Used games from Gamestop.com suck.

Unaki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
They are usually in good condition but I just don't understand why they have to send you the case with the dang disc in a sleeve with the manual instead of inserting the disc into the correct spot inside the case. I just got warhawk used and it was like that. I remember getting a Xenosaga game forever ago and it was also like that. I dont want that sleeve >:[

You're right! We should all vote with our wallets, and stop buying them. Also, since Gamestop is a sponsor of this website, you should punish them by never coming back.

That'll show 'em.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']gamestop sucks thread number 57821[/QUOTE]

Whats the ratio of those posted in the right section vs those that werent?

[quote name='Unaki']They are usually in good condition but I just don't understand why they have to send you the case with the dang disc in a sleeve with the manual instead of inserting the disc into the correct spot inside the case. I just got warhawk used and it was like that. I remember getting a Xenosaga game forever ago and it was also like that. I dont want that sleeve >:[[/QUOTE]

Wait, so you're mad because they're inserting an extra sleeve in the case? I don't see how that's a bad thing. Sometimes games get knocked out of the spindle during shipping and get scratched. To avoid this Gamestop inserts them into the sleeve and then puts that into the case. Just discard those sleeves if you don't like them. Problem solved.

[quote name='Unaki'] I dont want that sleeve >:[[/QUOTE]

1.) Pick up sleeve.
2.) Walk to garbage.
3.) Insert sleeve into garbage.
4.) Find something more important to piss and moan about.

[quote name='Rozz']Wait, so you're mad because they're inserting an extra sleeve in the case? I don't see how that's a bad thing. Sometimes games get knocked out of the spindle during shipping and get scratched. To avoid this Gamestop inserts them into the sleeve and then puts that into the case. Just discard those sleeves if you don't like them. Problem solved.[/QUOTE]

This needs to be reposted. Especially since the OP would bitch about Gamestop sucking if the disc fell off the spindle and got scratched.

LOL

For a second I thought this thread was going to be about the 'newsed' games or the employees "renting" said games or any of the multitude of other usual Gamestop complaint thread topics.

But for fuck's sake, even I agree with crunchb3rry.

Get up off your ass, walk over to the garbage, toss the sleeve in. Problem solved.

This coming from one of the biggest critics of Rapestop.

[quote name='ninja dog']I hear they open new games and sell them as used.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they do. Which means it's now your chance to follow up with a sarcastic "That's outrageous!" that you've done countless times. Let the hilarity ensue.

[quote name='Unaki']They are usually in good condition but I just don't understand why they have to send you the case with the dang disc in a sleeve with the manual instead of inserting the disc into the correct spot inside the case. I just got warhawk used and it was like that. I remember getting a Xenosaga game forever ago and it was also like that. I dont want that sleeve >:[[/QUOTE]

Call me absolutely nuts, but I bet it's so it doesn't come off the spindle and get scratched in the mail. Seriously? We've run out of reasons to hate Gamestop so now we're complaining now about them protecting your game? For fuck's sake.

[quote name='salty tbone']Yes, they do. Which means it's now your chance to follow up with a sarcastic "That's outrageous!" that you've done countless times. Let the hilarity ensue.[/QUOTE]

I am very happy that they do that because I would not want their games to get stolen.

I am done buying used games from their website. When they had B1G1 free on used games a few weeks ago every game I got was in horrible condition. I avoided disc games because of past orders where all were scratched badly so I only ordered DS and PSP games. Some of the DS games didn't work, others had stained labels. All of the PSP games were not in the original UMD case (the actual case the disc is in) and also were scratched.

I remember reading that all the used games sold on their site are from their refurbishment center that defective in store games get sent to, and based on my orders I can believe it.

[quote name='Rozz']Wait, so you're mad because they're inserting an extra sleeve in the case? I don't see how that's a bad thing. Sometimes games get knocked out of the spindle during shipping and get scratched. To avoid this Gamestop inserts them into the sleeve and then puts that into the case. Just discard those sleeves if you don't like them. Problem solved.[/QUOTE]

This needs to be reposted...again. Of all the dumb crap GS does that you could complain about, I definitely don't see the problem here. The real issue with GS.com is that almost all of the used games they ship out are rejects from their stores. Fortunately, as another poster mentioned, you can just do a return or exchange in store, so if there is a good deal online, I don't hesitate to buy. I have two stores less than 5 minutes from my house.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']This needs to be reposted...again. Of all the dumb crap GS does that you could complain about, I definitely don't see the problem here. The real issue with GS.com is that almost all of the used games they ship out are rejects from their stores. Fortunately, as another poster mentioned, you can just do a return or exchange in store, so if there is a good deal online, I don't hesitate to buy. I have two stores less than 5 minutes from my house.[/QUOTE]

My understanding from customer service (I ordered the wrong version of a game because the label looked like a 360 label at the time, oops!) is that it is not a company wide policy but rather managements discretion. Either way, the store I went to had no issue, and the 360 version was $5 cheaper!!!

Seriously though, what a stupid post. Lazy bastard probably buys used games to keep from having to open the sleeve in the first place. No wonder taking it out of the sleeve keeping it from getting loose is too much work.

:boxing:

[quote name='Survivalism']Call me absolutely nuts, but I bet it's so it doesn't come off the spindle and get scratched in the mail. Seriously? We've run out of reasons to hate Gamestop so now we're complaining now about them protecting your game? For fuck's sake.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to post the same thing. I love having the sleeve protection during shipping.

[quote name='JNKryo']I look at it as a bonus "Free CD/DVD sleeve with every purchase!" type of thing.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I put all of my "burnt things" in the nice yellow sleeve.

[quote name='AJRogers']I was just about to post the same thing. I love having the sleeve protection during shipping.
[/QUOTE]

Except that they never close the sleeve so the disc still partially slides in and out of the sleeve. Granted, that's probably safer than the cheap replacement cases they use though.

[quote name='Survivalism']Call me absolutely nuts, but I bet it's so it doesn't come off the spindle and get scratched in the mail. Seriously? We've run out of reasons to hate Gamestop so now we're complaining now about them protecting your game? For fuck's sake.[/QUOTE]

we never RUN out of reasons to hate GameStop, they havent done anything better then what we complain about

does your NEW game have stickers on it and little kids finger smudges? YES

are the 48 hour Xbox Live or Club Nintendo codes gone? YES

is your NEW game not NEW? YES

does Wal-Mart sometimes release games a day before GameStop when GameStop claims its only the shipping day not the release day? YES

was the only entertaining part of this persons thread the fact that I got to type something? YES

haha

bread's done
Back