Empire: Total War (PC) $17.99 - Amazon DotD

Amazon reviews are pretty fascinating; if they aren't ripping the bugs, they are ripping Steam. I had no idea so many PC gamers didn't know what Steam was.

Steam has great features, but Valve needs to fix its sluggish behaviors here and their as well as bugs.
I know their studio is relatively small, but how Steam has grown over the past years and I think it deserves more and better engineers.

As for the game, I think now it's at a reasonable price. It's cheaper than Steam and hey, you get a cool box!

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Amazon reviews are pretty fascinating; if they aren't ripping the bugs, they are ripping Steam. I had no idea so many PC gamers didn't know what Steam was.[/QUOTE]

You'd be surprised. Over at Gamespot, the comments under the story where they announced Civ5 would use steamworks are full of people like that.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Steam has great features, but Valve needs to fix its sluggish behaviors here and their as well as bugs.
I know their studio is relatively small, but how Steam has grown over the past years and I think it deserves more and better engineers.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had any majorly noticeable bugs or sluggish behavior when using Steam. The only sluggish behavior I can think of is when starting a new game for the first time. Why the hell do I have to install DirectX AGAIN? Other than that, it's worked very well for me.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']
I haven't had any majorly noticeable bugs or sluggish behavior when using Steam. The only sluggish behavior I can think of is when starting a new game for the first time. Why the hell do I have to install DirectX AGAIN? Other than that, it's worked very well for me.[/QUOTE]

Mine works perfectly fine too, but I see a lot of my friends having trouble with bugs here and there. I personally looked through those problems and found out they are from Steam.

Being 3 years, they still haven't implement Unicode support in chat on the Steam overlay when running games. I use English so it's not a problem but I got a lot of friends outside the US and they can't use their own languages in chat.
That's just one of few or even many that I might not know of.

Still great platform!

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Steam has great features, but Valve needs to fix its sluggish behaviors here and their as well as bugs.
I know their studio is relatively small, but how Steam has grown over the past years and I think it deserves more and better engineers.

As for the game, I think now it's at a reasonable price. It's cheaper than Steam and hey, you get a cool box![/QUOTE]
I'm a Steam fanboy and I actually have to agree that as long as people are forced to use Steam for certain games, the platform has to be more stable. It's part of some big, commercial games now and there's already complaints about the DRM because it's DRM. I don't think it works poorly, but it definitely has its problems and I think they might be focusing on the wrong things with this new UI update.

bread's done
Back