Need info on Castlevania: Symphony of the Night cover art!!!

NERDtendo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I got this cover art in a deal and I am not sure what it is. I know that it is for Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I am not stupid. However, I don't know if this is a display from a rental or video game store or a limeted edition cover or what. I put the cover art in a PS2 game case to keep it protected. Otherwise, it is just a cardboard cover art. This isn't for the Japanese version and it is PSone. It doesn't say "RP" for the rating so I assume it is not a pre-release display. Any input as to what to classify this as and maybe how much it would be worth is appreciated.

FRONT.jpg

BACK.jpg

CASE.jpg

I'd guess display cover art.

All copies of SotN in the US came in a regular sized CD case, that wouldn't fit. The EGM '66 seems odd too. The quotes are from the actual game case but the misprint isn't on the original.

Definitely not the correct cover art. The PSX title has a castle on the cover. The back says EGM 96, not 66. Looks like you either have a photoshopped version. The original game came in a much smaller case. I have both black and green labels for comparison.

Another tell-tale sign that this is not an authentic cover is that it contains the newer, bold, filled-in ESRB logo that didn't grace game covers until the year 2000.

bread's done
Back