Bionic Commando $9.98 - new $8.99 used

[quote name='acsguitar']Not worth it[/QUOTE]

100% disagree. During last years Game Day sale this was $20 and I picked it up. I knew going into it that it wasn't going to be as good as BCR or anything. It is an enjoyable game and that for $6 or so is a great deal.

I thought this game was really good. Underrated. Maybe because I didn't grow up with the original BC, but this was good.

[quote name='IzzyF3']I thought this game was really good. Underrated. Maybe because I didn't grow up with the original BC, but this was good.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Saix_XIII']100% disagree. During last years Game Day sale this was $20 and I picked it up. I knew going into it that it wasn't going to be as good as BCR or anything. It is an enjoyable game and that for $6 or so is a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Agree with both of these, I liked the game a lot. Once you get the hang of it swinging was really fun. Plus, I enjoyed playing a game that wasn't a complete cakewalk.

I really, really enjoyed it for what it was. I got it for $30 after release, played through it, and then took it back, but I really enjoyed it.

Hated it, but it was worth the $8.99 new / shipped I got it from newegg for. On X360 make sure you install to HDD. On PS3... well I hope you enjoy load screens - because that's 3/4 of the game.

[quote name='Izod517']Hated it, but it was worth the $8.99 new / shipped I got it from newegg for. On X360 make sure you install to HDD. On PS3... well I hope you enjoy load screens - because that's 3/4 of the game.[/QUOTE]

I enjoy when people blow things way out of proportion. It's been over a year since I beat the game and I am sure there are loading times but it is in no way close to 75% of the game. I have no idea what % it really is, but if I had to guess MAYBE it's 10% or so. I suppose if you suck at the game and die a lot you'll see a lot of loading screens but that's not the fault of anyone but the person playing the game.

I too bought it at $20 after launch. Thought it was ok, but sold it for profit. Purchased it 2 times now on newegg when it was like $7-8 shipped, but both times used it as trade fodder here on CAG before I even opened it.

Now that it has dropped in price permanently, I'll wait for my backlog to decrease and pick it up. It's a fun game for

Bought it a few months back and I enjoyed it alot more then i thought. Only complaint in the game is just the overly macho voice acting and WTF story, but other then that, the gameplay is alot of fun.

I enjoyed this game more than I thought I would. My only advice is not to bother with trying to find all the collectibles on your first playthrough. I tried to do it at first, but found it too frustrating. Once I gave up on that, I had a lot of fun swinging around.

And yeah, the story gets pretty bizarre at the end.

[quote name='IzzyF3']I thought this game was really good. Underrated. Maybe because I didn't grow up with the original BC, but this was good.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dysheekie']I paid 20 for it and I thought the game was really good actually[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I loved it. One of the handful of games from last year I'm keeping in my collection.

I *DID* grow up with Bionic Commando, and play through it again every few years, and I loved this, different as it is. I actually like this a lot more than the Rearmed remake, although I think that's okay. For me it goes Bionic Commando (NES) > Bionic Commando (Current gen) > Bionic Commando: Rearmed > Bionic Commando (GBC) > Bionic Commando (Arcade)

[quote name='bardockkun']Bought it a few months back and I enjoyed it alot more then i thought. Only complaint in the game is just the overly macho voice acting and WTF story, but other then that, the gameplay is alot of fun.[/QUOTE]

For me those were positive :whistle2:D I love Nathan and the other larger than life characters. And remember, this is the sequel to a game where you kill a resurrected Hitler :lol:

[quote name='Wolfpup']Personally I hated the first Lost Planet, but loved Bionic Commando.[/QUOTE]
I Wouldn't say hate, but I couldn't get into Lost Planet. I'll try again eventually, though Bionic Commando was ALOT of fun. Hell, I had more fun with this game then InFamous. I Never understood why it got the reviews it got.

The Giant Bomb guys made it sound like fun on their podcast at least :)

Yeah, maybe hate is too strong a word for Lost Planet. I kind of enjoyed it at first, but got stuck somewhere. Bionic Commando was weird though in that the first few hours I didn't really like it and was pretty critical, and then at some point something "clicked" and I loved it to the point where I kept it. Doesn't happen like that too often for me I don't think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get me wrong, the allusion to Lost Planet wasn't really a compliment. LP was barely worth $10 to me, that's why I figure BC is worth just that. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised...the gametrailers rating was actually pretty high, 7.5 I believe so I could do a lot worse.

Bionic Commando more then anything once you get the swing mechanic down it just feels right. Like before then you realize a learning curve to getting use to the arm and the rather limited ammo, but once you get the swinging down and get upgrades the game just feel's right. Though I just wish you got all those moves early on is all, but still I had fun with it and it never gets tiresome using enemies as kites to shoot down.

[quote name='tmly']Don't get me wrong, the allusion to Lost Planet wasn't really a compliment. LP was barely worth $10 to me, that's why I figure BC is worth just that. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised...the gametrailers rating was actually pretty high, 7.5 I believe so I could do a lot worse.[/QUOTE]

Oh, okay, I was kind of taking it the reverse of that, that you liked Lost Planet and so thought you might like Bionic Commando. Well, don't worry about that then, because they're no more alike than say Lost Planet and Gears of War or something. Just give Bionic Commando a few hours. Actually come to think of it, it seems like a whole lot of us on here like it!

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I enjoy when people blow things way out of proportion. It's been over a year since I beat the game and I am sure there are loading times but it is in no way close to 75% of the game. I have no idea what % it really is, but if I had to guess MAYBE it's 10% or so. I suppose if you suck at the game and die a lot you'll see a lot of loading screens but that's not the fault of anyone but the person playing the game.[/QUOTE]

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hyperbole

Derp

[quote name='mikejenks']http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hyperbole

Derp[/QUOTE]

I own a 360 and a PS3 and I just dislike when people skew the facts in the hopes of making one console look bad. If the information was accurate then I would be fine with it being posted, just like how when Bayonetta came out it was a horrible version on the PS3 till a patch came out that didn't fix the problems totally, but alleviated most of 'em.

That being said this is the internet and nothing should be taken seriously, but at the same time it's not easy to tell one someone is being honest, joking, or what-have-you.

bread's done
Back