Direct2Drive Civilization 4 Complete Edition: $9.95

It depends on what you didn't like about Civ Rev. They are both turn-based strategy games. The difference being Civ 4 is MUCH larger, especially with all of the expansion packs being included with this. On top of that Civ 4 is a slower game, Civ Rev was streamlined so it would play fast on the consoles; cut the tech tree in half, took out many of the management aspects, etc. Here is a review of Civ Rev that talks about some of the differences.

http://news.bigdownload.com/2008/07/12/big-versus-civilization-iv-and-revolution/

Andrew

GREAT Price for an awesome game. I'd jump if I didn't already have them all. Highly recommended for people who love strategy games, or for anyone who wants to stay up until 3am for 'just one more turn'.

I was so excited and then I realized it was only for the PC version. :( I should have guessed that, since Aspyr seems to only sell Mac downloadable games directly through their site (hopefully that will change when Stream comes to Mac), but a man can dream.

I could always buy the PC version and play it through Boot Camp or Parallels, but that seems unnecessary when it actually exists for the Mac.

I loved Civilization 4 and didn't like Revolution. Revolution was too dumbed down if you had already played any of the others.

I'm the reverse. I like Civ, but Civ:Rev was a lot more fun for me. Less micromanagement, and quick-and-dirty gameplay to speed thing along. This is definitely based on different tastes, though. Both games are absolutely spectacular.

bread's done
Back