5 (100%)
Best Buy:

True Blood Season 2 Blu-Ray - $39.99

True Blood Season 2 DVD - $32.99

Amazon:

True Blood Season 2 Blu-Ray -$39.99 PM

True Blood Season 2 DVD -$32.99 PM

***UPDATE***
Amazon has price matched so free SSS and no tax!!! Original post below!!

The Link to Best Buy changed and I updated that, you gotta scroll down to the bottom to see the item it is pretty stupid how its set up....

You still have to pay tax at Best Buy, but I believe you can get in-store pick up as well. I also believe that they charge right away for pre-orders. They are also giving you a free poster with pre-order so all of your friends can make fun of you for being a fan of the series. The DVD is $32.99 witch beats Amazon by $5.00. I pre-ordered God of War III through bestbuy and got the game the day after it came out, so maybe I can get it by May 26, the release is May 25th. Total for me was $42.19 (Just had to pay WI 5.5% sales tax and got free shipping through premiere silver). Hope this helps any CAG out there!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope Amazon will match this, but I might get in on it anyway. Idk why anyone would make fun of you for watching this series, it's great, even if the poster is kinda lame.

Yes yes yes! Thanks OP been looking for a deal on this. Do you know if this is just a short-term internet only presale deal? Has anyone paid online with a credit card and done a store pick up similiar to this?

I wont lie..didnt give a fat babies d*ck about this show. Heard Anna got nekkid and I had to watch. Been hooked every since and the show was so good I could care less that Anna gets nude.

[quote name='Bigjames']Why would your friends make fun of you for liking a show that has Anna Paquin nude in it?[/QUOTE]

That, and this is by far one of the best written shows currently airing. I've yet to meet anyone who has actually watched it that didn't like it.

I've got my preorder in with Amazon, I hope they pricematch this. I'm sure they will, considering day one sales they would lose to BB.

tempting but i have a feeling its going to be 24.99-29.99 around black friday or the inevitable bestbuy/DD/Amazon hbo half off yearly sale so ill hold off, but if you don't wanna wait this is a good deal

and if your friends would make fun of you for liking a brilliantly written show they are either stupid, 13 years old, stupid or really stupid

Actually, the comment about the poster and friends making fun of you. It is believed that feminist have taken over the vampire genre. With Twilight and this show it does not seem to stick to core roots of vampires and the actual lure of them. Instead True Blood and Twilight is a small coating of vampires with paranormal romance as the core. Vampires have been feminized lately and some believe it to be "gay" to be aquainted with them. You can argue that I am wrong, but at the core of True Blood I would have to categorize it as a Romance instead of a Horror series. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the show and Anna naked, but the whole love thing between Sooki and Bill puts this series in my wifes collection along with Twilight and the Notebook. I'm dishing out the $40 for my wife, I would not own this show otherwise but I would definitelyrent it. Still need to see Daybreakers to see if that is any good though...

Just pre-ordered off amazon for bluray version to go with my season 1 bluray. I still have an extra copy of Season 1 on dvd I need to sell now.

I might have to grab this. It's doubtful Warner will have another super-stacked coupon sale where i got the first set for like $10..... =]

[quote name='Davestation']Actually, the comment about the poster and friends making fun of you. It is believed that feminist have taken over the vampire genre. With Twilight and this show it does not seem to stick to core roots of vampires and the actual lure of them. Instead True Blood and Twilight is a small coating of vampires with paranormal romance as the core. Vampires have been feminized lately and some believe it to be "gay" to be aquainted with them. You can argue that I am wrong, but at the core of True Blood I would have to categorize it as a Romance instead of a Horror series. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the show and Anna naked, but the whole love thing between Sooki and Bill puts this series in my wifes collection along with Twilight and the Notebook. I'm dishing out the $40 for my wife, I would not own this show otherwise but I would definitelyrent it. Still need to see Daybreakers to see if that is any good though...[/QUOTE]
True Blood is a horror show, horror has romance, some of the greatest horror films of all time are romance horror films

no one should be ashamed of enjoying a brilliantly written horror show with romantic elements

[quote name='styl3s']True Blood is a horror show, horror has romance, some of the greatest horror films of all time are romance horror films
[/QUOTE]

How about Dracula? The book, of course. That will aid your argument above all else.

Vamp movie fans really need to watch Let The Right One In. Especially people into that Twilight bullshit. Stream it on Netflix, as I believe it has the correct subtitles.

Alright I got in with Amazon since I had a $10 card to use there too. This show is not like Twilight or anything like that. I was hesitant but bought the 1st season on blu-ray and was instantly hooked, it's a brilliant series.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']How about Dracula? The book, of course. That will aid your argument above all else.

Vamp movie fans really need to watch Let The Right One In. Especially people into that Twilight bullshit. Stream it on Netflix, as I believe it has the correct subtitles.[/QUOTE]

+1 for Let the Right One In.
Great Movie.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']How about Dracula? The book, of course. That will aid your argument above all else.

Vamp movie fans really need to watch Let The Right One In. Especially people into that Twilight bullshit. Stream it on Netflix, as I believe it has the correct subtitles.[/QUOTE]
Let the Right on in is brilliant

i hate twilight i think its the biggest horse shit i have ever seen in my entire life but true blood is one the, actually no ill just say the best vampire show, its not campy and kiddy like buffy/angel was (which i love) but its a true horror show with alot of romance in it, nothing wrong with romance in horror look at the classics like bride of frankenstein, people today have this misconception because of twilight that if X horror has romance its gay and is for tweens or women which is complete and utter bullshit

[quote name='lionheart4life']Alright I got in with Amazon since I had a $10 card to use there too. This show is not like Twilight or anything like that. I was hesitant but bought the 1st season on blu-ray and was instantly hooked, it's a brilliant series.[/QUOTE]

I was hesitant too. I watched bits of the first episode halfway through when it premiered and thought it was kinda stupid. My brother got the set and told me I should give it a watch. By the end of episode 1, I was hooked. Mainly because of the hilarious brother's misadventures.

Ordered from Amazon. Had $25 from trading in Lego Indiana Jones 2. Saw the first season when we still had HBO, but we don't any more, so we've been waiting for this.

Friggin' bought my GF the newest book for like $18 Saturday evening, and she was done like at 9AM Sunday... Why are books so damn expensive.

[quote name='elessar123']Ordered from Amazon. Had $25 from trading in Lego Indiana Jones 2. Saw the first season when we still had HBO, but we don't any more, so we've been waiting for this.

Friggin' bought my GF the newest book for like $18 Saturday evening, and she was done like at 9AM Sunday... Why are books so damn expensive.[/QUOTE]
Books aren't expensive if you order at amazon or online, the new sookie book hardcover is 10$ on amazon :lol:

You went to borders, books a million or barns didnt you? :lol:

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']That, and this is by far one of the best written shows currently airing. I've yet to meet anyone who has actually watched it that didn't like it.[/QUOTE]
Waded through the entire first season on DVD, waiting for it to draw me in, it didn't. Same thing happened for me with Fringe, eventually gave up on it in the second season.

[quote name='Davestation']Actually, the comment about the poster and friends making fun of you. It is believed that feminist have taken over the vampire genre. With Twilight and this show it does not seem to stick to core roots of vampires and the actual lure of them. Instead True Blood and Twilight is a small coating of vampires with paranormal romance as the core. Vampires have been feminized lately and some believe it to be "gay" to be aquainted with them. You can argue that I am wrong, but at the core of True Blood I would have to categorize it as a Romance instead of a Horror series. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the show and Anna naked, but the whole love thing between Sooki and Bill puts this series in my wifes collection along with Twilight and the Notebook. I'm dishing out the $40 for my wife, I would not own this show otherwise but I would definitelyrent it. Still need to see Daybreakers to see if that is any good though...[/QUOTE]

If you need to use your wife as an excuse to explain to us why you are going to buy the show, whatever man, go ahead. You just don't want people to think that you really like show because it has a love story.

Let me think of some of my favorite shows.

LOST - Has many love stories, but its not gay
The Wire - A few, but only one of them is gay ;)
BSG - Definitely a few here, not a gay show
Breaking Bad - Yeah there are love stories all right, not gay
The Shield - One or two, not gay

Anyways, yeah, get over it man.

Updated the main post, and BuckinKaiding all those shows you mentioned the main premise is not a love story. BSG has the same aura around it, people think its for nerds and geeks. I enjoy True Blood and I will watch it, but I would not own it if I where not married that is all. I am not saying that its a bad show at all. Just looking at the main premise of it witch its a love story. Thanks to whoever mentioned Amazon PM'ed it, I added links so hope it helps!!

[quote name='styl3s']Books aren't expensive if you order at amazon or online, the new sookie book hardcover is 10$ on amazon :lol:

You went to borders, books a million or barns didnt you? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I had $50 in gift cards for Barnes =P

[quote name='elessar123']Yes, but I had $50 in gift cards for Barnes =P[/QUOTE]
:) that damn barnes, their dvds/BRs in store are so outrageous i can't believe that place is actually in business

new brs there are like 30-40$ each

[quote name='styl3s']:) that damn barnes, their dvds/BRs in store are so outrageous i can't believe that place is actually in business

new brs there are like 30-40$ each[/QUOTE]

I've never bought a bluray there. The most I think I've ever paid for a blu-ray was $15....

[quote name='elessar123']I've never bought a bluray there. The most I think I've ever paid for a blu-ray was $15....[/QUOTE]
TV show/box set/steelbook or big collectors/limited edition aside for a single movie the most i paid was 19.99 for hurt locker

I wonder how Barnes and Nobles and other bookstores are able to stay in business while charging such high prices. Doesn't a major bookstore own Gamestop or vise-versa?

The major bookstore that owns Gamestop is actually Barnes & Noble. Or the other way around.. either way, employees of both apparently get discounts at the other.

Thanks TC for this interesting and cost effective post. I really need to get a PS3 so I can start watching some blu ray discs without feeling like I am throwing money away buying them on the cheap.

Its 39.97 at Fry's have the ad I wonder if I go to Target and they price match it and still give me the 5 dollar gift card.

Just got an email alert from my reward zone saying i have a 15$ gift card ready to print so im picking it up tomorrow hopefully with some true blood drinks

I just went to Best Buy near the office on Richmond and did not see any might check again in an hour.

[quote name='kinga']I just went to Best Buy near the office on Richmond and did not see any might check again in an hour.[/QUOTE]
They were all on a cardboard standee at my store, but none on the shelf.

[quote name='Techsticles']They were all on a cardboard standee at my store, but none on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

Same here. The cardboard standee was right in front as you walk in.

Picked up the bluray along with a bottle of Tru Blood. Hope this stuff is good.

[quote name='Brian9824']What is this bottle of Tru Blood people keep talking about??[/QUOTE]

It's a carbonated drink that you could previously only order from Hbo's website but I think BB is carrying it this week for the season 2 dvd/br release.

I've done some checking and it looks like not all stores are doing this. I'll check mine tonight but if they don't have it any way someone can snag me 2 bottles for me and a friend and mail them?

How much are they anyways? I checked on HBO's site and it was almost $30 shipped for a 4 pack which is crazy.

[quote name='Davestation']Got my order from Best Buy on the release date, they jiped me on the pre-order bonus poster.....[/QUOTE]

Trust me, you are not missing out on any thing. It's only a 15 x 10.75 ad for the TrueBlood drink. here's a pic of it....

bread's done
Back