can share my content on both. I love that freedom, and I hope Sony doesn't decide to think backwards and remove that feature.

Nice. Looks like it's time to get a Wii. I've been holding out for black, and the Wii has a good lineup this year plus all the games that are already out.

Sony is working backwards on that feature also. From what I've read, to curb game sharing, they're requiring an internet connection in order for some games (including a new capcom one) to play, regardless of if your console is the original it was purchased on or not.

I can see why they're doing it. A lot of CAGs have split PSN items 5 ways and it'd be difficult for Sony to not do something when they're losing money left and right.

[quote name='prateeko']Sony is working backwards on that feature also. From what I've read, to curb game sharing, they're requiring an internet connection in order for some games (including a new capcom one) to play, regardless of if your console is the original it was purchased on or not.

I can see why they're doing it. A lot of CAGs have split PSN items 5 ways and it'd be difficult for Sony to not do something when they're losing money left and right.[/QUOTE]

Well that was just a Capcom thing...you know how stingy those guys are. Sony has had that online block since the beginning (Warhawk and Socom have it)...those games I can understand, they're expensive, and they're online only. The Capcom thing is ridiculous.

And I can tell you right now, they'll definitely lose money from me if they enforce that rule. I wont buy a single game or add-on if it has that "feature".

Hoping Nintendo gives us a way to transfer games and saves. I'd like to have a black Wii (insert joke here) and I could give my parents my old one.

[quote name='prateeko']Sony is working backwards on that feature also. From what I've read, to curb game sharing, they're requiring an internet connection in order for some games (including a new capcom one) to play, regardless of if your console is the original it was purchased on or not.

I can see why they're doing it. A lot of CAGs have split PSN items 5 ways and it'd be difficult for Sony to not do something when they're losing money left and right.[/QUOTE]

Try and read up on the situation before making incorrect assumptions. This was done by Capcom not Sony. They've gone on record as saying this is an experiment and it won't happen to all their games. If this fails for them then they likely won't continue doing it.

Also I'm betting Sony makes more money because of gamesharing than if it didn't exist.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Well that was just a Capcom thing...you know how stingy those guys are. Sony has had that online block since the beginning (Warhawk and Socom have it)...those games I can understand, they're expensive, and they're online only. The Capcom thing is ridiculous.

And I can tell you right now, they'll definitely lose money from me if they enforce that rule. I wont buy a single game or add-on if it has that "feature".[/QUOTE]

From what I read on JoyStiq, Capcom had no idea about that feature and the article seemed to imply it was a feature implemented by Sony.

Sony may lose your (and many CAGs) money but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's offset by the money they STOP losing on people who go into one item (often on sale) 5 at a time and abuse a policy meant to be fair and consumer friendly.

It's a shame, but the fact of the matter is that when people take advantage of good policies it's the average/legitimate users who often suffer in the crossfire (i.e. install other OS option). I'm not a fan of Sony's move since I can't always say I'll have an internet connection but I can't come up with a better solution either...

[quote name='prateeko']From what I read on JoyStiq, Capcom had no idea about that feature and the article seemed to imply it was a feature implemented by Sony. [/QUOTE]

ORLY?

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/22/final-fight-double-impact-psn-requirement-is-anti-sharing-drm/

Capcom appears to have responded to concerns about Final Fight: Double Impact's requirement that a user be signed in to PSN to play the game. IGN forum user "Nacthenud" has posted an alleged response he received from a Capcom admin about the issue.

"Yes, there is DRM," the admin confirmed. "This was employed to combat the rampant 'PSN Sharing' that has been going on over the last year. We're sorry that your family cannot play the game on their individual accounts (same console). This is a limitation of the Sony network." The message goes on to say that Double Impact's DRM is a trial to "evaluate impact" of the PSN sign-in requirement, which seeks to limit access to the game to the PSN account that purchased the title.

Since the statement was posted, Nacthenud and others have discovered an apparent workaround. They suggest it's possible to play the game using secondary accounts on a PS3, provided the account used to purchase Double Impact is set to automatically sign into PSN when the console turns on. But that's ancillary to the intended purpose of the DRM: to prevent users on other PS3s from playing the game (and thereby rendering the game unplayable offline).

We've asked Capcom for verification, but have yet to hear back.

[Thanks, HeavyToka]

Still believe this was done by Sony?

YA RLY :p
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/23/capcom-apologizes-for-unannounced-final-fight-double-impact-drm/

Capcom has "acted quickly with Sony Computer Entertainment America" and ensures fans that it will be addressed. Before you start pooling your money with your PSN-sharing friends, we have our own warning: given the context of the statement, the promised fix is more likely to be the addition of a warning than the removal of the DRM. You can read the full statement after the break.

Based on that the DRM will be there on at least Capcom games and if Sony looks into the issue (clearly on their radar) and sees a lot of game-sharing how much do you want to bet the company that removed the "Install Other OS" option to prevent piracy (even though it was only possible on a 6-month-old firmware) starts implementing harsher DRM requirements?

I might have read into things a little, but no one should be surprised if Sony (or publishers on PSN in general) tighten up on DRM.

i wonder if this will be limited run or are they just gonna finish the life span with white and black consoles? It would mean rushing out to get one or just waiting till the cash comes in.

Are you hard of reading? Nowhere in there does that say it was Sony and not Capcom that implemented this. All Capcom is doing in that article is apologizing for not putting up a warning on the PSN product page that the game requires an internet connection. Reading into that and generalizing that Sony is going to do this for all games, when in fact this is Capcom's experiment is purely idiotic.

Also do you honestly believe all the people who gameshare would even buy 90% of the games they buy into right now? More than likely Sony and the developers see more game sales because of gamesharing. I know I wouldn't buy most of the games at full price.

You can transfer saves for games that don't have a Wi-Fi component to them. For Wi-Fi games, you'll need a hack.

And I thought Nintendo will let you migrate accounts to a new system if your system is broken.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Are you hard of reading? Nowhere in there does that say it was Sony and not Capcom that implemented this. All Capcom is doing in that article is apologizing for not putting up a warning on the PSN product page that the game requires an internet connection. Reading into that and generalizing that Sony is going to do this for all games, when in fact this is Capcom's experiment is purely idiotic.

Also do you honestly believe all the people who gameshare would even buy 90% of the games they buy into right now? More than likely Sony and the developers see more game sales because of gamesharing. I know I wouldn't buy most of the games at full price.[/QUOTE]

I must have read into this (and other articles on the matter), but either way it's clear your a supreme bag of douche. No need to be an asshole when I was just engaging in a legit convo.

And what solution do you have for Capcom since they've clearly figured out game-sharing is popular among people and represents lost dollars to them (regardless of how much they lost)? DRM's trends have not been consumer friendly and when companies look and see a minority (albeit small) taking advantage of the system in a way that represents lost income, they tend to react in ways that punish the masses also.

I'll be taking a wait-and-see approach to make sure there isn't restrictive DRM on all future Capcom downloads on PSN (prob also with other publishers, seems like few publishers shy away from DRM)

[quote name='MasterSun1']You can transfer saves for games that don't have a Wi-Fi component to them. For Wi-Fi games, you'll need a hack.

And I thought Nintendo will let you migrate accounts to a new system if your system is broken.[/QUOTE]

I have no experience with the matter, but if I recall reading somewhere (a while ago), I think Nintendo's migration assistance may only be availble if you have to send a console into them for repair (as in they for sure that it's broken) and either way you're stuck with content on one console at a time...

[quote name='mitnosi']You guys are derailing this thread with the sony and capcom stuff :p[/QUOTE]

What thread? This isn't a deal and it's not confirmed by the big N anyways. The OP just decided to post pure speculation by all of the game blogs out there. Until it's up for Pre-Order at the big retailers this thread is useless.

[quote name='eastx']It's not just speculation. It's going to happen. They just can't officially announce it yet.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, it's Nintendo. THE color you want won't be availble at launch, but two months after you buy one, they'll release it in a better bundle. They've pretty much got it down to a science...

awesome, i always wanted to get my heads on a black wii. i guess ill just pickup wii sports at my local gamestop for a buck or so

I prefer the NES skin I've had on mine since month 2 (was annoyed by scratches - not as bad as the PS3 but shiny finishes don't hold up well when you're always moving the console)

[quote name='bigwoof']awesome, i always wanted to get my heads on a black wii. i guess ill just pickup wii sports at my local gamestop for a buck or so[/QUOTE]
I think the regular wii sports is also included in the bundle.

[quote name='prateeko']I prefer the NES skin I've had on mine since month 2 (was annoyed by scratches - not as bad as the PS3 but shiny finishes don't hold up well when you're always moving the console)[/QUOTE]

That NES skin looks cool.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Hoping Nintendo gives us a way to transfer games and saves. I'd like to have a black Wii (insert joke here) and I could give my parents my old one.[/QUOTE]

dont mind if i do!

"once you go BLACK you neva go BACK!!!"

Im all over this if its true.. i was fancying picking up a wii again for a few select titles.. if we get the confirmation ill be up at the store may 9th to pick this up!!! thanks OP, Ive always wanted to go black!

I got $120 worth of Wal-Mart credit...waiting for the inevitable E3 announcement of the new bundle...which will most likely be this black one.

[quote name='prateeko']I must have read into this (and other articles on the matter), but either way it's clear your a supreme bag of douche. No need to be an asshole when I was just engaging in a legit convo.

And what solution do you have for Capcom since they've clearly figured out game-sharing is popular among people and represents lost dollars to them (regardless of how much they lost)? DRM's trends have not been consumer friendly and when companies look and see a minority (albeit small) taking advantage of the system in a way that represents lost income, they tend to react in ways that punish the masses also.

I'll be taking a wait-and-see approach to make sure there isn't restrictive DRM on all future Capcom downloads on PSN (prob also with other publishers, seems like few publishers shy away from DRM)

I have no experience with the matter, but if I recall reading somewhere (a while ago), I think Nintendo's migration assistance may only be availble if you have to send a console into them for repair (as in they for sure that it's broken) and either way you're stuck with content on one console at a time...[/QUOTE]

he wasn't being a douche. You're the one trying to come off all-knowing on the issue, when you're clearly mistaken.

I'm thinking I might get a Wii now. No joke, the girlfriend didn't want one because it didn't look good with our black tv and the PS3. Now maybe I can talk her into getting one along with a copy of Monster Hunter.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']he wasn't being a douche. You're the one trying to come off all-knowing on the issue, when you're clearly mistaken.[/QUOTE]

I was trying to add to the discussion about Nintendo's lame policies and was mistaken about the Sony/Capcom PSN DRM. If it came off as all knowing, then whatever. I'm not going to push the argument since I realize I read into things, but asking someone if they're hard of reading is a douchy thing to say (on the internet it's easily meant to be condescending) and I thought it was an unecessary insult.

I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, but I think the core idea of unfair practicies in regards to digital downloads is relevant to the thread since people may be buying a second Wii and will be disappointed when they realize they have to buy all their VC stuff again...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I got $120 worth of Wal-Mart credit...waiting for the inevitable E3 announcement of the new bundle...which will most likely be this black one.[/QUOTE]
Well if this rumor is true then this bundle will be out a month before E3

I can independently confirm that it'll be out on the 8th of May. So in other words, it'll be out in less than 2 weeks. In the computer at work (and I won't say where in light of Speedy), there are two separate SKU's set up which is exactly what they did with the DS lite when it came out and had different colors. It also has a huge warning "DO NOT SELL BEFORE 5/8/10. It'll include wii sports resort as well for $199.99

[quote name='sonderiaom']I can independently confirm that it'll be out on the 8th of May. So in other words, it'll be out in less than 2 weeks. In the computer at work (and I won't say where in light of Speedy), there are two separate SKU's set up which is exactly what they did with the DS lite when it came out and had different colors. It also has a huge warning "DO NOT SELL BEFORE 5/8/10. It'll include wii sports resort as well for $199.99[/QUOTE]
The two SKU's are probably White Bundle and Black Bundle with the old standard Wii SKU being discontinued.

[quote name='mitnosi']The two SKU's are probably White Bundle and Black Bundle with the old standard Wii SKU being discontinued.[/QUOTE]

Precisely my thoughts. And before anyone asks, I checked to see if there'd be any price reductions on the old SKU as we still have plenty, but I didn't see anything. Chances are they'll be sent back and repurposed.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Precisely my thoughts. And before anyone asks, I checked to see if there'd be any price reductions on the old SKU as we still have plenty, but I didn't see anything. Chances are they'll be sent back and repurposed.[/QUOTE]
Sent back and spray painted black :p

[quote name='mitnosi']The two SKU's are probably White Bundle and Black Bundle with the old standard Wii SKU being discontinued.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that's what he was saying -- or was I the only one who automatically thought that?

Why is this in the 'deals' thread?

bread's done
Back