- - - - -

Help These Boys!!! Do a Good Deed!

#61 Zenithian Legend   Banned Banned   13122 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Zenithian Legend

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:06 PM

I'm still skeptical... shouldn't you be watching your "dependants" instead of tinkering around online?

#62 Indiana   Over 3 decades of gaming! CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:10 PM

Damn I don't own either of these games for my GC... people are asking $100 for RE2 now on ebay. That's insane... come on capcom do a reprint already.....

#63 Steggy   Shhhhhhhhh CAGiversary!   7546 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:18 PM

god first the vote for option 2 sympathy thread for a new kitchen, now this...

#64 Javery   Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer CAGiversary!   22424 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:26 PM

Is it just me or does anyone else think allowing mentally challenged people play Resident Evil is a little insane? I mean I've been around mentally challenged/autistic/other learning disabled people and their ability to tell the difference between reality and fantasy is typically questionable at best. Last thing I'd want is someone to get mad and hurt or kill someone else because of something they saw in a videogame...

The guys aren't dangerous, nor are they mentally ill. There is a difference between a mental illness and a brain injury.

The only problem we have ever had with them is them wanting to act out the wrestling games.. and Eric weighs 300 lbs, Robert weighs in at 120. He doesn't know it, though.. it's like a Rat Terrier after a Bull Mastiff, plus they REALLY like each other. It's hilarious.

I really don't see why it's a huge leap of logic to think if they act out one type of game without knowledge or regard for the reprocussions, is it that outlandish to think that one of them may act out something they saw in a different game?

My thoughts exactly.

#65 Birakon   Jack's smirking revenge CAGiversary!   711 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:28 PM

um...i have a penis

#66 Steggy   Shhhhhhhhh CAGiversary!   7546 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:31 PM

um...i have a penis

thats why most people didnt take you serious and buy your ds on the trade forums...

#67 Birakon   Jack's smirking revenge CAGiversary!   711 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:33 PM

um...i have a penis

thats why most people didnt take you serious and buy your ds on the trade forums...

actually punksux bought it and he has the DS and just sent out the money already =P

BTW not to be rude OP but how does a person who can not read play a video game?

#68 RisingZan   Old CAG CAGiversary!   615 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:47 PM

um...i have a penis

:applause:

Congrats! :roll:

#69 TsaebehT   far from god CAGiversary!   1699 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:49 PM

Is anyone else here thinking "Shaun of the Dead" or is it just me?

\:D/

#70 Captain J   Philips CD-I Expert CAGiversary!   388 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:09 PM

Maybe this could help you out:

http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=933380

http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=933381

http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=933845

less than 10 bucks each and use code FREESHIPALL for free shipping

i checked eb but they only have the first one is stock for psx use codes CAG15 and SAVER for 15% off + free shipping

http://www.ebgames.c...duct/116825.asp

#71 dwsscs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   762 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:29 PM

Is it just me or does anyone else think allowing mentally challenged people play Resident Evil is a little insane? I mean I've been around mentally challenged/autistic/other learning disabled people and their ability to tell the difference between reality and fantasy is typically questionable at best. Last thing I'd want is someone to get mad and hurt or kill someone else because of something they saw in a videogame...

The guys aren't dangerous, nor are they mentally ill. There is a difference between a mental illness and a brain injury.

The only problem we have ever had with them is them wanting to act out the wrestling games.. and Eric weighs 300 lbs, Robert weighs in at 120. He doesn't know it, though.. it's like a Rat Terrier after a Bull Mastiff, plus they REALLY like each other. It's hilarious.

I really don't see why it's a huge leap of logic to think if they act out one type of game without knowledge or regard for the reprocussions, is it that outlandish to think that one of them may act out something they saw in a different game?

My thoughts exactly.

Dido, God forbid they think someone is a zombie.

#72 Jackofdiamonds  

Jackofdiamonds

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:32 PM

Maybe this could help you out:

http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=933380

http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=933381

http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=933845

less than 10 bucks each and use code FREESHIPALL for free shipping

i

Use coupon code CAG10A when you purchase any in-stock game, and receive 10% off AND free USA Value Shipping! Good until Monday.

#73 Captain J   Philips CD-I Expert CAGiversary!   388 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:41 PM

thanks for the backup! :D

#74 outlawz42   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   141 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

outlawz42

Posted 26 February 2005 - 03:32 AM

I have a friend with disabilites...he plays games...doesn't really act them out..he drives...can't really work...but he's productive in his own right..it is possible that this is real...besides if you were to help and you get scammed...its still good karma for you..

#75 flamingo-kid1   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   32 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

flamingo-kid1

Posted 26 February 2005 - 02:16 PM

I have a friend with disabilites...he plays games...doesn't really act them out..he drives...can't really work...but he's productive in his own right..it is possible that this is real...besides if you were to help and you get scammed...its still good karma for you..

Absolutely EXCELLENT attitude.. and you should have TONS of good karma just for thinking like this.

Lots of gamers have been VERY helpful, and only the one was questionable.

I made this post originally because I knew NOTHING about games orgaming equipment, and look how many people came forward with assistance!

Thank you, CAG!

#76 flamingo-kid1   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   32 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

flamingo-kid1

Posted 26 February 2005 - 02:22 PM

BTW, I am going in to Chicago tomorrow to see the guys, and we have a "gaming conversation" conference scheduled.

I will list the options you guys have given me and see what they say.

Mostly this RE problem is for Robert, because my Eric is happy with PS1 and bought a PS2 at Christmas. Almost All HE ever wants to do is a sports,a nd wrestling games.

#77 flamingo-kid1   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   32 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

flamingo-kid1

Posted 26 February 2005 - 02:31 PM

I'm still skeptical... shouldn't you be watching your "dependants" instead of tinkering around online?

They're not my "dependents", although I am the Legal Guardian of my own son.

They live 90 miles west of me. I call them every night and get in there probably twice a month.

The facility takes great care of them and they have 24/7 supervision, which is something I can NOT do at home.

So don't worry.

#78 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22942 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:29 PM

You guys are too paranoid. She asked for help tracking the games down at the lowest price. I don't see what's wrong with that...

Hey, I'm in Rockford, IL too!

#79 quix0te   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   3 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2005 - 11:58 PM

I have no idea if this is legit or not... i'm not trying to flame here but why would a kid be playing resident evil games? It could just be me but that seems kinda odd to me... but good luck with finding the games.

Hi guys.. I'm not gone offline, yet.. so I wil answer a few questions

They are NOT kids. Robert is 35 years old, but is Developmentally Delayed. He functions in his teens.

My Eric is 26 and functions at approx. 13 years old. The others range in age from 23 to 65. The 23 year old has had a stroke, with a LOT of health problems.

There's no need to automatically think this is a scam.

*bing*
Congratulations, your use of the term 'developmentally delayed' authenticates you as a caregiver.
My brother is EMH and my mom and special needs teachers are the only people I've ever heard use the term 'developmentally delayed'.

#80 asaraa   Shepard-Commander CAGiversary!   956 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2005 - 12:03 AM

Found a mint RE3 for GC @ EB games, today. $39.99 (I payed $35 w/ EDGE card). Total luck

So keep checking Gamestops, EB Games, etc.

#81 flamingo-kid1   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   32 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

flamingo-kid1

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:31 AM

[
*bing*
Congratulations, your use of the term 'developmentally delayed' authenticates you as a caregiver.
My brother is EMH and my mom and special needs teachers are the only people I've ever heard use the term 'developmentally delayed'.[/quote]

Thanks for the answer.. it is a HUGE pet peeve of mine that people don't understand the dif beteen a menta lillness and a brain injury.

Developmentally Delayed (DD) people are regular people, just like everybody else, except with a whole different set of challenges.

For instance, it might take them ten years to mature two years' in age. But delayed means exactly THAT.. DELAYED, not STOPPED, a d they have hopes and feelings and interests just like everyone else in the world. They even covet and collect video games!!

#82 flamingo-kid1   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   32 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

flamingo-kid1

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:37 AM

BTW not to be rude OP but how does a person who can not read play a video game?[/quote]

I won't take it as rude, I am sure you're curious. There's a big dif between curious and making fun.

Robert can read , some.
Eric can't read at ALL.
Another guy can read a little bit.
They simply adapt and keep plugging away at the game until they get it to do something.

Ia m sure they can't REALLY play like you guys do.

#83 flamingo-kid1   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   32 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

flamingo-kid1

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:41 AM

Allrighty then, Ia m back from spending the day in Chicago.
We had our conference onm video game options that you guys have listed for us on this thread.

It turns out that Robert already has RE 3 on PS1.

He does NOT have RE2.

He is interested in the option ofgoing the route of the Dreamcast System, and wants me to ask you guys if Dreamcast has extra tips and puzzles that PS1 did not have.

#84 flamingo-kid1   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   32 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

flamingo-kid1

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:47 AM

Found a mint RE3 for GC @ EB games, today. $39.99 (I payed $35 w/ EDGE card). Total luck

So keep checking Gamestops, EB Games, etc.

You are SO lucky! I think, under the circumstances, we will either go back to PS1 or do Dreamcast.

You guys have been a GREAT help, and have made Robert feel really important, with all these people trying to help him!

#85 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12899 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:49 AM

If you go the Dreamcast route, don't forget the system has a bunch of other great games for it that the boys may be interested in playing. And a lot of them are dirt cheap.

#86 MaxBiaggi3   Designated Bad Guy CAGiversary!   1590 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

MaxBiaggi3

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:55 AM

Not sure why all CAG's would point to the Playstation. TSK TSK.

Much easier to find used and complete copies of the PSone versions at just about any used game shop in town vs. the Dreamcast versions. Besides, the OP said they already have one or two Playstations at the home to begin with. They'd have to purchase a Dreamcast system to go with the DC ports if they went that route.

#87 Pure Apathy   I got paid! CAGiversary!   6432 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Pure Apathy

Posted 28 February 2005 - 03:15 AM

Just get the PSX games. Much more cheaper.

#88 flamingo-kid1   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   32 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

flamingo-kid1

Posted 28 February 2005 - 03:16 AM

Not sure why all CAG's would point to the Playstation. TSK TSK.

Much easier to find used and complete copies of the PSone versions at just about any used game shop in town vs. the Dreamcast versions. Besides, the OP said they already have one or two Playstations at the home to begin with. They'd have to purchase a Dreamcast system to go with the DC ports if they went that route.

OK, you all already knwo I knwo nothing about video games, so tell me what a DC port is. Does the Dreamcast hook up the same as a Playstation?

I think they can switch back and forth with out much trouble., because they have new TVs with front jacks.. I bought them a bit before Christmas.

#89 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11280 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 28 February 2005 - 03:41 AM

OK, you all already knwo I knwo nothing about video games, so tell me what a DC port is.

A port is a nearly identical game being placed on a different console.
By "porting" a company takes the original source code they had that they used to program the first game and optimize it to work on a different hardware platform.
It's a standard practice in the industry because the majority of the cost incurred in the development process of a videogame is in the creation of the original source code. If they then make minor changes to make it work with another hardware platform, they give themselves access to an entirely different userbase.

Does the Dreamcast hook up the same as a Playstation?

Yes, it does.

I think they can switch back and forth with out much trouble., because they have new TVs with front jacks.. I bought them a bit before Christmas.
You could also just get a simple, cheap switchbox that are available at most videogame stores (around 20 dollars), which allows you to hook the switchbox up to the TV, and then hook the game systems up to the switchbox. This allows you to have 4+ game consoles always hooked up to your TV, and you can switch between the consoles by a simple press of a button on the switchbox.

#90 flamingo-kid1   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   32 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

flamingo-kid1

Posted 28 February 2005 - 03:45 AM

[You could also just get a simple, cheap switchbox that are available at most videogame stores (around 20 dollars), which allows you to hook the switchbox up to the TV, and then hook the game systems up to the switchbox. This allows you to have 4+ game consoles always hooked up to your TV, and you can switch between the consoles by a simple press of a button on the switchbox.[/quote]

OK.. Great! So I just learned something else.. switchbox it will be.