BB Reward Zone for Gamers: Any game $20

kev

CAGiversary!
I just got a CD thing yesterday from Best Buy saying they are offering a new "expansion pak" to their Reward Zone program. It's still $9.99 but you can add this on to get:

-Some random newsletter with reviews/cheat/etc.
-$50 in coupons
-Any game for $19.99 during the month of your birthday

I've never been interested in the RZ but shoot, now I am. I just wish I had a November birthday... October is plenty fine but you lucky November dudes get all the love. You have to sign up for it in-store and then go to www.myrewardzone.com to add the expansion pak (which seems to cost nothing...)

The CD also has coupons for $10 off Half-life 2, Doom 3 and a couple other big PC titles.

FYI, I couldn't decide where it was most appropriate to post this... It's a game deal to me so I put it here...

That sucks since my birthday was at the beginning of the month and now I would have to wait till next year to take advantage of this offer.

How about a December birthday?! Cool . . .

but I don't see any mention of "expansion pak" at the website . . . I did sign in. Was this a B&M thing?

I like the RZ . . . but I got the card for free and my renewal was free due to bonus points.

According to the site, I've accumulated $75 in reward certs in the past 18 months . . . man I spend too much money there.

wait, its 9.99 a year or month? Also is the 20 dollar game available for any month? because there is a game in march I want and my bros b-day is in march.

So a $50 dollar game would be $20? Seems too good to be true. Is this a one time thing or as many as you want?

[quote name='jkam']So a $50 dollar game would be $20? Seems too good to be true. Is this a one time thing or as many as you want?[/quote]

im guessing one time or else resellers would be on there ass the whole day.

Too bad Best Buy doesn't have games like Steel Batallion in stock. I'd be happy to clear out their units for $20 a piece...

[quote name='kev']I just got a CD thing yesterday from Best Buy saying they are offering a new "expansion pak" to their Reward Zone program. It's still $9.99 but you can add this on to get:

-Some random newsletter with reviews/cheat/etc.
-$50 in coupons
-Any game for $19.99 during the month of your birthday

I've never been interested in the RZ but shoot, now I am. I just wish I had a November birthday... October is plenty fine but you lucky November dudes get all the love. You have to sign up for it in-store and then go to www.myrewardzone.com to add the expansion pak (which seems to cost nothing...)

The CD also has coupons for $10 off Half-life 2, Doom 3 and a couple other big PC titles.

FYI, I couldn't decide where it was most appropriate to post this... It's a game deal to me so I put it here...[/quote]

Hey, I have a November bday, what a piece of luck, what did I win?

ah yes... it doesn't seem to say what I win on their website... so if someone who got the CD would be so kind as to tell me, I'd be much obliged.

Has anyone figured out where exactly you add this on at? I'm looking all over the reward zone page (I'm already a member), and I don't see anything. :\

Don't see it anywhere on the site. What did this cd they sent you look like? I have never gotten a cd in the mail from BB. I will have to look from now on so I don't mistake it for an Aol disk and throw it away.

My birthday is tomorrow!! Can someone clue me in on if I need to go to the store to sign up, come back online to sign up and then go back to buy the game?

I'm actually going to my nearest Best Buy tomorrow (which is usually a half-hour trip) and will sign up and drive twice to get the game. Does this offer work online? If you have answers to these questions, please PM me. I have to go to work :(

Hey, just asked someone who has a month that your interested in join and that it. Going to ask my cousin who's birthday is in Decmeber to join and I can get July (my birthday) and his December. :)

I REALLY hope this is true. I would then have to do a happy dance! My B-Day is in October. I'm going to BB later today, I'll ask them about it when I'm there.

[quote name='oleander']So has anyone actually figured out how (if) you can sign up for this?[/quote]

Yes, more info would be nice since I only have three days to try and get in on this deal.

Hmmm. It costs $10 to join. That means you'd have to spend $300 bucks a year at Best Buy to get your money back in gift certifcates. But if you could get any one game for $20 and say, save ten bucks on a opurchase you may save $40 bucks right there. That would make the sign up fee well worth it.

i assume that the OP was saying it would be cool to have a november birthday because that is when the torrents of new games come out. i dont think that there is any prize for a november birthday other than tons of new game to get at 20$,

also i think you have to sign up for the expansion pak thing instore and then visit the website,

i for one am a little skeptical of this whole thing, best buy said that they want to eliminate the devil customers. and then will give us a brand new 50$ game for 20 $. not likely
once i have some terms and conditions i will see how they plan to not get screwed over.

if it does work out, thanks OP

I HIGHLY doubt this is true if it's more then one game in the month of your birthday. BB would take a monster hit if this was true. Perhaps one game for $20 during the month of your B'day?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Hmmm. It costs $10 to join. That means you'd have to spend $300 bucks a year at Best Buy to get your money back in gift certifcates. But if you could get any one game for $20 and say, save ten bucks on a opurchase you may save $40 bucks right there. That would make the sign up fee well worth it.[/quote]

You can actually make a lot more than that back if you have relatives or friends who shop at Best Buy. The way I work it is if I know someone who is planning to make a decent-sized purchase, I offer to go help them pick out what they need. It's usually computer-related, and so they were going to ask me to help anyway. Then, when they check out, I just have 'em scan my card. I spent the $10 to sign up for Reward Zone, and so far I've gotten like $70+ back from it. I didn't even sign up until this past November or so, so I've got a lot more devilish business to conduct before my membership runs out! :lol:

My parents got a reward zone card when they bought their new TV, and getting a $50 game for $20 would be really cool. My birthday is in July, so I have time to think about it.

I hope this is true. I am in RZ, but i have received no CD as of yet. My birthday is in April. I think th 9.95 would be worth it for the 20 buck game.

I'm sure you won't be able to get Steel Battalion, it'll be exempt somehow. Although getting any of the November releases for $20 would be great. Well-worth the $10 fee. Essentially it'd be like paying $30 for a $50 game, so why not? I'm sure knowing BB you can only get one game for $20 during your bday month, but then again maybe not. If that's the case... whoo boy, look out!

Hey Kev,would you please scan and post all the info (CD and Packaging) that you received??? Also, is Feb the month of your birthday?? Maybe you only get this during the month of your birthday??

well I'm a RZ member and my Bday is in Dec, this seems like a good deal but I'll wait for some confermation before I get to excited.

i'm not familiar with RZ cards but don't they have a barcode/number thing (or a credit card stripe).. so they would probably limit it to one. and i'm sure there is a "no new release" policy too.. but nevertheless. i bet 40 dollar- older 50 dollar games are still fair game..

[quote name='Owen']That sucks since my birthday was at the beginning of the month and now I would have to wait till next year to take advantage of this offer.[/quote]

Me too, that sucks.

To clarify:

It is ONE game for $19.99. It simply says you get a coupon during your birthday month, it does not say if the coupon must be used that month or not. You can sign up any time, not just during your birthday month, sorry for the confusion.

The CD comes in a tri-fold case with a painted hand and the word "Cheat" printed on it. It has some random music, trailers for Battlefield 2 and the Doom 3 Expansion.

The instructions say:

Current Members: Click "Gamer Expansion Pak" at MyRewardZone.com

I'm not yet a member so I can't confirm it's working obviously, I just know I got the disk (two of them actually) mailed to my house.

[quote name='mkelehan']I have a November birthday, but is there a limit of one game?[/quote]

[quote name='kev']To clarify:

It is ONE game for $19.99.[/quote]

One.

bread's done
Back