Steam: SEGA Week. (Complete Pack: $89.99)

EliotAndrews

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
promo_image_english.jpg

The Complete Pack comes with over 15 games and several expansion/map packs.

------

Friday: Football Manager 2010 ($19.99, normally $39.99) 50% off [Metacritic: 87]

Thursday: Empire: Total War ($20.40, normally $59.99) 66% off [Metacritic: 90]
Thursday: Napoleon: Total War ($26.79, normally $39.99) 33% off [Metacritic: 81]

Wednesday: Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing ($14.99, normally $29.99) 50% off

Tuesday: The SEGA Sci-Fi Pack ($17.49) [The games in this pack are currently individually discounted, as well.]
Tuesday: Space Siege ($5.00, normally $19.99) 75% off [Metacritic: 60]
Tuesday: Stormrise ($7.50, normally $29.99) 75% off [Metacritic: 42]
Tuesday: Universe at War: Earth Assault ($5.00, normally $19.99) 75% off [Metacritic: 77]

Monday: Aliens vs. Predator ($24.99, normally $49.99) 50% off [Metacritic: 68]

------

Is the two-stars rating for my format or the fact that these deals are garbage? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly almost nothing I'm interested in there, though I may spring for a Total War game providing it goes dirt cheap (like $2.50 or so).

[quote name='Svengoolie']Love SEGA but man, there is not a single game in that pack I even care about.[/QUOTE]

Going to have to agree with you, this should be 39.99 at most even then not interested.

Hahaha, I feel the same way. However, Outrun 2006 gets my approval - It was actually taken off Steam after the Holiday Sale, but it seems to be back.

I got it for $2.50 and felt it was money well spent; Outrun 2006 is a great relaxing racer for those that want a break from more intense titles.

I'd like to see a nice sale on Empire: Total War and all of its DLC packs. I'd totally get AvP but $25 is still too much.

Yep, I'd be in for a really good deal on E:Total War and its many micro-packs. AVP isn't worth $25 and most of the rest of the games in that pack aren't so hot either.

[quote name='Xealot42']I want to pick up AvP someday but $25 is still a bit steep given the size of my backlog.[/QUOTE]

Serious.
I might jump at $10, but $25? No way.

Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing isn't a bad game..but not that great of a collection overall. I was hoping to at least see Sonic Heroes and Sonic Adventure in it.

[quote name='zenintrude']Wow, unless you have a massive hard-on for strat, that is a shit collection.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, that's about how I feel too.

[quote name='doodofdoods']It's a shame Sega doesn't have a more diverse Steam catalog. All they'd really need to do is port over all their XBLA games.[/QUOTE]

Not even that. Sega's been releasing titles on the PC for years; I remember getting ports of the Sonic games that were released well over a decade ago. Sega has a huge back catalog of stuff that could conceivably be on Steam, and while the demand may not be huge for all of it, they could be offering a much more diverse set of titles.

Mega props for them putting Outrun 2006 back on Steam.

Mega anti-props for making it unavailable separately.

I can easily pass on the pack.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']If only Bayonetta had been ported to the PC, as well. If only.[/QUOTE]

After seeing their PS3 port, I daresay we're better off having no PC port.

Considering almost everything on there has gone for much cheaper (I got all the Total War stuff for a fraction of the price), this rates as one of the worst Steam deals I've seen.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Mega props for them putting Outrun 2006 back on Steam.

Mega anti-props for making it unavailable separately.

I can easily pass on the pack.[/QUOTE]

I was pretty surprised to see that in the pack as well.

I read all these negative comments and I thought "C'mon, it's Sega, it may not be a great deal but it can't be THAT horrible."

Then I looked at it. Wow, it's bad. As others are saying, All Star Racing is about all I'd want from it that I don't already have.

Outrun is back! Hooray!

Oh wait it's only available in that pack, boo!

Ooh, The Club. The Club was a tepid but still enjoyable third person shooting game with the philosophy of a racing game. Bolt through levels, chain combos of dead enemy dudes and targets, shoot for high scores. No real story or progression or anything more than that but it was fun if you could enjoy that sort of thing. If they put The Club down to $5 or so, it might be worth a look.

Tempted on AvP. Hmm...

Do want All-Star Racing. Maybe if it goes on sale individually....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dead of Knight']Yay, it's Sega Week!

trollface.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Except Sega has been doing this for several years so it would be more like this.

Nurrrr.jpg

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']After seeing their PS3 port, I daresay we're better off having no PC port.[/QUOTE]

Even with shitty optimization, it has a way better chance of running just as well, if not better, than the 360 version. That's if it were ported to PC. :cry:

It's like someone forgot to put the bundle on sale...if the pack was priced in the $40-45 range, like the Rockstar collection was for its week, I could justify it, but at $90, it just seems ridiculous.

[quote name='Showstoppa42']It's like someone forgot to put the bundle on sale...if the pack was priced in the $40-45 range, like the Rockstar collection was for its week, I could justify it, but at $90, it just seems ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken (very possible that I am), but I am pretty sure there was no complete Sega pack prior to this sale. So this sale was the combining of all the games to make a bundle which if it is the case then yeah it is a decent sale (in the sense of how much money it knocks off, not in the quality of the games or anything).

So if i'm not mistaken (don't really pay attention to much Sega stuff on steam... or any other publisher catalog) it would be near impossible to put something on sale that never existed prior to said sale/deal.

But yes I do agree with you that $90 seems a bit high for what is in the pack, but then again I do also own quite a bit of it already

Hopefully Outrun goes on sale for dirt cheap. This is one crappy bundle though. What's surprising is if you look at Sega's history they have a pretty good track record of porting their games to PC. You telling me they couldn't easily port that awesome Genesis collection to the PC? Heck, the Sonic Collection is on PC, they can't put that on Steam? What's the deal?

[quote name='RollingSkull']Outrun is back! Hooray!

Oh wait it's only available in that pack, boo![/QUOTE]

Seriously. I would have bought it a few more times so I could get some extra licenses to play LAN games and send them away as gifts. It's a really good game!

[quote name='eastx']Tempted on AvP. Hmm...

Do want All-Star Racing. Maybe if it goes on sale individually....[/QUOTE]

Community for AvP is beyond dead, last I heard. The single player also isn't worth $25, imo.

It's not worth it unless it's $10 or under.

If I was more of a strategy fan this would be an AMAZING deal. However for a casual strategy player CIV IV is more than enough for me at the moment.

Sega All-Stars Racing for $7.50 would be amazing and an instant buy.

It would be better if they just made it a Total War bundle. In theory you're getting massive savings, but this pack has too much genre variety; it would be very difficult to find somebody to get his full money's worth with all the games provided.

Wow, thanks steam for this, I can spend money on a keyboard instead of games!

Never played a total War game, so if it goes cheap I'd pick one up to see how they are. Ppl seem to like outrun so I might pick that up too if they 75% off it or something. Other than that blah. I wanna play AVP to rip ppl's heads off their bodies, but I can wait for $10 and under.

[quote name='Muitabui']throw in an alpha protocol special and I am sold on this
otherwise nothing here for me.[/QUOTE]
Kind of doubt it, have there ever been more than 10% off a pre-order on steam? Though it is kind of odd how they have that one alpha protocol person prominently displayed on the banner

This is kinda worthless considering the it's pretty much a mega Total War collection with a few extras and most people who are into total war (like myself) would have already picked up most or all of those games.

Um, why the hell is an Alpha Protocol character (Sie) featured prominently on that bundle image, but it's NOT included in the package (even as a pre-order)? That kind of got my hopes up after I looked through the whole package. If AP was included than the $90 asking price would actually be worth it.

The collection isn't complete crap. It has the Total War games...

And I've wanted to try The Club, UaW, and Space Siege, not that they're any good.

bread's done
Back