Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love Premium Pak (PS2) - $25.04 shipped (used/in stock)

yarkitty123

CAGiversary!
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but the game is currently out of stock - new - on both GS and Amazon.

It's currently $45.99 (used) on Amazon, and if you use that CAG16 code on GS.com it will bring the current $27.99 price down to $25.04; which is just enough for free shipping. Though, bear in mind, it may just end up missing something since it clearly states:

"This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work and may not include an instruction manual or original box."

Either way, the game just came out so I'm sure a good number still at least have the original case (and possible extras), and at this price you really can't go wrong since it will probably only get more expensive.

[quote name='yarkitty123']I'm sure this has been brought up before, but the game is currently out of stock - new - on both GS and Amazon.

It's currently $45.99 (used) on Amazon, and if you use that CAG16 code on GS.com it will bring the current $27.99 price down to $25.04; which is just enough for free shipping. Though, bear in mind, it may just end up missing something since it clearly states:

"This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work and may not include an instruction manual or original box."

Either way, the game just came out so I'm sure a good number still at least have the original case (and possible extras), and at this price you really can't go wrong since it will probably only get more expensive.[/QUOTE]

There is a really good chance that you'll get a copy without the Premium bonuses; a GameStop employee told me that they trade them in without them for the same value. I wouldn't do it.

Yeah, I ordered a copy last week and it came with just the 2 discs in sleeves in a generic GS case even though the discs themselves looked brand new. So either someone bought it for the bonuses and traded the discs back in or GS figured it was cheaper to ship it without them and just pulled the discs and shipped those. I'm pretty much done ordering stuff gamestop.com as I've had bad luck with them as of late.

I never got a chance to try this, but others are welcome to try if they're up to it:

The assumption that nobody is getting the premium bonuses is because it would cost GS more to ship everything, right? So logically speaking, if you order something else that requires a bigger package to begin with, you should get a shot at the bonuses, too. When I ordered a PSP game with some drumsticks (planning to return them so I could qualify for free shipping) they both came in a gigantic package about the length of my arm. If I had the money, I would order SW:SLML and a pair of drumsticks, but I just don't have the money now. I would love for someone to try it and be successful, though, if anyone is daring enough. :p

[quote name='craig.courtney']Is this any good, I can get it for $10 at my base navy exchange new and with collector items im pretty sure[/quote]

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/sakurawarssolongmylove
http://ps2.ign.com/objects/486/486577.html

(From what I've read, the Wii version is more-or-less the same; sans the "special edition" stuff).

Also, yeah, GS is likely to not include the bonus stuff or any actual case (as the first-hand experience from a few poster's implies), but even so, I think it's still kind of worth it if you really want to play the game. I guess I'll have to bump this thread as soon as the game arrives just for

Shits

and

Giggles

All right, well, the game came and while I didn't get the special edition box, artbook, poster, or manual, I did get the actual game case and not just a generic one.

I guess I'm just lucky, so thank God (and/or CheapyD) since I really hate those cheap default black cases.

[quote name='yarkitty123']All right, well, the game came and while I didn't get the special edition box, artbook, poster, or manual, I did get the actual game case and not just a generic one.

I guess I'm just lucky, so thank God (and/or CheapyD) since I really hate those cheap default black cases.[/QUOTE]
Make sure you have two discs in the case: 1 with English voice-over and the other with Japanese voice-over.

i got a game case and the 2 discs the first go at it, so i gave it back to a gamestop store. I reordered another one with the 25% off to see if i can get the game case and a manual.

[quote name='craig.courtney']Is this any good, I can get it for $10 at my base navy exchange new and with collector items im pretty sure.[/QUOTE]

Mail me a copy :D

SOB AMAZON had this IN STOCK NEW from a 3rd party seller... for 23.99

Got all the way to the end and it goes

ITEM IS SOLD OUT

BLAH

Ugh, mine came as a generic case with nothing else and the discs were a little scuffed. Looks like this game is going back to GS and I'll pick it up later when it drops in price.

bread's done
Back