$10-$20 coupon codes on select pre-orders

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
Gamestop.com has $10-$20 coupon codes when you pre-order the following games

Use coupon code F2D for "Free 2-Day Shipping on all pre-order titles. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles. Expires 5/31/2010 11:59PM". Make sure to pick the free 2 day ground shipping at checkout. (thanks IAmTheCheapestGamer)

$20 coupon codes:
Halo Reach/Limited/Legendary
Super Mario Galaxy 2

$10 coupon codes:
Alan Wake/Limited
Blur
Crackdown 2
Green Day: Rock Band/Plus
Madden NFL 11
Mafia 2
ModNation Racers
Prince Of Persia Forgotten Sands
Red Dead Redemption
Singularity
Shrek Forever After
Skate 3
Split/Second
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
UFC Undisputed 2010

Coupon Code FAQ:

Q: Do the coupon Codes stack?
A: Other than Edge, no they do not stack with anything else including other coupon codes. So if you get 2 coupon codes you'll have to place 2 orders to use both of them.

Q: I pre-ordered a game before it had the coupon code deal. Will I still get it?
A: I don't know. Email Gamestop [email protected] or call (800) 883-8895

Q: When do I get the coupon code?
A: You are supposed to get it within 24 hours of the time your order ships.

Q: Is this deal in stores, or can I do in-store pickup with this?
A: No. This is online only at Gamestop.com. You need to have the order shipped to you.

Q: Do the coupon codes expire?
A: Yes but they're good for about 2 years.

Q: It's been over 24 hours since my order shipped. Where is my coupon code?
A: For many it seems to take up to 3 days before getting the codes. Check your spam and if you still haven't received it after 3 days you can email [email protected] or call (800) 883-8895

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah and without stacking, Gamestop is always going to lose that war, IMO. I'll just keep going to Amazon (and stacking my coupons to get better deals) :)

[quote name='trunks982']I preordered Alan Wake way before it shows up the $10 bonus. Will I still get the coupon code?[/QUOTE]

I think for situations like this it sometimes varies, especially with gamestop. So calling/e-mailing would be your best bet.

[quote name='trunks982']I preordered Alan Wake way before it shows up the $10 bonus. Will I still get the coupon code?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']I pre-ordered Halo:Reach Legendary Edition about a week ago, will I should get the $20 coupon too, right? I emailed them to make[/QUOTE]

They have always made me do a cancel/reorder when promo items have been added to pre-orders in the past. I have found that their on-line customer service finds the way for themselves to have to do the least amount of work.

Thanks for the compilation of all these discounts, OP.

A lot of people seem to be complaining about these coupons. It does completely suck that they do not stack with each other, but they are valid for two years! It is very feasible to believe that, at some point in the next two years, there will be a game that is discounted at Gamestop without any other promotions. It is in this situation that the coupons will be very useful.

The only problem I see is in the impatience of us gamers - some of us feel the need to get rid of our credit as soon as possible. These coupons reward the patient!

And who knows. Maybe if Gamestop realizes they need to be a bit more competitive with Amazon they will allow the stacking of coupons.

Yeah, I think Gamestop has been doing a great job with the codes and it would be nice if credit would stack, but it's not terrible that they don't. I just wish they would integrate these deals into the actual physical stores a little more. Let you use the credit in-store, or at LEAST offer the same base prices in store as online. I can understand wanting to save the codes, like PRE25, for online, but if a game is $49.99 regular price on the site, it should be $49.99 in the store - not $54.99 or whatever. That $5 is enough to make me want to buy it when I'd usually wait, but not enough to make me want to buy it online vs. in the store.

[quote name='ParkCarsHere']Thanks for the compilation of all these discounts, OP.

A lot of people seem to be complaining about these coupons. It does completely suck that they do not stack with each other, but they are valid for two years! It is very feasible to believe that, at some point in the next two years, there will be a game that is discounted at Gamestop without any other promotions. It is in this situation that the coupons will be very useful.

The only problem I see is in the impatience of us gamers - some of us feel the need to get rid of our credit as soon as possible. These coupons reward the patient!

And who knows. Maybe if Gamestop realizes they need to be a bit more competitive with Amazon they will allow the stacking of coupons.[/QUOTE]

A voice of reason on the Internet? You are not welcome here!

Just to be sure since I haven't tried it yet. If you order online, get the code, can you return the game instore after it arrives to get full credit back and not lose the code?

I think the answer is no, but I just want to confirm, you cannot use these coupon codes on MS points or PSN cards? Thanks!

[quote name='evophile']I think the answer is no, but I just want to confirm, you cannot use these coupon codes on MS points or PSN cards? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Correct. You cannot.

[quote name='rawrker']Just to be sure since I haven't tried it yet. If you order online, get the code, can you return the game instore after it arrives to get full credit back and not lose the code?[/QUOTE]

This is return fraud, discussion about it is not allowed.

[quote name='JaxMoney']Damn, it's a war out there now lol[/QUOTE]

:twoguns:

YeeHawwww....... I love it when competition rears its' ugly head.

So you can't use these in stores eh? So G$ is competing with themselves among others. I guess I'll be going into the store to cancel my Reach and Prince of Persia preorders.

Not interested in Gamestop's tax...but will be interesting to see if Amazon will match the $10 Gift cert for Alan Wake LE.

I didn't feel it warranted a new thread just for this, but if anyone wants FREE two day shipping, use the code F2D to get it on ALL pre-order titles.

Coupon F2D - Free 2-Day Shipping on all pre-order titles. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles. Expires 5/31/2010 11:59PM

I got this code from the following site: http://www.tjoos.com/Coupon/6338/Gamestop

There's a ton of codes on there. Some work, some don't.

Unfortunately, the code DEADEYE no longer works for pre-orders of Red Dead Redemption. It gave you free overnight shipping and the outfit that causes faster regen of deadeye.

I posted this question in another in another gamestop thread but this seems to be a better place to ask it...

For people who order at Gamestop more than I do, I had a off-topic question about pre-orders. I got locked into my Lost Planet 2 pre-order despite it being several days before release since it was already "packaged" per them. In general, if you're going to cancel a pre-order, what's the minimum amount of time before release I should do it? Thanks

I have 5 games preordered with the 25OFF code.

I emailed customer support to see if I qualify for the $10 bonus offer. I received an email back from customer support and was sent 3 $10 codes.

Why do you think I was emailed 3 codes and not 5? Shouldn't I be receiving these codes at the time the game ships? Should I even be getting codes at all since I used the 25OFF?

I'm confused..

Kevin

[quote name='kevgret']I have 5 games preordered with the 25OFF code.

I emailed customer support to see if I qualify for the $10 bonus offer. I received an email back from customer support and was sent 3 $10 codes.

Why do you think I was emailed 3 codes and not 5? Shouldn't I be receiving these codes at the time the game ships? Should I even be getting codes at all since I used the 25OFF?

I'm confused..

Kevin[/QUOTE]

Just take them and shut up.

Thomas

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Just take them and shut up.

Thomas[/QUOTE]

wow...

Thanks for the words of wisdom. You're a wealth of knowledge.

Kevin

[quote name='kevgret']I have 5 games preordered with the 25OFF code.

I'm confused..

Kevin[/QUOTE]
Guessing its a case by case thing. I received a code the other day hours before my order shipped and I even debated canceling. Sadly, I wanted the game and by then the $10 credit bonus was over so seemed pointless.

I'm in the same boat as you though. Pre-ordered a good handful of games with 25OFF and not sure if I'll have any codes coming but I'll drop them a line tomorrow and see what the deal is. What games did you pre-order by chance so maybe we can connect up some dots on why they sent you only 3?

[quote name='musicjunkie']Guessing its a case by case thing. I received a code the other day hours before my order shipped and I even debated canceling. Sadly, I wanted the game and by then the $10 credit bonus was over so seemed pointless.

I'm in the same boat as you though. Pre-ordered a good handful of games with 25OFF and not sure if I'll have any codes coming but I'll drop them a line tomorrow and see what the deal is. What games did you pre-order by chance so maybe we can connect up some dots on why they sent you only 3?[/QUOTE]

I preordered the following games:

Alan Wake Limited edition
Crackdown 2
Prince of Persia
Singularity
Red Dead Redemption

Good luck with your email. Hopefully you will get some codes..

Kevin

I would rather email them after the orders ships to ask for the $10 coupon for my alan wake CE.

at this point, they can tell me to cancel the order and reorder now to get the $10 coupon but I will lose the 25off.

This is weird halo reach legendary said $5 almost for extra handling with a coupon that did not work at the end. I was just messing around seeing if they goofed and allowed that to be used. Anyways i redid the order with F2D and then it doubled the handling fee with the other coupon that did not work. I am like uhhhh and decided to say forget this. I never did get my previous credit from a preorder deal..

$149.99
clear.gif
clear.gif
checkout_line.gif
clear.gif
Handling: $14.98
clear.gif
clear.gif
Includes Special Handling Fee
clear.gif
clear.gif
F2D - Free 2-Day Shipping on all pre-order titles. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles. Expires 5/31/2010 11:59PM
- $9.99
clear.gif
checkout_line.gif
clear.gif
Estimated Tax: $13.56
clear.gif
clear.gif
checkout_line.gif
clear.gif
Order Total: $168.54

I think newegg is the best way to go since i pay 1-2 bucks more without tax on them. The $20 credit would of made this $148.54 anyways so $150 total shipped on newegg is way better for my tastes. This is why i always do not buy from GS then the random goofs they do does not help.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']This is weird halo reach legendary said $5 almost for extra handling with a coupon that did not work at the end. I was just messing around seeing if they goofed and allowed that to be used. Anyways i redid the order with F2D and then it doubled the handling fee with the other coupon that did not work. I am like uhhhh and decided to say forget this. I never did get my previous credit from a preorder deal..

$149.99
clear.gif
clear.gif
checkout_line.gif
clear.gif
Handling: $14.98
clear.gif
clear.gif
Includes Special Handling Fee
clear.gif
clear.gif
F2D - Free 2-Day Shipping on all pre-order titles. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles. Expires 5/31/2010 11:59PM
- $9.99
clear.gif
checkout_line.gif
clear.gif
Estimated Tax: $13.56
clear.gif
clear.gif
checkout_line.gif
clear.gif
Order Total: $168.54

I think newegg is the best way to go since i pay 1-2 bucks more without tax on them. The $20 credit would of made this $148.54 anyways so $150 total shipped on newegg is way better for my tastes. This is why i always do not buy from GS then the random goofs they do does not help.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered when it came out on gamestop, I did the free shipping option, eventhough it would take like a week to ship. But I never saw any special fee.

[quote name='kevgret']I preordered the following games:

Alan Wake Limited edition
Crackdown 2
Prince of Persia
Singularity
Red Dead Redemption

Good luck with your email. Hopefully you will get some codes..

Kevin[/QUOTE]
Well 3 of those are being released next Tuesday so would explain the number of codes they sent. I have pre-ordered Alan Wake and Red Dead and haven't been charged so I'm curious if maybe your order with those pre-orders have been locked or anything. If not you could make out with some free codes but then again getting those games for ~$48 a pop after tax is a steal to begin with.

I e-mailed them today and will update with my findings tomorrow.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

Any codes offers included with the pre-order of a specific title will be issued 24 hours after the order is shipped. Please note that offers such as this may be guaranteed for orders placed prior to the offer being made. As such we cannot guarantee that your orders will be eligible for this offer.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

Best regards,
Eh whatever. Joke's on them since I took full advantage of 10AUTO and 25OFF stacking plenty of times.

[quote name='MasterWolf']I pre-ordered when it came out on gamestop, I did the free shipping option, eventhough it would take like a week to ship. But I never saw any special fee.[/QUOTE]

That is weird then. The handling fee of $15 was a slap in the face when i was going to order it. It is odd it doubled or tripled when i added the new code F2D.

yeah i used 25off on alan wake limited ediition and deathsmiles. i hope i get the 10 dollar credit even though i preorderd weeks ago.

I just ordered Red Dead Redemption via Gamestop's website. Now I just have to cancel out of the pre-order I made in store and switch it over to Transformers: War For Cybertron for next month.

I emailed them about my Alan Wake LE and they sent me a complimentary $10 off code. Hopefully they have some automated system thta sends me another when the game ships. I pre ordered way back with the $20 off $80 promo.

[quote name='johnnyrocker360']i got them match the red dead redemption $20 credit from amazon.[/QUOTE]

I just did too. Sweet.

[quote name='jgiovanni']Did you guys send gamestop an email to match the $20 for red dead.

If so, can you possibly post what it said.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes. Ask them if they will price match the $20 gift card that Walmart and Amazon are offering for RDR. Be specific.

I sent them an email and they sent me a code for $20 off for any instock title.

Does this mean I will still get the $10 off code when game ships

Interestingly enough, when asking for the PM, they gave it to me . . . instantly. As in, I now have a $10 code and I haven't had to pay anything yet. And I'm getting another when it actually ships.

$45 - $20 + Free overnight shipping = $25 and free overnight shipping = WIN

bread's done
Back