Street Fighter Anniversary Collection $16.48 on amazon.com

Not a bad deal. I bought it awhile ago for $13 when Circuit City was still around. Oh those were the days. I basically bought it to play 3rd Strike since I missed it the first time around on the Dreamcast.

great price, third strike is still if not one of the best fighting games period. let alone, the street fighter 2 on this disc is better than the psn/xbl edition. something about the new ones that kind of irk me, the art in the regular edition is the best hands down imo.

Dang I wish the PS3 was backwards compatible :mad: The graphics in Street Fighter 3 (and Alpha) are soooo much better than 4 :whistle2:/

This game is a hell of a deal. Not only do you basically get all 5 versions of each SF2 character + SF3TS, but you also get the censored SF anime from the early 90's on the same disc.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Oooooh, censored? :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]Nothing big. I think the changes were limited to certain "adult language," replacing some of the soundtrack with American rock bands, and editing out specific portions of a shower scene with Chun-li. You're not missing a whole lot. Plus anything having to do with Street Fighter is awesome, even if it's bad... ;)

[quote name='Thrinn']This game is a hell of a deal. Not only do you basically get all 5 versions of each SF2 character + SF3TS, but you also get the censored SF anime from the early 90's on the same disc.[/QUOTE]
Is the anime also on the xbox version? I've had it since it came out and never noticed the anime

[quote name='GUNNM']Is the anime also on the xbox version? I've had it since it came out and never noticed the anime[/QUOTE]I believe so as I haven't heard otherwise. I have the PS2 version, and IIRC the anime is buried underneath one of the menus and doesn't require anything to be unlocked in order to watch it.

I had originally bought this for the xbox back when it first came out, but wanted to get the ps2 version for ps3 b/c. With SFAC, SFAA, HD:R, MVC2, CVS2, the Tekken series, VF4, VF5, BlazBlue, SFIV, and SSFIV the b/c PS3 is one helluva platform for fighting games. : )

The Xbox loses by default anyway, given it's incredibly craptastic-why-the-hell-hasn't-Microsoft-fixed-it-yet d-pad.

I hate lack of BC though. I really don't have space to have four systems hooked up. I don't even have two component inputs on my TV I use for gaming now!

[quote name='Wolfpup']Dang I wish the PS3 was backwards compatible :mad: The graphics in Street Fighter 3 (and Alpha) are soooo much better than 4 :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

If it's any consolation, i have a BC PS3, and i don't play PS2 fighting games on it, because all PS2 games suffer a couple of frames worth of input lag on PS3. It's not enough to make them unplayable (and hardly noticeable in most games), but it's enough to kill the flow of a really tight fighting game like GGXX or SFIII. If you want to play PS2 fighting games, on your PS2 is still the best way to do it.

I ended up getting this used for Xbox from GameStop for 8 dollars. They were having a big clearance sale around my area and I called every GameStop with like 200 miles till I found one in Ohio with this game and had them ship it to my local GameStop where I picked it up.

No case or manual but I bought those online for like 7 bucks so it all worked out.

Thanks for the info happydogs (and highly important name! :) ) Well...I guess I've pretty well given up on PS3 backwards compatibility. Ended up buying a few PS2 spares, as I wish I had done with older systems. May end up standardizing on just one or two systems this gen to help with storage space...I already have my entire desk taken over by the Wii, Xbox, and Playstation as it is!

[quote name='Wolfpup']The Xbox loses by default anyway, given it's incredibly craptastic-why-the-hell-hasn't-Microsoft-fixed-it-yet d-pad.

I hate lack of BC though. I really don't have space to have four systems hooked up. I don't even have two component inputs on my TV I use for gaming now![/QUOTE]
I'm going to disagree here - the XBOX version, IMO, played smoother than the PS2 version of this, and if you take out the D-Pad (who isn't using a fight stick - amateurs! ;)), it's not even close.

Now...I have mostly everything else on the PS2, but only by default, because Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum isn't on XBOX, same with SF Alpha Anthology, and SamSho Anthology...

Well, that's a good point then. I like my control pads though :whistle2:D Or at least the option to use one.

I think the Xbox 1 had a good d-pad though? I didn't notice a problem, although I didn't own that many Xbox games. THOUGHT it was fine, and I know my older Sidewinder pads were great...so it's just inexplicable to me that the 360 pad was released as it is, and even more so that it hasn't been fixed.

This is a company that's fixed their DRM so you can transfer games to a new system. They've fixed it so the system's not so loud, and both of those are WAY more involved, way more surprising changes than...just quietly updating a d-pad. It's SO WEIRD!

Crappy thing too is that's my only real complaint with the controller. I don't think it's clear cut better or worse really than a Dual Shock 3...just different. Bumpers are maybe worse for some games than L/R1, triggers are probably better for most games. Face buttons are too...bumpy or something, but it's all super minor things to me, but man, that d-pad. I have trouble SCROLLING THROUGH MENUS reliably sometimes. Sometimes it registers, somethings the whole thing shifts, it's just weird.

[quote name='GUNNM']Is the anime also on the xbox version? I've had it since it came out and never noticed the anime[/QUOTE]

The anime is on the xbox version. I have the game box next to me and it says it does right on the cover of the game.

This is a nice fighting game bundle. Most people probably already have various versions of SFII, but this one is one of the better ones to have.

[quote name='Wolfpup']
This is a company that's fixed their DRM so you can transfer games to a new system. They've fixed it so the system's not so loud, and both of those are WAY more involved, way more surprising changes than...just quietly updating a d-pad. It's SO WEIRD!
[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if they finally sneak in a new d-pad with the Xbox redesign that seems to be in the works. But like mentioned above, a stick is really the way to go with fighting games. I think all of the current standard controllers suck equally for fighters because of the button layout. Triggers and shoulder buttons ruin it more than anything for me.

Did you guys get this directly from Amazon as the seller? There are two $15.90 priced items from 3rd party sellers that are fulfilled by Amazon. Bought anyways since it doesn't really matter.

[quote name='Thrinn']Nothing big. I think the changes were limited to certain "adult language," replacing some of the soundtrack with American rock bands, and editing out specific portions of a shower scene with Chun-li. You're not missing a whole lot. Plus anything having to do with Street Fighter is awesome, even if it's bad... ;)[/QUOTE]

Those aren't big changes?

[quote name='kaydigi']Those aren't big changes?[/QUOTE]The swearing and cartoon nudity were trivial compared to the removal of Ken's dream about the unicorn.

Ken is actually a replicant of Ryu

[quote name='happydogs']If it's any consolation, i have a BC PS3, and i don't play PS2 fighting games on it, because all PS2 games suffer a couple of frames worth of input lag on PS3. It's not enough to make them unplayable (and hardly noticeable in most games), but it's enough to kill the flow of a really tight fighting game like GGXX or SFIII. If you want to play PS2 fighting games, on your PS2 is still the best way to do it.[/QUOTE]

This is the first time I've heard about b/c lag on PS3. I've certainly never noticed, in fighting games or other games. I've played everything from PS1 Tekken to BB and SSFIV on my PS3 with friends. We don't play 'competitively' its just for fun, and we've never had any problems. And usually I bring out the PS1/PS2 Tekken games, SC2, GGXX#R, and VF4E just to kind of laugh at what I used to consider to be amazing graphics.
But what I have noticed, is that all my PS2 games look better through PS3 b/c than they do on PS2, and I still keep PS2 games in my regular game rotation. In fact I finally got the PS2 version of CVS2, my fav fighter, yesterday and immediately noticed that the smaller text was easier to read and I noticed subtle graphical details that I never noticed before by playing via PS3. That being said, I hope Sony makes b/c universal via PSN or something because I'm kinda paranoid that my PS3 will crap out on me like my 360 did, and I'll be stuck without a b/c PS3.

[quote name='wastedyears']This is the first time I've heard about b/c lag on PS3. I've certainly never noticed[/QUOTE]

Well it's there, been tested and proven.

I recently got this from Goozex for Xbox but the disc arrived not working.. got my credits back but bummed out that I'm missing out on the game.

[quote name='Thrinn']The swearing and cartoon nudity were trivial compared to the removal of Ken's dream about the unicorn.

Ken is actually a replicant of Ryu
[/QUOTE]

That was incredibly random and wildly off-topic. :applause:

I could use some Edward James Olmos though...is he also in the Street Fighter movie?

bread's done
Back