Will females have a better chance of getting hired...

nicoleee

CAG Veteran
...at Gamestop? I was thinking about applying there this weekend, since one of my friends knows the manager. Would the manager consider hiring female workers to attract customers?:roll:

Probably, but im not a doctor sooo I don't know all the answers.

well unless he's an asshole and thinks "oh she's a girl she doesn't know as much about video games as a guy would."

[quote name='VertigoMotel']well unless he's an asshole and thinks "oh she's a girl she doesn't know as much about video games as a guy would."[/QUOTE]

From my experiences at Gamestop, video game knowledge isn't a requirement. More than 60% of the employees I've come across barely know the differences between the three major consoles.

Depends on the manager. Some will think "hey, an attractive girl who knows about video games? She could fit perfectly here!" Other managers will think "I don't think the customers will trust the word of a girl over a guy, so she's out."

[quote name='RchrdJ']From my experiences at Gamestop, video game knowledge isn't a requirement. More than 60% of the employees I've come across barely know the differences between the three major consoles.[/QUOTE]

oh lol, well the gamestop near my house the guys know thier gaming counsels and games very well.

[quote name='RchrdJ']From my experiences at Gamestop, video game knowledge isn't a requirement. More than 60% of the employees I've come across barely know the differences between the three major consoles.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I know about a lot about video games, but it's all about selling the product. General knowledge of video game is a sufficient enough requirement in my opinion.

[quote name='Chronis']Depends on the manager. Some will think "hey, an attractive girl who knows about video games? She could fit perfectly here!" Other managers will think "I don't think the customers will trust the word of a girl over a guy, so she's out."[/QUOTE]

No one said anything about an ATTRACTIVE girl
lol
ok im not doubting miss nicole's looks but not every girl is pretty out there.

what would the manager say to an ugly girl who wants the job?

[quote name='VertigoMotel']No one said anything about an ATTRACTIVE girl
lol
ok im not doubting miss nicole's looks but not every girl is pretty out there.

what would the manager say to an ugly girl who wants the job?[/QUOTE]

"She must know A LOT about games!" :)

Dye your hair blue and get a lip ring. Then you'll get the job. Gamestop hires more weirdos than Hot Topic. But you'll never be a manager. You have to be a cleancut arrogant doughboy to go that far up the ladder.

only if you wear low cut tops and short skirts then youre in. there are chicks that work at gamestop just be prepared to have random customer get attached to you and then cause you to lose your job because of it.

...Im dying my hair blue/purple and getting my eyebrow and belly button pierced.....what are you saying? you calling me weird boi????

I managed a Gamestop many years ago. Especially during holiday season....one at the counter/register and one on the floor. But they were both gamers. Know your stuff and you're fine....unless your work ethic sucks.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Dye your hair blue and get a lip ring. Then you'll get the job. Gamestop hires more weirdos than Hot Topic.[/QUOTE]

Lol, this is 100% correct.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I managed a Gamestop many years ago. Especially during holiday season....one at the counter/register and one on the floor. But they were both gamers. Know your stuff and you're fine....unless your work ethic sucks.[/QUOTE]

Alright. Thank you.

[quote name='lokizz']just be prepared to have random customer get attached to you and then cause you to lose your job because of it.[/QUOTE]
This.

[quote name='VertigoMotel']...Im dying my hair blue/purple and getting my eyebrow and belly button pierced.....what are you saying? you calling me weird boi????[/QUOTE]

If the designer combat boot fits...

[quote name='crunchb3rry']If the designer combat boot fits...[/QUOTE]

There called platform boots, and they were 160$!

[quote name='Chronis']I just wanna know if that's really Kevin playing drums in that video.[/QUOTE]

When they premiered the video on AOTS, he said how cool it was to play with those guys. Nobody ripped on him so it seemed like he was really playing.

Im guessing they will hire anyone thats female since the store managers arent exactly real management material, they act like as big of a horses ass as the normal employees.

Every woman Ive run into at lamestop do not stay there long, usually dont know alot about games and arent very polite.

Wow, that was awesome. I read the title and was thinking in my head, "yea at Gamestop" then I clicked through. That's basically their #1 requirement; 1. Do you have titties? 2. Do you know nothing about games - thus not being able to formulate your own opinions so we can control what you try and sell?. If both yes, welcome aboard!

My friends gf went in to apply at Gamestop a while back and as she was handing them her application her top fell down and her boob popped out. She got the job but she didnt take it out of embarrassment. I couldn't believe it was her haha.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Kevin does play the drums.
[/QUOTE]
I love the look on the drummers face like, "Shit... Rock Band can teach you that well? Well, I'm fucked."

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Wow, that was awesome. I read the title and was thinking in my head, "yea at Gamestop" then I clicked through. That's basically their #1 requirement; 1. Do you have titties? 2. Do you know nothing about games - thus not being able to formulate your own opinions so we can control what you try and sell?. If both yes, welcome aboard!

My friends gf went in to apply at Gamestop a while back and as she was handing them her application her top fell down and her boob popped out. She got the job but she didnt take it out of embarrassment. I couldn't believe it was her haha.

I love the look on the drummers face like, "Shit... Rock Band can teach you that well? Well, I'm fucked."[/QUOTE]

That's hilarious! :lol:

I worked at Gamestop for 6 months back when I was in college. It was okay, some of the customers can be a bit much. There was this short, early-thirties, bearded, white guy who wore a cape and sandals who used to come in and talk about Metroid for hours! Yes, hours!

a whole thread and no pics????

da fuck is going on here?!?!?!

....when i HAVE to go to gamestop (i rather order all my games online for cheapness) i seemingly always see a female in there. sometimes good looking...other times eh at best. so i'm sure the two locations in my town don't discriminate.

and male or female....it always seems like 1 person knows the deal and everyone else couldn't tell you a damn thing.

so while you probably don't live in my town, i'd hope that if you get hired there, that you KNOW at least a bit about gaming. that's like when i used to work at a store that i didn't know shit about. it frustrated me and it frustrated the customers.

nevermind...looks young judging off that photo alone

no pedo bear here!

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']The real question is why would you want to work there and deal with mouth breathers all day?[/QUOTE]

Damn I was going to post this.

You'll get hired for sure if you ask them to stick it in your po....that's probably not appropriate for the situation right?

I will go with the next best answer: book

I don't see why you shouldn't apply, especially if you're nice person to be around. A downside may be that your coworkers could spend too much time trying to make you happy instead of the customers. But that's their problem, not yours. I don't often go to the shops in my area but when I do, the guys are usually polite. Maybe my wife brings the attention.;)

Good luck.

My girth is tingling with excitement.

I will call you up on the phone because I am unable to move too much on account of my girth, maybe you will come to visit me?!?!

Gamestop is just like "The Geek Squad". A few years ago they had internal documents that leaked out on the web. They had "a worker should have 40% knowledge and 60% sales ability". Thats what I find at most Gamestops. I have noticed throughout the years the people who know the most do not stay for long. The people who sell do.

[quote name='nicoleee']...at Gamestop? I was thinking about applying there this weekend, since one of my friends knows the manager. Would the manager consider hiring female workers to attract customers?:roll:[/QUOTE]
As a former manager of Gamestop I can tell you with much confidence, YES. But there is a catch, they will only hire females who are attractive unless the manager is a female. I've seen and worked with many women who had no clue when it came to video games, but they were hot and they sold a lot.

So basically if you are an attractive female and you walk into a Gamestop and ask for an application and turn it in, expect a phone call within the week if the store is actually hiring. Also expect to be poorly trained (if at all), get awful hours, close to minimum wage pay, and you will be hit on by every nerd that comes into the store.

Gamestop has gotten progressively worse as a company ever since the merger. A lot of shady activity goes on in the company and they have one of the highest turn over rates in the U.S. for employment. I worked there for 5 years and saw my staff change 4 times, district mangers change 2 times, and three different store managers. As well as a couple of managers in training that left before they got moved up (probably because they were being trained for the better part of a year!).

The company is ass backwards in almost everything they do, outside of ripping customers off on a daily basis and making sure customers continue to shop and trade in there.

The discount there is merely alright and isn't great, you get 15% off new games and 25% off used (you need an EDGE card for that extra 10%). The discount does not apply towards NEW consoles.

Of course that is only my experience working in the Indiana area Gamestop stores, but from what I have heard other employees tell me and read about online, my district wasn't the only awful one.

[quote name='Packerfan10']Gamestop is just like "The Geek Squad". A few years ago they had internal documents that leaked out on the web. They had "a worker should have 40% knowledge and 60% sales ability". Thats what I find at most Gamestops. I have noticed throughout the years the people who know the most do not stay for long. The people who sell do.[/quote]
This is true, they will find a way to fire someone with video game knowledge. I am vastly knowledgeable about video games and I could sell like crazy and they got rid of me, same with a couple of my friends I used to work with. I've always thought the store manager looked at me as a threat to his job because I out sold him on a weekly basis for 3 years and was vocal about wanting to move up from assistant to store manager.

Oh btw, Gamestop has the policy. You can have 0% knowledge of the product they sell and a little sales experience or a cute face and a nice rack. Either way it's a hard sell when the only controller you know how to use looks like a toy guitar.

[quote name='2DMention']OP, if you apply you'll probably get hired. You're pretty attractive.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. You should apply at the Gamestop near me. I doubt any of the guys that work there have ever talked to a girl.

I've only seen two girls that were GameStop employees in my life.

1. She was this super hot Latina chick who was very well endowed and didn't mind showing off the goods. It was even hotter when she talked about putting 90+ hours into Fallout 3. She works at this GameStop about 15-20 miles from where I live. I don't like going there much because it's the "ghetto" and I'm always being hit up for money by the GameStop door man--a bum I like to call Crazy GameStop Hobo.

2. Some dungeon and dragon's nerdling girl with a bowl cut and a well endowed upper lip (of hair). She constantly asks me to pre-order every game she can think of whenever I decide to stop by during a B2G1 or with a coupon in hand. Unfortunately, she works at the GameStop closest to me and she's been there 9/10 times I've went. It's pretty horrible.

bread's done
Back