Gamestop & Amazon STILL dropping prices for games + 10$GC!!!

ludwigfrech

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
gamestop's site is still dropping prices, for example Demon's souls and Bioshock 2 are now for 32.99 each (they come for less than 30 after tax) and FF XIII is now for 43.99... and after the coupon codes that we ALL KNOW they can come even cheapper:D

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=847&loc=homeflash

EDIT: this morning amazon has PMed some games, DS, Bs2 now for 32.99 each, FF XIII for 43.99$ & GTA: ELC for 29.99$ although some other games haven't changed

EDIT 2: i noticed that some CAGs said that in amazon, a few hours after ordering the order status sais ready to be shipped... this is a point when you can't cancel your order... so you can expect an other PD from GS.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think gamestop has easily won 2010 top online retailer by the month of april alone. these prices are insane and amazon has done absolutely nothing to match them.

[quote name='isofan1']i think gamestop has easily won 2010 top online retailer by the month of april alone. these prices are insane and amazon has done absolutely nothing to match them.[/QUOTE]
What? Amazon is matching them.

Yep :D

that's definitely great news!!

--

did they just crash?

Our server was unable to process your request. Please try again.

If our server continues to be uncooperative, please send an email to [email protected].

Helpful details include:
  • What you were attempting to do when the server stopped serving
  • Your browser type and version number
  • Your operating system
  • Your phone number in case we get lonely (or need further information)

[quote name='Unrealevil']What? Amazon is matching them.[/QUOTE]
They are matching the prices BEFORE the 10% and 25% off coupons, so it's still a better deal at gamestop unfortunately ;/

[quote name='isofan1']i think gamestop has easily won 2010 top online retailer by the month of april alone. these prices are insane and amazon has done absolutely nothing to match them.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Aside from the 25OFF code that Gamestop has, Amazon has been matching their games with their own $10 Game credit(that stacks btw and Gamestop's doesn't).

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']What are you talking about? Aside from the 25OFF code that Gamestop has, Amazon has been matching their games with their own $10 Game credit(that stacks btw and Gamestop's doesn't).[/QUOTE]

Yes, but 25OFF makes all the difference.

Borderlands (PS3) is looking real tempting. If this was Amazon I'd a jumped easy-peasy on it since I already have $20 credit, but unfortunately (or fortunately for my wallet) it's not.

[quote name='Unrealevil']That only happens to me when I try using 10auto.[/QUOTE]

no i mean i literally can't go on gamestop.com

lol

-edit- nvm :D fixed

just called GS CS and they were able to credit back $6.00 to my credit card!!!
This was the price difference for Demon's Soul and Final Fantasy XIII, 3 dollars each!
NICE JOB GS!!!

[quote name='kjay80']just called GS CS and they were able to credit back $6.00 to my credit card!!!
This was the price difference for Demon's Soul and Final Fantasy XIII, 3 dollars each!
NICE JOB GS!!![/QUOTE]

That's....shocking. My cold heart towards GS is starting to warm, if only temporarily.

[quote name='yuugotserved']no i mean i literally can't go on gamestop.com

lol

-edit- nvm :D fixed[/QUOTE]
Oh, now I can't get on. :(

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Now I really feel bad for buying FF XIII at full price! Damn it! lol[/QUOTE]

You think that's bad...I bought Bioshock 2 at full price, didn't even like the game, and haven't been able to sell it on craigslist for over a month.

[quote name='Unrealevil']Oh, now I can't get on. :([/QUOTE]

lol and i thought it was just me :D

so GS dropped all the games with the $10 credit by $3?

[quote name='yuugotserved']Is gamestop working for you guys?

i get an error message :([/QUOTE]

I've been getting error messages from them all day. It won't even let me add an item to the cart.

I just sent an email to GS CS to try to get both a price adjustment on FFXIII and to get a $10 coupon that will stack. I'll see what they come back with.

My guess for all these price drops is that GS' fiscal quarter ends this Saturday (as do most retailers) and they're trying really hard to hit a top line sales target for the quarter.

And hopefully that means they'll want to make me a happy customer and not get the return.

[quote name='yuugotserved']lol and i thought it was just me :D

so GS dropped all the games with the $10 credit by $3?[/QUOTE]

Do I recognize your username from SD?

I hardly ever purchase from Gamestop anymore. Now YES, they are finally giving decent prices on their games, but you never have a reliable guarantee when you purchase it online or from the store. Most of their games are in the crappiest quality (Scratched and what not) and for the most part don't usually come with manuals and cases. Gamefly gives the best prices in my opinion :) and you always will get games complete with manual and cases and FREE shipping for members. Can't beat that

Plus they got a sale going on for every single day of the week (currently) for 3 specific games marked cheaper than what they normally were on their website. Amazing I must say! =D

[quote name='acsguitar']Can I buy online but pickup at the store?[/QUOTE]
No, as stated in the original thread. This is an online only deal without store pickup

Good thing i havent had the money to purchase any of these titles yet. Hoping they drop in price again before i get my paycheck, lol

[quote name='kjay80']just called GS CS and they were able to credit back $6.00 to my credit card!!!
NICE JOB GS!!![/QUOTE]

Im gonna have to do the same, as I just bought Bioshock 2 like 5 hours ago.

Im just wondering if the price is going to go down further....

If Amazon matches Demon Soul's, I'll be all over that. I've spent so much money this week, a little more can't hurt (have $10 credit on Amazon).

[quote name='Jestifex']I hardly ever purchase from Gamestop anymore. Now YES, they are finally giving decent prices on their games, but you never have a reliable guarantee when you purchase it online or from the store. Most of their games are in the crappiest quality (Scratched and what not) and for the most part don't usually come with manuals and cases. Gamefly gives the best prices in my opinion :) and you always will get games complete with manual and cases and FREE shipping for members. Can't beat that

Plus they got a sale going on for every single day of the week (currently) for 3 specific games marked cheaper than what they normally were on their website. Amazing I must say! =D[/QUOTE]

Well, you can always call CS to tell them if you have a problem with a game. I bought two AC2 and one of them was the AC1. Called got a replacement, didn't work (was told to keep it, plan on trading it in:)) and I just got my other copy that works today. I wasn't planning on keeping the game so now I make a bigger profit off my AC2 purchase.

Really it's about time they got the hint. I do wish the prices were good in store though.

I wonder if now is the time to get FF13 and Demon's Souls. As always I don't need them right now with my backlog, but sometimes you just need to buy when the price is right.

I placed an order for Uncharted 2. Submitted the order but then realized it was for $48.99 before discount, not the $45.99 that was shown in the cart. Also, the shipping was added back on after I submitted the order. Website wouldnt let me cancel either! Sent email to them. Hope they adjust it or cancel it as requested.

[quote name='Unrealevil']What? Amazon is matching them.[/QUOTE]

Odd... I don't remember Amazon offering me a 25% off coupon on their website too ;)

I'm looking at picking up borderlands for 360 but it says

" Get $10 off a future order when you purchase Bioshock 2. The $10 coupon code will be emailed within 24 hours of order shipment. Online Offer only."

Is this a error and there is a $10 code if I purchase borderlands?

Anyone else get this error?

[quote name='Pojomofo']Im gonna have to do the same, as I just bought Bioshock 2 like 5 hours ago.

Im just wondering if the price is going to go down further....[/QUOTE]

You should call them asap, cuz i was told my order was already being processed, so couldn't update/cancel the order.
but the CS had to manually put credit back to my CC.
Ask them nicely and they will do it, Good Luck!

[quote name='DragonJuggs']I'm looking at picking up borderlands for 360 but it says

" Get $10 off a future order when you purchase Bioshock 2. The $10 coupon code will be emailed within 24 hours of order shipment. Online Offer only."

Is this a error and there is a $10 code if I purchase borderlands?

Anyone else get this error?[/QUOTE]

This happened with Demon's Soul, so i called them, was told i would still get the coupon code.

NICE JOB GS!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I just got off the phone with GS and they are crediting $12 back to my gift card. :applause:

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Odd... I don't remember Amazon offering me a 25% off coupon on their website too ;)[/QUOTE]
Isn't that coupon from an affiliate though? Not that that changes anything, but head-to-head Amazon is matching GS. GS just has someone in their corner to make it 2-on-1 (1 1/2-on-1?) right now. Not that it needs to end anytime soon though...

Just bought two FFXIIIs- one for a friend, one for my girlfriend- and a White Classic Controller Pro for ~$78 after 25OFF and a $10 coupon code I got for a messed up order. Then I'll be getting another two free $10 coupon codes. :D Freaking awesome.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Oh fuck, $32.99 plus $10 GC for Demon's Souls?![/QUOTE]Tempting, but Amazon and Gamestop seem to be one-upping each other a few bucks at a time on this title. Hopefully it'll be under $30 plus a GC by the weekend.

bread's done
Back