Today is CAG's 7th Birthday

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]14352[/IMG-R]It was 7 years ago today that the first incarnation of the Cheap Ass Gamer forums were created. The website has changed a lot over the years, but one thing that has remained constant is the amazing community. I want to thank all the CAG members who have contributed so much to this site over these 7 years. I'm often astonished at how much effort CAGs put in to helping their fellow CAGs.

Although it hasn't always been smooth sailing, I am truly grateful that your participation on CAG has allowed me to make a comfortable living. I hope you will enjoy the new features that are coming soon to CAG, including a fantastic (and free) iPhone App and a greatly improved Price Tracker.

A big thank you and happy 7th birthday everyone!

I can't be certain if CAG has saved me money (helping to find deals on games I wanted cheap and forced me to wait on certain games) or cost me money (impulse purchases on deals I never would have known about), but either way, I can't imagine my life without it or its colorful community. Happy birthday, CAG!

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Happy Birthday CAG! :whee:

Now where's the cake?[/QUOTE]

THE CAKE IS A LIE~ Half Life: The Portal

Thanks everyone for making this community awesome, every bit counts.

One of the best communities around.

Ashamed that it took me five and a half years to find it.

Excited to see that it has thrived for so long.

Here's to another Seven!

I hope CAG can provide new media shelves for everyone, as I have been home recked from all the deals this website has given me. In fact I had to make chairs out of EA Xbox and ps3 games to be able to sit down properly to eat breakfast this morning. It sure is an interesting world when your house turns into the display cabinet behind a Gamestop's counter. Gosh... I wish I just could just find my consoles under this mess of games to actually start reducing my backlog...

lol But really, I am glad I found such a great community to be a part of. Happy Birthday CAG!

Wait - you can make money on this inter-web thingy?!?! Son of a %@#$!!!

Jokes aside - kudos to CheapyD - it's my go-to site for deals&trading!

hippobirdies2.gif

Why didn't anyone tell me about this website 7 years ago? Probably because I was 13 and there was no such thing as $150 Legendary editions of games. If I may make a suggestion Cheapy, If you have it, you should post some screenshots of what the website looked like 7 years ago. I'm curious to see what the old gal used to look like in her early years.

At any rate happy birthday CAG, glad I found this site before I graduate college (knock on wood) and have to work to support my gaming addiction.

Happy Birthday, CAG, and congratulations Cheapy on all the much-deserved success. I've been hanging around this place since 2003, and from the day I discovered this site to today, it's always been where I spend most of my online time. Love the deals, the blogs, the community, the occasional controversies, the podcast, the contests, all of it. I can't imagine life without CAG.

Thank you, Cheapy. Thanks to CAG, I've been the hero of Christmas ($40 GBA SPs- Black Friday '05 @ Walmart), and I met my podcast cohost through CAG. In fact, the CAGcast has always been our biggest influence.

So, thank you Cheapy, Super Programmer John, Wombat, Shipwrecks, and everyone else who has made CAG wonderful.

Happy Birthday CAG! You saved me so much cash and are the reason I'm a PC gamer again (fucking steam and their sales). Thanks Cheapy and the crew for being awesome to the max! :cry: One day we'll have box juice's together on me!

Congrats, CheapyD, on 7 successful years. This site has saved me so much money and the cagcast has provided countless hours of enjoyment. Here's to 7 more!

Damn your iPhone app! Give me an Android app! :D

I've been here thru most of it and can say i've very grateful to you Cheapy.

Happy Birthday CAG, Thank you for building and bringing together such a classy bunch of characters on CAG Cheapy, keep up the good work! Let's hope for 7 more! CAG4LIFE, Bitches!

bread's done
Back