All Wii Gold Box Event Today at Amazon

GoGame

CAGiversary!
[img-r=4876]3674[/img-r]Today, 6 Wii video games will be featured in Amazon's Gold Box along with a Wii Deal of the Day.

Deal of the Day:
:wii: Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 3 Bundle $34.99

Hit the link below for Gold Box deal clues and times:
iconamazon.gif
Amazon Wii Gold Box

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's how this will play out:
As we draw closer to the actual day, people's hope and expectations will inevitably move towards the realm of good deal.

Disappointment will snowball, however, as the actual day progresses and shovelwere after shovelwere is sold at blisteringly painful "un-deal" prices yet somehow gobbled up by the soccer moms who peruse Amazon.

By half-way through most CAGs will be raging, with a good deal of them not even bothering to check the thread anymore since they stayed up till 3AM EST for a very 'meh' DotD

Everyone will lament how they miss the old All-day Gold Box events and the cycle will repeat in a few weeks/months.

Don't own a Wii but hopefully I can find some games I can flip locally. But knowing most of these game gold deals, probably not going to happen.

Thanks OP. I hope I can buy at least a couple of games. The last few Gold Box events have been, in a word, unimpressive.

Hopefully A Boy and His Blob will show up for $15 or less. I doubt I will get anything, unless it is a crazy good deal, because Mario Galaxy 2 comes out in a week.

[quote name='prateeko']here's how this will play out:
As we draw closer to the actual day, people's hope and expectations will inevitably move towards the realm of good deal.

Disappointment will snowball, however, as the actual day progresses and shovelwere after shovelwere is sold at blisteringly painful "un-deal" prices yet somehow gobbled up by the soccer moms who peruse amazon.

By half-way through most cags will be raging, with a good deal of them not even bothering to check the thread anymore since they stayed up till 3am est for a very 'meh' dotd

everyone will lament how they miss the old all-day gold box events and the cycle will repeat in a few weeks/months.[/quote]
+1

Just got a Wii last week, but not expecting anything good to come from this.

Thanks for heads up though.

judging by the All Xbox 360 Gold box even........MEH probably not much in terms of great deals though I would love Dead Space Extraction cheap though

Hi guys! Just got an email a few minutes ago from Amazon stating that there will be an All Wii Goldbox Event on May 18th!

More details will come soon!!

[quote name='prateeko']
Everyone will lament how they miss the old All-day Gold Box events [/QUOTE]

That right there is continuous rather than continual for me. Its gotten to the point where the moment I see the email subject line I'm just like "meh..." and delete it. I honestly wouldn't even bother making a thread here for the Gold Box events anymore. I can't remember the last time I've found one that presented an actual DEAL.

[quote name='prateeko']Here's how this will play out:

Disappointment will snowball, however, as the actual day progresses and shovelwere after shovelwere is sold at blisteringly painful "un-deal" prices yet somehow gobbled up by the soccer moms who peruse Amazon.

By half-way through most CAGs will be raging, with a good deal of them not even bothering to check the thread anymore since they stayed up till 3AM EST for a very 'meh' DotD

Everyone will lament how they miss the old All-day Gold Box events and the cycle will repeat in a few weeks/months.[/QUOTE]

Gypse!!!!!!! What do you see in my future, witch?

Everyone will lament how they miss the old All-day Gold Box events and the cycle will repeat in a few weeks/months.[/QUOTE]

Yet another +1.

The only possible deal I could see from this would be Super Mario Galaxy 1 as SMG2 will be releasing next week.

[quote name='Justin42']Don't forget the 15-in-1 set of utterly useless plastic accessories-- tennis raquets, baseball bats, guillotines...[/QUOTE]

I thought the guillotine was free with a rebate, so that at least there's some time before you kill yourself for buying it.

You're missing the part where someone calls Wii a "kiddie" system. And someone else says "What? No PS3/Xbox Love? Hate amazon! :bomb:"

Oh and the part where someone misses this post and says the above unironically.

*Complains about nothing good as though he can tell the future*

*Lists games he would like to see*

Do I fit in? ;d

Anyways, thanks OP! I like trying to figure out which game is going on sale next. XD

So what are the chances some N points will go on sale? I'm guessing somewhere between Slim and None, and Slim just got on the last train to Detroit.

[quote name='Unrealevil']Pfft the Wii... what a kiddie system. Where's the PS3/360 love? Hate Amazon! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

sonofa...

[quote name='mitnosi']Have you checked local Sears? I got it for $20 a few months ago, and pretty sure it continued to drop after that.[/QUOTE]

It's down to 9.97 but chances are you won't find them. I hit 4 sears and found 1.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']judging by the All Xbox 360 Gold box even........MEH probably not much in terms of great deals though I would love Dead Space Extraction cheap though[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Didn't the last Gold Box deal have BFBC2 and Mass Effect 2? How is that not good...? Just because you already own the games doesn't make it a bad deal.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']What are you talking about? Didn't the last Gold Box deal have BFBC2 and Mass Effect 2? How is that not good...? Just because you already own the games doesn't make it a bad deal.[/QUOTE]
People dont like it when Amazon aren't practically giving the games away :p

This is guaranteed.

These day-long specials are geared toward clueless soccer moms who have completely disconnected from reality.

Unless you're looking for the laughable "deal" of Imagine Party Babiez for $49.99, you need to move on.... because that's all Amazon plans to give you. Worthless mini-game compilations at inflated prices.

lol @ all the amazon hate.
So everyone hates on amazon now (For their "lackluster" deals but hey, they have to make money somehow right?).... then Black Friday will roll around and then CAGs will forget this ever happened and vote Amazon Best Online Retailer/Best online customer Service/Best Website with a "Z" in the name for the 5th year in a row.

And the Cycle will continue. *Yawn* I'm sleepy. Wake me when WiiHD comes out.

What time will the hints come out for the games that are to be featured?

Haven't paid much attention to previous Gold Box Deals.

Remember, disappointment comes relative to expectations. I expect this All Wii Gold Box Event to reach through the computer screen, kick me in the nuts, and vomit on my dog. So I think I will be pleasantly surprised.

[quote name='mitnosi']Have you checked local Sears? I got it for $20 a few months ago, and pretty sure it continued to drop after that.[/QUOTE]

There aren't really any Sears reasonably close to me. And they generally won't have this sort of title.

[quote name='xpag406']lol @ all the amazon hate.
So everyone hates on amazon now (For their "lackluster" deals but hey, they have to make money somehow right?).... then Black Friday will roll around and then CAGs will forget this ever happened and vote Amazon Best Online Retailer/Best online customer Service/Best Website with a "Z" in the name for the 5th year in a row.

And the Cycle will continue. *Yawn* I'm sleepy. Wake me when WiiHD comes out.[/QUOTE]

It's not so much hate as it is us being jaded. I personally love Amazon and, aside from using my GS store credit, they are usually my first choice for buying games, it's just that their Gold Box events have been terrible lately.

[quote name='xpag406']lol @ all the amazon hate.

And the Cycle will continue. *Yawn* I'm sleepy. Wake me when WiiHD comes out.[/QUOTE]

It's not hate, it's just an observation. Amazon's BFs are good (last years was better), but the Gold Box has enough 'clout' with lay-people (soccer moms as I said earlier) that they realize they can give 'meh' deals in there and they will still sell out, so why bother putting out solid gold that CAGers demand?

Financially, that'd be irresponsible, thus I made my post and do not expect much from tomorrow's Gold Box. If they do, however, put out some dynamo deals, I'll be happy to be proved wrong.

I just bought a Black Wii and only own New Super Mario Bros. so I'm gonna be paying attention to this tomorrow. Hoping for some good games to come up, if not at least I got the 30% off used games at gamestop.com to fall back on haha. Hoping TvC, No More Heroes, or even Punch Out show up. One can also dream for Metroid Prime Trilogy ha.

bread's done
Back