Blood the Last Vampire (anime) Blu-ray - $11.24 @ Best Buy Online & B&M

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Blood: The Last Vampire is a monstrously awful film. Buyer beware.[/QUOTE]
I have to agree, it was completely lacking of a real plot. :(

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Blood: The Last Vampire is a monstrously awful film. Buyer beware.[/QUOTE]
Clearly you've mistaken this for the TV series.

[quote name='Jodou']Clearly you've mistaken this for the TV series.[/QUOTE]

The TV series is *far* more watchable. It's far from perfect, but the film is just an abomination.

I remember this as one of my biggest anime disappointments. I watched a preview clip online just before it came out, went to pick it up the day it came out, and was unbelievably let down. Avoid.

I'll have to agree with everyone else that this was kind of a letdown. It was partially my fault, since it was a movie I assumed it was between 70-90 minutes, and I didn't check the back of the box or anything. 45-50 minutes go by, and then it kinda ends. I was expecting more. I wouldn't imagine wanting to pay more than $5 for this, even on blu-ray. If anything they should just include with the TV series or something.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']The TV series is *far* more watchable. It's far from perfect, but the film is just an abomination.[/QUOTE]
Ha, the show had zero payoff since they'd build and build towards fight scenes just to puss out every single fucking time. Absolute garbage.

The movie was far superior in not only art direction (God bless Madhouse), but action as well. If anything the only disappointment came from length, since it was more of a short than film. I guess kids these days just don't appreciate real monster movies and swoon for Twilight.

I rather enjoyed the (short) movie and the TV series. :p
They just showed the movie on Scifi again last Monday.

[quote name='Jodou']Ha, the show had zero payoff since they'd build and build towards fight scenes just to puss out every single fucking time. Absolute garbage.

The movie was far superior in not only art direction (God bless Madhouse), but action as well. If anything the only disappointment came from length, since it was more of a short than film. I guess kids these days just don't appreciate real monster movies and swoon for Twilight.[/QUOTE]

At least the series had a coherent plot and characters with some degree of depth, in contrast to the movie. And as for the art, really? I thought it looked ugly as sin, but I suppose we just had different expectations. Awards be damned, I feel like I wasted my time watching this movie to the end.

This.
[quote name='Kirin Lemon']The TV series is *far* more watchable. It's far from perfect, but the film is just an abomination.[/QUOTE]
And This.

[quote name='Jodou']Ha, the show had zero payoff since they'd build and build towards fight scenes just to puss out every single fucking time. Absolute garbage.

The movie was far superior in not only art direction (God bless Madhouse), but action as well. If anything the only disappointment came from length, since it was more of a short than film. I guess kids these days just don't appreciate real monster movies and swoon for Twilight.[/QUOTE]
Hah, you're adorable, really. I'm utterly opposed to Twilight, it's just that I have a problem with films that drop you in the middle of a plotline, have some fighting, and end before even attempting to explain anything.

The art was fine, but it seems to me that you're merely interested in action and pretty artwork. Sorry, but some of us actually give a damn about more important things.

bread's done
Back