Thumbmonkey.com Giveaway - Win an Xbox 360 Rapid Fire Controller w/ Custom LEDs

thumbmonkey

CAGiversary!
The giveaway has officially ended!

The winner is....... CAG user purplehobo! Congrats! We'll get in touch with you via PM.

Thanks to everyone who entered and the support we received throughout the giveaway, and hey, guess what?! Another giveaway (with a different prize) is coming up soon. Keep an eye out.

Thanks CAGs!

Thumbmonkey

Welcome to the official thread for www.thumbmonkey.com's second-ever, CAG-exclusive giveaway! Our last one had a great response, so we're back for another round.

In case you're unfamiliar with us, here's a really quick FYI: We've been around for about 5 years and sell video games & accessories at heavily discounted prices at www.thumbmonkey.com. Our staff consists largely of gamers and we love what we do. That about covers it, right? On to it, then!

We're giving away an Xbox 360 rapid fire modded controller w/ custom (blue & orange) LEDs to a randomly selected CAG! No purchase is necessary.

Entries will be accepted until 4pm (Eastern), Monday 5/10/2010. The winner will be selected at random and announced in this post shortly after.

How to Enter:

Visit http://www.thumbmonkey.com/t-CAGContests.aspx and fill out the short form. Valid e-mail address required. You also MUST enter your CAG username in the space provided. Entering for this prize will sign you up for our bi-weekly newsletter. You won't receive more than 2 e-mails from us per month, and you can rest assured we do NOT share or sell your info. You may, of course, unsubscribe from our newsletter after the contest has ended if you prefer not to receive e-mails from us.

Prize Info:

The Xbox 360 rapid fire modded controller is white with custom blue and orange LEDs. It is "dual wield", which means that it has rapid fire functionality in both triggers. 15 modes (speeds) are available to accommodate different shooter games and can be cycled through by pushing the sync button. Full instructions for use will be included along with the prize.

Good luck and thanks for entering!

P.S.- We've got another CAG giveaway brewing, so keep an eye out for it after this one ends!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm for free stuff, contests, etc. But for a rapid fire controller? C'mon you know someone is going to go online and abuse it in gears of war 2, halo 3, mw2 and try to brag while it's not being done with skill..

[quote name='CD6405']Lol, can I enter to win this one too?[/QUOTE]

Sure! Just hope if we draw your name you don't have a bunch of angry fellow CAGs after ya. =P

[quote name='killer9']lol the uninformed spewing lies it wont get you banned quit fear mongering[/QUOTE]

How not? it's a modified controller with ill intentions. Everyone knows what a rapid fire controller can do and I see it being done in gears of war 2, halo 3 and even sometimes in call of duty mw2. Read the TOS and ask a microsoft employee and see what they tell you. Don't know what world you're in, but in reality it is like having a modded xbox 360 and saying you can't be detected and that you'll never be banned. It might not happen right away, but it will eventually.

Bottom line is : If you use it in Live and someone files a complaint against you , you may get banned for a while.

Fact remains - This is a good contest. People never heard "Dont look a gift horse in the mouth" ? You dont want to enter thats your prerogative. But if you dont have anything nice to say then ,stfu.

I'm not saying it's a terrible thing, just that you have to use it wisely.

i.e. Offline or with friends only. Using it in general matchmaking is not only moronic and WILL get you banned because people can easily notice, but it's a total dick move.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I'm for free stuff, contests, etc. But for a rapid fire controller? C'mon you know someone is going to go online and abuse it in gears of war 2, halo 3, mw2 and try to brag while it's not being done with skill..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='AlphaPanda']The last thing that needs to keep being distributed in the gaming world is rapid fire controllers.[/QUOTE]

This. Craigslist is SWARMING with the same three ads for "rapid fired" controllers and I'm sick to fucking death of them.

[quote name='killer9']lol k no you wont get banned[/QUOTE]

If you're not caught, but you'll still be a douchebag for using one. And it's worth noting that they're not produced, they're modded. Hence, cheating. Cheating leads to...*gasp* a ban.

lol no you wont get banned freaking nubs

nice itrader rating lol

walmart bestbuy and other retailers sell rapid fire controllers

[quote name='GenPirate']Thanks, I signed up. I didn't win the hamburger hat but hopefully I win this time.[/QUOTE]

Hey there,

The contest you referenced is still running on our Facebook page, so there is a chance you could still win that hat!

The controller giveaway is specifically for CAGs, so since you're a Facebook fan AND a CAG, you get the benefits from both!

Thanks for your comment. :)

Thanks for all your entries and some of the great feedback we've received via the "anything else you want to tell us?" field! We really appreciate it.

Keep 'em coming. The giveaway is still on through next Monday.

You're welcome, guys! We're really glad to see the CAG community is enjoying our giveaways.

Note to those just checking this thread out:
We really appreciate your entry, but if this particular giveaway isn't for you, keep in mind we've got another one in the works, and the more entries & positive feedback we get, the more likely you are to see even more in the future.

Thanks! =)

[quote name='lolwut?']Is something wrong with the link in the OP? I keep getting a "IE can't display this page" error.[/QUOTE]

Hm, everything appears to be fine on our end. Strange. If we hear from more people letting us know it's not working we'll have to delve into it deeper.

In the mean time, if you want to send us a PM with your name & e-mail address we can go ahead and add you manually.

Sorry about that!

P.S.- Have you tried http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ ?

We're AFK (AKA not at the office) until Monday, but keep those entries flowin'.

You have until Monday 4pm Eastern to hop on the bandwagon, so what're you waiting for?

Thanks, all!

bread's done
Back