GOG Weekend Deal - Creatures series 50% off / Constructor series 30%

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

Through Monday, May 10 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, GOG and publisher Kalypso are offering up sales on their Sim games. Games in the Life Simulator series, Creatures, are 50% off. The small-scale city management (and sometimes nefarious dealings) of the Constructor series can be yours with a 30% discount.

[Orders should be made from the promo page.]

Creatures: The Albian Years $4.99 (50% off) [includes Creatures 1, Creatures 2 , their official Life Kits and Object Packs]
Creatures: Exodus $4.99 (50% off) [includes Creatures 3 and Docking Station with some additional content/fixes]
Creatures Village $4.99 (50% off) [includes merged versions of Creatures Adventures & Creatures Playground]
Constructor $4.19 (30% off)
Mob Rule $4.19 (30% off)

Mobygames:
Creatures (75)
Creatures 2 (76)
Creatures 3 (75)
Constructor (87)
Mob Rule (76)

Demos:
Mob Rule
Constructor
Creatures: Docking Station (Free download)

If you want to dive into the Creatures universe be sure to visit:
GOG sticky (Mods/tutorials/breeds/etc.)
Creatures Wiki

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the Creatures games stand alone? Does it matter if you don't play all of them? I had the original, but have no idea what the differences are between those three (two were even released the same year).

Not sure about the other two games, though they look kind of interesting from their description pages.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Are the Creatures games stand alone? Does it matter if you don't play all of them?[/QUOTE]

Creatures 1, 2, and 3 are each stand-alone games. Docking Station is a free, stand-alone world that is relatively small but can be "docked" with the Creatures 3 ship, increasing 3's gameworld. Village is two children's games focused on puzzles/exploration rather than life-sim, and with family-friendly features (multiple profiles, time restrictions, etc.)

If you only picked one to play, I would recommend Exodus. It is more polished and has an active community creating content.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I had the original, but have no idea what the differences are between those three (two were even released the same year).[/QUOTE]

Those release date's are for the recompilations. The original release years for 1,2,3 were 1996,1998,1999.

[quote name='cheapo72']Creatures 1, 2, and 3 are each stand-alone games. Docking Station is a free, stand-alone world that is relatively small but can be "docked" with the Creatures 3 ship, increasing 3's gameworld. Village is two children's games focused on puzzles/exploration rather than life-sim, and with family-friendly features (multiple profiles, time restrictions, etc.)

If you only picked one to play, I would recommend Exodus. It is more polished and has an active community creating content.

Those release date's are for the recompilations. The original release years for 1,2,3 were 1996,1998,1999.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the breakdown.
Any reason not to grab all three?

Hee hee, I bought the first one, created my Creature (Alex), and then was too scared to play with him. It's like, oh no, there's this cute little few hundred neuron virtual being, I don't want him hurt! :whistle2:D

[quote name='vikingvessel']Thanks for the breakdown.
Any reason not to grab all three?[/QUOTE]
Seconded on the question. I'm curious about this as well.

[quote name='choral_music']Seconded on the question. I'm curious about this as well.[/QUOTE]

Any reason not to get all three (creatures 1,2,3)? IMO, all three have interesting content and locations and it is worth 'working up' to 3.

Any reason not to get all three (Albion,Exodus,Village)? Village is for children and contains little of the biochemical-genetic-AI sim of the others.

(Sorry I couldn't post until the sale is almost over).

bread's done
Back