Wolfenstein (PS3) $13, Guitar Hero 5 (360) $13, and Marvel: UA2 (360) $10 @ Gamefly

Ernest_360

CAGiversary!
GameFly continued its used game sale today (4/30) with the new announcements over twitter. As Cheapy mentioned, all deals will last from noon PST to noon PST the next day. Games are used and include box and manual (and should feature free standard shipping). A LOT of CAGs have been taking advantage of this ongoing bonanza of titles this week...

Today's are...

:ps3: Wolfenstein - $12.99**
:360: Guitar Hero 5 - $12.99
:360: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 - $9.99

Have fun!

** Please note that Wolfenstein for the Xbox 360 is NOT considered part of the sale, as you MUST pay the full shipping costs. The price is still $12.99 though, but the sale (free shipping) only pertains to the PS3 edition.

When did the week sale officially start? Will it carry through the weekend? I'm hoping they have something epic planned for the weekend days if so.

GH5 and MUA2 are tempting, but I know I don't have time or to big of a backlog to play em, so I'm out, but great deals, especially MUA2.

I still can't believe MUA 2 is already $10. They must have purchased way too many when the game first shipped.

For the record, I still don't think it's worth $10.

Got 2 copies of GH5... one for me and one for a friend...

I was hoping that they put this one on sale! Gotta love Gamefly.

Tekken 6 showed up in my mailbox today. Ordered it the 28th I believe. For free shipping it sure is quick, unlike amazon who still haven't shipped my SSF4 when I ordered it on release day lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up for all you completionists out there, the MUA2 DLC is no longer available (they decided to let it expire back in Nov) so you can only attain 1000/1250 for the xbox version (its no longer available for ps3 either).

Thank you. i have been waiting patiently for Family Video to meet their price drop (to $10) for MUA2 and GH5. Seems like its time to go with GameFly since they get generally better reviews. Good lookin out!

I'm tempted, but will hold-off on Wolfenstein. For those looking for a flip, Wolfenstein will get you a $20 gift card or $13 check from Best Buy.

Wolfenstein is very good for those considering. I was so bored with MUA2 I got rid of it after a few days, though. Wish they did GH5 for PS3 at that price. Oh well, after a game Monday and a game Tuesday, the rest of the week turned out to be a dud for me.

Thinking of Wolfenstein about $14 (w/tax) isn't bad, depends if I can justify yet another FPS on PS3, demo was underwhelming, but competent.

On another note, got my copy of White Knight Chronicles today (ordered Monday) shipped from PA. Perfect condition (a little dirt on the disc) case manual, everything. I would be surprised if it was rented more than a handful of times, is how nice it is. Not bad for $20.

Compared to my copy of Bioshock 2 (came today as well) from Gamestop that was dirty and the case looked like it was run through a belt sander, and loaded up with stickers.

No wonder I love Gamefly so much. :D

Edit: I bit, $13.80 was good enough, hope when I get around to playing it, it's as fun as I've heard when I'm jones'in for some Nazi Zombie killin'.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']Wombat needs to post his opinion on MUA2 at this price. I'm on the fence.[/QUOTE]
He didn't like it and thought it was a big downgrade from the original. Especially how everyone has one costumes or how after you choose a side you possibly lose the character you were playing. That and a very ham fisted story.

It was from a CAGCast awhile back.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Nothing for me. Too bad Wolfenstein :360: doesn't have free shipping.[/QUOTE]

I guess its bad timing for you to stop buying multi-platform games!!!

I for one picked up GH5. Are the GH:Van Halen coupons or codes still valid? Just assuming its going to come with the voucher, well at least hoping:lol:

Wolfenstein is a decent FPS. Ordered it for $8, after my $5 GameFly monies.

How do I buy Bioshock 2 for PS3 without having to rent it? Or do I have to send my game back, wait for them to ship that and then buy it for $22 ?

hmm, for the price of gh5 and mua2, i can subscribe for a month of gamefly and rent those two plus a couple more. what to do...

I actually thought the MUA 2 demo was OK, especially for this price, so I went for it. As for GH 5, can't really pass it up at this price. I don't even now what the play list is...wonder if it's any good? :whistle2:k

For my tastes, the GH5 track list was absolute shit. There looked to be a few good songs I liked and I read of improvements they made but it's not enough to make me blow any money on it.

As for MUA2, I rented it from them and beat it once. It's pretty fun; it's more like a beat em up than it is a sort of dungeon crawler. They simplified the powers, level up system, equipment etc so there's more of a focus on killing anything that moves. If it weren't for the amount of enemies on screen at once(in the tens or so; not like Ninety Nine Nights or anything), it'd be pretty boring. I ran through one of the campaigns in about 9 hours but didn't have any urge to go through Anti-Reg.

For $10, you could do worse. I really think this is more towards the old arcade mindless beat em ups. I felt the first was much more fun and interesting though.

Picked up GH5, but passed on the others. I'd love to get a copy of Wolfenstein eventually... as I know a few guys that worked on it... but if I'm going to get a copy I might as well buy one from a place where the studio might get a few cents for it.

MUA2 is a huge letdown to the first MUA. I got it for $15 and way overpaid.
I just got Wolfenstein last week for $20....eh not a big loss...

Been dreaming to find Wolfenstein cheap! Played the demo and fell in love with it when I charged a bunch of Nazis shooting point blank and blowing off chunks of flesh whith blood everywhere.... it was awesome!

Bit on GH5 and MUA2, and I'll probably never play them. As for GH though, I think I'm having more fun finding them all for $10-12 after they sell so poorly just to stick it to Activision. Plus they all look so pretty lined up on the shelf together.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Bit on GH5 thanks.

I'm assuming it will come with the export code...right?[/QUOTE]Yeah, it'll have the code

bread's done
Back