- - - - -

$10-$20 coupon codes on select pre-orders

#31 kevgret   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1145 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:34 AM

Guessing its a case by case thing. I received a code the other day hours before my order shipped and I even debated canceling. Sadly, I wanted the game and by then the $10 credit bonus was over so seemed pointless.

I'm in the same boat as you though. Pre-ordered a good handful of games with 25OFF and not sure if I'll have any codes coming but I'll drop them a line tomorrow and see what the deal is. What games did you pre-order by chance so maybe we can connect up some dots on why they sent you only 3?

I preordered the following games:

Alan Wake Limited edition
Crackdown 2
Prince of Persia
Singularity
Red Dead Redemption

Good luck with your email. Hopefully you will get some codes..

Kevin

#32 supaet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:15 AM

I would rather email them after the orders ships to ask for the $10 coupon for my alan wake CE.

at this point, they can tell me to cancel the order and reorder now to get the $10 coupon but I will lose the 25off.

#33 NightCat   Backtoad_Overload CAGiversary!   3562 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:16 AM

This is weird halo reach legendary said $5 almost for extra handling with a coupon that did not work at the end. I was just messing around seeing if they goofed and allowed that to be used. Anyways i redid the order with F2D and then it doubled the handling fee with the other coupon that did not work. I am like uhhhh and decided to say forget this. I never did get my previous credit from a preorder deal..

$149.99 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Handling: $14.98 Posted Image Posted Image Includes Special Handling Fee Posted Image Posted Image F2D - Free 2-Day Shipping on all pre-order titles. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles. Expires 5/31/2010 11:59PM
- $9.99 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Estimated Tax: $13.56 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Order Total: $168.54

I think newegg is the best way to go since i pay 1-2 bucks more without tax on them. The $20 credit would of made this $148.54 anyways so $150 total shipped on newegg is way better for my tastes. This is why i always do not buy from GS then the random goofs they do does not help.

#34 MasterWolf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   193 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

MasterWolf

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:00 PM

This is weird halo reach legendary said $5 almost for extra handling with a coupon that did not work at the end. I was just messing around seeing if they goofed and allowed that to be used. Anyways i redid the order with F2D and then it doubled the handling fee with the other coupon that did not work. I am like uhhhh and decided to say forget this. I never did get my previous credit from a preorder deal..

$149.99 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Handling: $14.98 Posted Image Posted Image Includes Special Handling Fee Posted Image Posted Image F2D - Free 2-Day Shipping on all pre-order titles. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles. Expires 5/31/2010 11:59PM
- $9.99 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Estimated Tax: $13.56 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Order Total: $168.54

I think newegg is the best way to go since i pay 1-2 bucks more without tax on them. The $20 credit would of made this $148.54 anyways so $150 total shipped on newegg is way better for my tastes. This is why i always do not buy from GS then the random goofs they do does not help.

I pre-ordered when it came out on gamestop, I did the free shipping option, eventhough it would take like a week to ship. But I never saw any special fee.

#35 musicjunkie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   891 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

musicjunkie

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:23 AM

I preordered the following games:

Alan Wake Limited edition
Crackdown 2
Prince of Persia
Singularity
Red Dead Redemption

Good luck with your email. Hopefully you will get some codes..

Kevin

Well 3 of those are being released next Tuesday so would explain the number of codes they sent. I have pre-ordered Alan Wake and Red Dead and haven't been charged so I'm curious if maybe your order with those pre-orders have been locked or anything. If not you could make out with some free codes but then again getting those games for ~$48 a pop after tax is a steal to begin with.

I e-mailed them today and will update with my findings tomorrow.

#36 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2215 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:47 AM

I got an email back from them simply stating the codes would be sent after the games are shipped.

#37 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2398 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:54 AM

I pre-ordered Reach and Wake with the 25% off coupon. Wonder if I can get these coupons added.. thanks :)

nihilence.png

#38 tekzor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:08 AM

preordered SMG2 at the store.
$20 coupon online???
well wtf

#39 musicjunkie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   891 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

musicjunkie

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:06 AM

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

Any codes offers included with the pre-order of a specific title will be issued 24 hours after the order is shipped. Please note that offers such as this may be guaranteed for orders placed prior to the offer being made. As such we cannot guarantee that your orders will be eligible for this offer.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

Best regards,

Eh whatever. Joke's on them since I took full advantage of 10AUTO and 25OFF stacking plenty of times.

#40 NightCat   Backtoad_Overload CAGiversary!   3562 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:07 AM

I pre-ordered when it came out on gamestop, I did the free shipping option, eventhough it would take like a week to ship. But I never saw any special fee.

That is weird then. The handling fee of $15 was a slap in the face when i was going to order it. It is odd it doubled or tripled when i added the new code F2D.

#41 James1221   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   436 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:19 AM

yeah i used 25off on alan wake limited ediition and deathsmiles. i hope i get the 10 dollar credit even though i preorderd weeks ago.

#42 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:26 AM

I just ordered Red Dead Redemption via Gamestop's website. Now I just have to cancel out of the pre-order I made in store and switch it over to Transformers: War For Cybertron for next month.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#43 emeraldgsl   Beginning of the End CAGiversary!   1651 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:19 AM

I emailed them about my Alan Wake LE and they sent me a complimentary $10 off code. Hopefully they have some automated system thta sends me another when the game ships. I pre ordered way back with the $20 off $80 promo.
Posted Image

#44 steveinneed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

steveinneed

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:00 PM

i got them match the red dead redemption $20 credit from amazon.

I just did too. Sweet.

#45 jgiovanni  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

Did you guys send gamestop an email to match the $20 for red dead.

If so, can you possibly post what it said.

Thanks

jgiovanni.png

1060050.png

Please check out DCUVHD.com for all UV/ITunes movie trading needs!

#46 steveinneed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

steveinneed

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:26 PM

Did you guys send gamestop an email to match the $20 for red dead.

If so, can you possibly post what it said.

Thanks

Yes. Ask them if they will price match the $20 gift card that Walmart and Amazon are offering for RDR. Be specific.

#47 jgiovanni  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:11 PM

I sent them an email and they sent me a code for $20 off for any instock title.

Does this mean I will still get the $10 off code when game ships

jgiovanni.png

1060050.png

Please check out DCUVHD.com for all UV/ITunes movie trading needs!

#48 Electro   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:13 PM

Just sent them an email hopefully it works :)

#49 Fearia   I'a Cthulhu! CAGiversary!   1289 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:23 PM

Interestingly enough, when asking for the PM, they gave it to me . . . instantly. As in, I now have a $10 code and I haven't had to pay anything yet. And I'm getting another when it actually ships.

$45 - $20 + Free overnight shipping = $25 and free overnight shipping = WIN
Posted Image

#50 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16704 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:32 PM

Interesting - I may have to try again tomorrow and hopefully get a different rep.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

Unfortunately we are not able to match this offer at this time for this title.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

MildObstruction.png

#51 evophile   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1138 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:52 PM

Interestingly enough, when asking for the PM, they gave it to me . . . instantly. As in, I now have a $10 code and I haven't had to pay anything yet. And I'm getting another when it actually ships.

$45 - $20 + Free overnight shipping = $25 and free overnight shipping = WIN

Nice! Did you guys just email help@gamestop.com ?

I ordered RDR last night, but it's still not showing up in my order history either.

evophile.pngevophile.png

#52 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:06 PM

I just e-mailed them too asking for a match of the Walmart/Amazon $20 gift card. Hopefully they're in a giving mood with me too.

Posted Image

#53 Dark Lord Greg   The Urban Legend CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Dark Lord Greg

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:08 PM

I emailed and was told I would get the $20 code when the game shipped, what exactly did you guys who got the code immediately say? LOL

#54 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:31 PM

I emailed and was told I would get the $20 code when the game shipped, what exactly did you guys who got the code immediately say? LOL

That's what I'd like to know too, since then I'd use the $20 code to get Bad Company 2 for $30-ish if they gave me it immediately.

I was gonna press my luck and bs them and say that Amazon or WM were offering release day shipping too, but I didn't wanna push it.:lol:

Posted Image

#55 steveinneed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

steveinneed

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:39 PM

That's what I'd like to know too, since then I'd use the $20 code to get Bad Company 2 for $30-ish if they gave me it immediately.

I was gonna press my luck and bs them and say that Amazon or WM were offering release day shipping too, but I didn't wanna push it.:lol:

They gave me the code immediately. Keep asking them until they budge.

#56 AceSam14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:49 PM

If I preorder RDR and Mario Galaxy 2 using the 25% off code, will they charge for the complete order when RDR ships on may 18th, or just the RDR part of the order?

thanks

#57 estofan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   617 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:50 PM

If I preorder RDR and Mario Galaxy 2 using the 25% off code, will they charge for the complete order when RDR ships on may 18th, or just the RDR part of the order?

thanks

Just the part that ships first (RDR).

#58 DirtySeeSaw   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   668 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

DirtySeeSaw

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:14 PM

I sent them this:

Are you going to be price matching Amazon or Walmart of $20 on their game credit for pre ordering Red Dead Redemption?

from my email address I use with GS

Got a $20 code, took an hour maybe. Thanks for posting

#59 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:52 PM

Crap. I got told that they 'don't match any competitors'.:bomb: Maybe I'll call their customer service line just prior to their 8pm closing time and see if I can get a rep who is in a hurry to get home to match the $20 card from Amazon/WalMart.:lol:;)

Posted Image

#60 AceSam14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:55 PM

So if you ask them to price match they will give you a $20 code right now? sorry if I didn't understand correctly.