What made you start?

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
What made you start on your video game addiction? For me it was Double dragon and Shinobi (both arcade games). :D

My dad sold vending machines and the like for a big company back in the early 80s. Arcade games were part of that. Pac-Man was the first game I ever played, and soon after got an Atari 2600. Played ever since then (I was 4 at the time), and ever since I got a job (11 years ago), a big ol chunk of my income goes to support my habit.

I would be playing Pong on Atari and ET, but I guess the game that cause my addiction was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the Arcade Game (the actual game not the NES game). I would love going to Arcade and playing it, and the similar-style game The Simpsons and X-Men. I just loved playing with 4 other gamers.

After that it was Marvel Super Heroes. I guess I owe my addiction to the Arcade.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']I would be playing Pong on Atari and ET, but I guess the game that cause my addiction was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the Arcade Game (the actual game not the NES game). I would love going to Arcade and playing it, and the similar-style game The Simpsons and X-Men. I just loved playing with 4 other gamers.

After that it was Marvel Super Heroes. I guess I owe my addiction to the Arcade.[/quote]

3 other gamers ;) unless there is a special version where you can play as splinter or something, that would be cool...

I think street fighter II would be the first game that I played a lot of

[quote name='maxflight'][quote name='D4rkewolfe']I would be playing Pong on Atari and ET, but I guess the game that cause my addiction was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the Arcade Game (the actual game not the NES game). I would love going to Arcade and playing it, and the similar-style game The Simpsons and X-Men. I just loved playing with 4 other gamers.

After that it was Marvel Super Heroes. I guess I owe my addiction to the Arcade.[/quote]

3 other gamers ;) unless there is a special version where you can play as splinter or something, that would be cool...

I think street fighter II would be the first game that I played a lot of[/quote]

X Men was 6 player I believe. Also I would point to SFII , X-Men and Simpsons as well as my arcade addiction

overall it still goes back to SMB

For me it was probably atari at age 3 or so. I used to love the racing games etc.

I forget the name of that game that you had to go into castles and find blinking keys. I am going to have to go dig it out and find out.

It naturally progressed from there. Funny thing is when I got a Nes I became really sickly and I had to stay home from school more often.

Back then it was great when you found a secret out in a game. You felt like maybe you were the only one who knew. I still remember finding the warp pipes at the end of the first level or whatever.

[quote name='Cracka']it all started with my ungodly addiction to snorting cocaine off the asses of strippers.[/quote]

ditto

Age 5 received an Atari 2600 for Christmas from my parents. Played Pac-man, Tutkahamn, and Super Cobra. I'm not sure what made my dad decide to buy it for me. I'm guessing I must have seen the old neighboorhood kids Atari and said I wanted one? Or maybe Dad just thought it was cool?

Although he never did get into video games.

I guess technically it started with Super Mario on the NES, but the first games I was fanatical about were TMNT 2 (NES arcade port) and the Guardian Legend. I was so crazy about TMNT that I was considering spekking it off my cousin. I would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for my aunt. That led me to the life-draining video game addiction I have today.

I'm pretty sure it was Super Mario Bros. on the NES. But I think i really started liking games when I played SMB3. Then the SNES came and games like Lttp and Illusion of Gaia got me hooked.

According to my mom, when I was pretty damn young she would take me to the corner deli where they had a Ms. Pac Man machine. Being so young I didn't know you needed quarters so she would just let me sit there and 'play' the demo. Ah how naive I was.

I think it just "happened" I had one of those Sears Pong machines and it just went up from there, it was just another appliance, always has been. I'm in shock and awe when people tell me they DON'T have a game system. I'll be over this cats house and say "Where's your game room? You got that shit hooked up in here?" And then they're like "I don't have any video games" What? That's like sayin you don't have a TV or a toaster or some shit. You GOTTA have someTHING, an old ass Nintendo, a busted Playstation, something.

i always went over to my cousins house when i was like 5 and play all of his oldschool systems. then a few years later he got a PS with mod chip and like 200 games so i just had to get one and it took off from there.

My folks owned a convenience store, so I grew up around arcade machines. Ah, the magic of a row of arcade machines all aglow in the darkness after hours, with their assorted sound effects and a fistfull of quarters dragging down my pocket. *wipe my eye*

When I was younger (about 6 years old) my grandpa had this awesomely cool thing downstairs called the Super Nintendo (ahh, the good old days). Well, his songs were about 13 and 14 then (my uncles) and they played, so I wanted to try. Let's see, it was more like super metroid that was the first game i tried. They also had a few other games too. Then they gave that to us for a christmas one day and got N64 at their house. I was completely hooked right then. ;)

Pong! When I was a kid my mother bought this mechanical pong game it was shaped like a tv and you slid the paddles up and down. It was like impossible to get me and my brothers to do anything for like 2 months. Shortly after they came out with a Tank arcade game which was followed up shortly after that with space invaders. Prior to any of this I had a hardcore addiction to pinball. To this day I can still rock any pinball machine. I have even considered competing in the World championship.

When I was 8 my parents got me a 2600 with about 50 games. The one that I liked the best was Smurfs. I can still hear the poor Smurf jumping onto the fence and his death noise sounds just like a fart. Good times. My son is 3 and he will carry on the gaming title once I'm dead. He already loves to play Ninja Gaiden and Project Gotham. No Elmos Number Game for my boy.

The NES...Super Mario Brothers 3 in particular. I loved playing it when I went to see friends and relatives. Ah, the memories...

Even so, my first console was a 2600. My mom got it for me back around 1990...probably didn't cost very much. If she had known what my hobby would become, she never would've bought it. :D

One of the Track & Field Games. We had it for an old Atari computer. it rocked and still wish i had it today.

First game I beat; Star Tropics for the NES. Your weapon was a YO-YO!

[quote name='metroidkiller9']oregon trail. no wildlife is safe when im hunting. represent![/quote]

My dad didn't like videogames in the house, so I played this all the time at school. I kept playing up until the end of the SNES days, then just stopped. The week the SP came out, I went and bought one with Metroid Fusion, and that got me back into gaming again.

Asteroids and Space Invaders ruled.

I think the addiction was full blown though for Qbert and Defender (of course).

And I also remember being awesome at Commando and then 720. I was able to easily get perfect all gold in that game with one quarter. Commando I could also finish one quarter.

Time to start a new thread.

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons gold box series (SSI) for my Tandy computer,
Dragon Warrior for the NES

These weren't the first game I ever played (I think that distinction goes to Wizard of Wor when I was 6 or so) but they were the ones that cemented my addiction.

My Dad bought an NES when he was out of work with a back injury, so I grew up (Starting at the age of 2) playing Super Mario and Zelda.

my dads intellivision started me in the way early 90's, but the true addiction began when i got a genny about a year after playing my first game. the genny truely started my addiction.

It was definitely the arcades. I remember going to the laundromat with mother just play Street Fighter or begging my parents to go to the arcade to play X-Men, Simpsons, and TMNT. It makes me sad to hear that arcades are going belly up these days.

[quote name='maxflight'][quote name='D4rkewolfe']I would be playing Pong on Atari and ET, but I guess the game that cause my addiction was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the Arcade Game (the actual game not the NES game). I would love going to Arcade and playing it, and the similar-style game The Simpsons and X-Men. I just loved playing with 4 other gamers.

[/quote]
What you didn't play the special edition? Splinter or Casey Jones was available :p Anyways let me stand corrected, nothing like 4-6 gamers playing together. Better now? As they mentioned X-men it was 6

bread's done
Back