XBL Points Sale on Amazon: 1600 - $16.54, 4000 - $43.54

For those wondering the 1600 points card is cheaper on a per point basis. You're better off buying 2 or 3 1600 points cards than the 4000.

[quote name='handsomepete']Thanks Cheapy, snagged 2 1600 point cards to spend frivolously on avatar sweatshirts and tower defense games![/QUOTE]

what tower defense game is there besides Defense Grid and South park?

[quote name='confoosious']what tower defense game is there besides Defense Grid and South park?[/QUOTE]

Crystal something from Square-Enix on XBLA.

Edit: Found it. its Crystal Defenders

[quote name='brauma']Am i the only one who finds it crappy they charge for shipping?[/QUOTE]

CAG Veteran? Really?

In for 3.

I'm still spoiled from all the $15 deals on 1600 point cards that used to be the norm, and even more so from that Circuit City B1G1 fiasco a few years ago. Man, I wish I'd abused that deal more than I did.

Still, with Comic Jumper, Battle Block Theater, and Hydro Thunder Hurricane on the way, I'm going to be needing some points. Thanks, Cheapy.

Another MW2 map pack coming on June 3rd, might as well get ready.

Also, I need the Assassin's Creed 2 and Mass Effect 2 DLCs....

I already have so many points and I'm just waiting for something to spend them on. PLEASE RELEASE SOMETHING OF QUALITY TO XBLA!

Thanks for the info Cheapy

In for one...post wasting ten seconds of your time, telling you that I'm thinking about buying, as well as how I might spend such points, which I just KNOW you're here for in the first place, right??

#everyotherCAGDealsForumpost

Since buying XBL's Deal of the Week, im now low again on points. So i think i will snag two. Thanks for the heads up Cheapy

[quote name='Fire_Thief']This deal has been going on for over 2 weeks; You are good.[/QUOTE]

really? I thought it was on sale due to a Walmart or somewhere else PM for $17.xx last week

[quote name='Commander0Zero']I see no mp3 credit. Can someone confirm this?[/QUOTE]

I got it (and used it)

I posted in MS Points thread yesterday when it was $17.54 with $5.00 in MP3 credit.

You should get a email telling you that you just recieved the MP3 credit. Which is good until the middle of June I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're fucking kidding me! I just bought 1600 points last night, for the first time in probably over a year. God dammit...

Thx.

Picked up 2 and used my $10 gaming credit towards it (Don't remember what from), so it came to $23 with 2-Day (Prime)

[quote name='Import']Thx.

Picked up 2 and used my $10 gaming credit towards it (Don't remember what from), so it came to $23 with 2-Day (Prime)[/QUOTE]

Same. I noticed there was no tax unlike my other purchases (NY tax). I wonder why I don't pay any tax this time...not that I'm complaining! :cool:

Yeah the MP3 credit is NOT showing on the XBL points card page, but as soon as you are ready to Pull the Trigger on the order on the last page, this box shows up before you press the buy it button.

Important Message

Upon order of your purchased qualifying video games item, you will receive an email indicating that the $5 credit for Amazon MP3 music downloads has been applied to your account automatically. The credit may be used only for Amazon MP3 downloads available at www.amazon.com. You must redeem your credit (in one or more transactions) for Amazon MP3 downloads by July 15, 2010. Customers may only become eligible for the $5 MP3 offer once during the May 7, 2010 to June 15, 2010 promotional period.

Worked for me. Thanks Cheepy. Love buying my MP3's from Amazon, usually cheaper than iTunes too.

Note though that if you've already bought a game or something else since May 7th that included the MP3 credit, you don't get it again.

I am so spoiled by the $30 4000 point codes I got off ebay a year ago. I built over 14000 live points on my account and still have about 5000 left. I hope those cheap codes come back when I am almost out of points.

It has been so long since I spent any points. The last thing I bought I think was the map pack for Call of Duty 4.

I have not seen any content worth downloading in a while. I also have not bought an arcade game in forever. I think it is because I got Steam now.

Hmm... I know this is a good deal but I can not think of anything to do with the points if I get them. Maybe get that gears of war 2 map pack finally. Although that game is so buggy that the only fun mode is Horde... meh....

Wish I could have bought more than 3 1600 pts cards. One of these days I'm gonna run into a deal where I pay less than 35$ for 4000 pts again :)

[quote name='Commander0Zero']I see no mp3 credit. Can someone confirm this?[/QUOTE]

It showed up in my email a couple hrs later.

[quote name='RAZORLAND']It showed up in my email a couple hrs later.[/QUOTE]

I think the problem is that there's nothing in the item description about an MP3 credit. I assume it must have been in there before and the promo's over?

[quote name='epb']I think the problem is that there's nothing in the item description about an MP3 credit. I assume it must have been in there before and the promo's over?[/QUOTE]I think the promo's still going through June. It just shows up in the order confirmation page prior to placing your order.

bread's done
Back