pete5883

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Get your predictions in!

-Sony shows their Move launch games, everybody laughs
-MS announces Natal's price, everybody laughs
-Nintendo excitedly unveils Vitality Sensor games, everybody laughs

I think we'll be in for some surprises for E3 for sure.

I know for sure that Microsoft is shifting all of its internal resources to the casual market. They will continue with Halo but thats about it, the rest will be the casual stuff all MS 360 fans have been fearing. The price i am betting will be 99.99, but who knows. Wii Fit set a road to success, at one point outselling the PS3 system itself (LTD), so as long as your addon is amazing enough, people WILL buy it. I am buying NATAL day -1. I've heard it comes out late october.

Sony is going to show a ton of sequels, thats for sure. They are also going to be pushing the Move bigtime. I've heard that it will be the majority of the E3 conference. And that we're going to be seeing a lot of stuff that will wow everyone. If you noticed, up until now, sony has shown nothing but outside developer titles, none of their internal stuff or from major third parties (aside from RE5). I expect we'll see a lot of good games shown and a reason to actually want to own the damn thing. Pachter WiiHD Confirmed. I am buying Move day 1 (i have a PSEye already). Very excited to try it out.

Nintendo is going to talk about how they are the best, showing more sales charts then humanly possible. They'll show off the Vitality sensor and have 1, MAYBE 2 good apps for it, and it will be like Wii Motion Plus and be underused. But those 1-2 good games will still sell millions of copies and iwata will laugh, and reggie will yell Pizza Pizza.

I am so excited to see all 3 conferences. My biggest wants from the show:

Microsoft basically throwing all their eggs into the casual basket. Not only would i get a nice laugh from it since MS has 0 clue what casuals actually want, but i'd love to see the hardcore MS fans panic and become freightened.

I want to see a 360 Slim, because i'd love to say i own a reliable xbox at one point in my life.

I'd love for MS to make online gaming free and add more fluff to gold, but i also want nintendo to become third party, so obviously we dont get what we want.

As far as nintendo, i'd like to see a real HD system. Ive tried everything they've offered on the wii so far, and am still disapointed. I just recently got Wii Fit Plus tho, its a fun time waster. I will get Vitality Sensor day 1. Gotta try it. I am open to new experiences, but things like Wii Motion Plus are so underutilized that its sad.

3DS, i read a interview with Iwata that made it sound like the games will all be 3D games instead of 2D to take full advantage of the 3D technology. I consider nintendo the weakest 1st party when it comes to 3D (not eye 3d, third dimensional) amung the big companys, so am curious to see what they end up doing. Not really into portables also, so not much interest.

Sony has been doing fine imo, they keep pumping out quality exclusives and PSN works fine for 99% of people out there. I went to go buy another PS3 and literally sold out everywhere again. Its getting absurd at this point. At E3, i hope we see the official PS2 games on PSN announcement, and a lot of cool Move games. I am buying Move day 1, can't wait to try it out.

I am biased because ive tried basically everything everyone offers and am happiest with sonys approach so far. I hope they keep on trucking. I also hope this gen lasts at least another 3-4 years. These systems (360/ps3) still have a TON of life left through software upgrades.

I will buy the Move on day one, wife and i were on the archery team back in college, the Move got the most precise translation of archery yet. I saw the video of the lady pulling the arrow from her back and releasing her fingers to shoot, man, i got to say, it's freaking cool! So instead of buy the wife a compound bow (which runs $800+), i'm just gonna get a set of Move controllers :lol:

Of course, i will miss the green grass and the small talks when retrieving the arrows and especially the thrill of getting a "Robin Hood" (one arrow penetrates another arrow).

i say sony has a price drop on the psp down to 99.99 for the core and shows videos of the psp 2

Nintendo tells the world they will stop making the DS and only make the DSI and the new 3DS starting this fall and they will drop the DS down to 79 or 99 to clear them out ..

MSFT will stand there with their hand down their pants :)

and someone gets mugged by a pokemon

Nintendo
Vitality Sensor/Wii Fit ++ or whatever it will be bundled with
Legend of Zelda
Metroid Other M
3DS - maybe a Mario game for it.

Sony
PSP2, PSP price drop
Move - SOCOM 4 being played.
Infamous 2,Resistance 3 teasers/trailers
Last Guardian footage
Batman Arkham Asylum 2 gameplay (I'm sure they paid for more exclusive content since it worked out well last time)
Final Fantasy IX "out on PSN today" announcement like 7 last year. - maybe tied into Premium PSN announcement since it was rumored that PSX games would be included in that.

Microsoft
Natal - pricing/bundles
360 slim
Gears 3/Reach
Metal Gear Rising debuts

Hope we finally get to see the new Hitman this year as well.

Activision
-talk about Bungie partnership
-CoD: Black Ops
-Guitar Hero 6
-Tony Hawk: We spent so much on this piece of shit so we have to make another game using it.

EA
Medal of Honor
Dead Space 2
Mirror's Edge 2 (now with Multiplayer)
Madden 11
maybe something about Respawn?

I guarantee that the new Zelda will finally be removed from the stale format it's been in since the N64 days. Since "New Super Mario Wii" made a shit-load of money, I wouldn't put it past them to make a Zelda side-scroller to make it "accessible" to the mainstream. I doubt that it will not be ready (no matter what they do) for a 2010 release.

I think if Sony announces a premium membership with the PSN that could be a huge mistake. I own all three systems, and I'm starting to buy PS3 games because I don't have to pay for the online play with the PS3. If Live and PSN are the same price, I would choose the superior Xbox Live and use that platform.

The new motion controls are too little too late in my opinion. I think the Natal looks cool but I have no clue what they have in store for it. Also, I still can't believe Sony spent five years or more (they said they've worked on them b4 the Wii) on a glowing Wiimote. I think of the Sega CD and 32X when I see these products.

Bring on the 3DS and INNOVATION not Sequels!!!

Nintendo:
-They will spend a majority of the show explaining how they're the market leaders and how they don't need to listen to their fans because they no longer need them
-They'll reveal what the Vitality sensor actually does.. everyone will laugh.
-A new Zelda, built from the ground up for the Wii, just to appease their casual criticism
-A huge focus on more casual games, lots of new add-ons
-Heavy focus on the 3DS, but they won't show the actual system or games, just tech demos

Sony:
-They will reveal new features for the XMB and PSN premium service
-They will concentrate heavily on the Move, nobody will care
-PSP2 will be revealed, showcased alongside GoW: Ghost of Sparta
-Killzone 3, Resistance 3, and inFamous 2 will all be revealed, GT5 will be shown some more
-The Last Guardian will be playable, will be considered by many to be game of the show

MS:
-Natal will be playable, everyone will quickly realize that it doesn't feel right to "play" games using Natal
-Halo Reach will receive a lot of coverage
-A new exclusive game from some 3rd party, probably Capcom or Namco
-Rare will show off a bunch of mediocre games, but Killer Instinct 3 will wow attendees
-A new, redesigned Xbox 360 will be revealed (with promises of being "more reliable"), along with bundled packages with Natal

Others:
-Activision will have multiple sequels to all of their games and over-priced expansion packs
-Sega will woo fans with Sonic 4, but it will ultimately suck
-EA will have nothing interesting, outside of the new Medal of Honor

Vinny sums up everything :)

Do Gears 3 still count for MS, because that's the only thing i'm looking forward to... Let it be story, new footage, art works...

- Microsoft will trot out some big name celebrities who have little if anything to do with gaming, along with some actual developers (the Bungie guys are definitely in for this year).

- Nintendo will show franchise staples (Metroid and Zelda for sure this time around), and will have the most unexpected surprise(s?) out of the three console manufacturers. Reggie will have more stage presence than Cammie.

- Sony will show a lot of games, a wide variety of them. PSP will be downplayed, or even ignored outright.

- Either Microsoft or Sony will say and/or reveal something that will steal the other's thunder. Just heard today about FF Versus XIII possibly going multiplatform, so there might be that.

In other words, the usual, more or less. Personally, I'm looking forward to hearing more about (and seeing) the 3DS at Ninty's conference.

If FFvXIII was going multiplatform, it would be announced at E3 as a surprise. This 'considering' announcement makes me think we're going to be twisting in the wind for another year on that one, at least.

Sony - Non-Move (3/5)
- PSP price cut to $170/$150 (Bundle/Core)
- Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell Conviction coming to PS3 this fall
- FFIX on PSN during the Press Conference
- Man Furismo Jive dated
GT5
- Some kind of big new PSN feature (Cross-Game Voice Chat, NFL Sunday Ticket, or Music Store are what I can see happening)
- Resistance 3 no show

Microsoft - Non-Project Shitbox (4/5)
- Xbox 360 lite, with wireless built-in/HDD
- Current Xbox 360 clearance sale ($50 price cut on older units until gone)
- Gears of War 3 shown, looks like Gears of War

- Dreamcast games coming to Game Room (Pack 1 available when they say it)
- Rare no show

(In case you're wondering why I say non Shitbox/Move, it's very simple. I do not know, I do not care about their shitty motion-control knockoff devices)

Nintendo (0/5 - wow)
- 3DS announced for fall, $199 US dollars
- DS lite/i/XL price cuts ($99/$150/$170)
- Nintendo Live announced, will start in 3DS (put 2 and 2 together on this one, you'll get it)
- Wii Vitality Sensor bundled game announced/shown/dated (Don't know what it'll be called, but it'll be there)
- Retro Studios presents: Zelda Wii
- Golden Sun DS no show

Third Party Crap
- Sonic 4 dated for September, no one cares
- Capcom announces Devil May Cry 5 (spin-off?) from Ninja Theory
- Square dates Final Fantasy XIV beta for PS3, PC
- Konami dates Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
- Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 silently moved to Spring 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingBroly']If FFvXIII was going multiplatform, it would be announced at E3 as a surprise. This 'considering' announcement makes me think we're going to be twisting in the wind for another year on that one, at least.[/QUOTE]
Ah, good point. (Plus Wada's hella good at leaving the fans guessing like that.) I'm still anticipating something on that scale, though.

And I would be very surprised if there isn't a DQIX release date announced at E3, if not sooner, considering that it's supposed to be out this summer.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic'];_;[/QUOTE]

Well to be fair, when the site for Sonic 4 originally launched, it said July 2010. It also said iPhone, but no one but Destructoid picked up on it.

We will all be disappointed and complain. Like this E3 and every E3 before it.

Other then that, not expecting many "surprises."

Nintendo:
ninty.gif

Microsoft:
82442748.gif

Sony:
sony.gif

I got a feeling Harmonix has a shit ton to say about Rock Band 3, especially new features and a sly way to actually teach guitar.

There is also going to be that other developer ??? that is making a new music game that ships with an actual 6 string electric guitar.

The second installment to DJ Hero is going to get played up huge, along with another developer announcing their own DJ game and turntable controller.

I honestly think Nintendo is going to announce a new console, but I don't think it's as simple as an HD Wii.

Natal will finally get a real name...can't imagine what it is going to be. I'm going to guess Mo$hun...lol

I also think MS will announce internet browsing capability for the 360, along with a real MMO for the XBOX as well.

SouljaBoy's game will finally announce a release date

I'm not really channeling much of anything else...except I am sure Green Day will be performing live...lol

[quote name='ShirtSizeXXXLXT']

There is also going to be that other developer ??? that is making a new music game that ships with an actual 6 string electric guitar.
[/QUOTE]
I thought that was just a third party guitar that's compatible with Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

All I want out of this E3 is Medal Of Honor details.

-----

Sony said that they would keep online play free, regardless of any subscriptions.

[quote name='KingBroly']Well to be fair, when the site for Sonic 4 originally launched, it said July 2010. It also said iPhone, but no one but Destructoid picked up on it.[/QUOTE]
Oh, the Sonic community has been picking apart every little leak.

I took it as no one cares about Sonic 4. Which made me sad.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Oh, the Sonic community has been picking apart every little leak.

I took it as no one cares about Sonic 4. Which made me sad.[/QUOTE]

Little leak? The whole game was leaked! There is nothing to hide. It got put up on Partnernet, someone downloaded it, played and recorded it, and put them up on youtube/download sites for all to see.

Ooh didn't put my predictions...

Sony:
inFamous 2
Killzone 3
Gran Turismo 5 will be shown
New Guardian trailer
LBP 2 (demonstration)
Still talk about PSP
No PSP2 shown
No Pay for PSN service shown
Some more PSMove demos

Microsoft:
Natal focused
MAYBE new 360 shown
Gears of War 3 demonstration
Boring Halo Reach footage
New Rare game (w/ one that uses the natal)

Nintendo:
Not showing "new Wii" or Wii2
Show the 3DS, no game footage just discussion
New Zelda teaser
More lame SMG2 footage
Not sure their focus, but something uninteresting

How many of those are predictions and how many of those are 'I know the scoop', Bear? Also, why would Nintendo show SMG2 footage 2 about a month after it's been released?

[quote name='KingBroly']How many of those are predictions and how many of those are 'I know the scoop', Bear?[/QUOTE]
Why would darknessbear know any "scoops," haha.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Tony Hawk Ride II :lol:[/QUOTE]

They've already announced Tony Hawk: Shred.

Sony:
Move games.
InFamous 2.
Resistance 3.
LBP 2
Valkyria Chronicles 2 shown
Gran Turismo shown
Hints of a new PSP are dropped

Microsoft:
360 Slim shown
Gears 3, Halo Reach, Black Ops
Some mega DLC announcement
Natal games
MGS: Rising shown

Nintendo:
Another boring, dreary, awful conference.
Oh, and the new Zelda.

[quote name='KingBroly']How many of those are predictions and how many of those are 'I know the scoop', Bear? Also, why would Nintendo show SMG2 footage 2 about a month after it's been released?[/QUOTE]
lol... what SMG2 is out? I had no idea. Wait no it's not. *Oh, I checked it comes out soon. Had no idea. But I still think they'll show footage. Haha.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Ooh didn't put my predictions...

Sony:
inFamous 2
Killzone 3
New Guardian trailer
LBP 2 (demonstration)
Still talk about PSP
No PSP2 shown
Some more PSMove demos

Microsoft:
Natal focused
MAYBE new 360 shown

Nintendo:
New Zelda teaser
More lame SMG2 footage
Not sure their focus, but something uninteresting[/QUOTE]

This is literally the most likely list.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Ooh didn't put my predictions...

Sony:
inFamous 2
Killzone 3
New Guardian trailer
LBP 2 (demonstration)
Still talk about PSP
No PSP2 shown
Some more PSMove demos

Microsoft:
Natal focused
MAYBE new 360 shown

Nintendo:
New Zelda teaser
Metriod Other M footage
Not sure their focus, but something uninteresting[/QUOTE]

/Corrected

I would say this is the most likely scenario.

Well, seeing the 360 is failing is a guarantee. Sony will show more games but will be disappointing overall because they won't stop updating the damn console and blocking people from PSN or the retail games they purchase.

Frankly Nin is the only company doing things the right way. Between the DS and Wii plus their first party games, they're going to stay in the lead. The problem with E3 is what can they surprise us with? We're already getting a new Mario and Metroid. Perhaps a release date on Zelda? Another classic franchise? I've little interest in a HD version of their console if they annouce that. It won't be different enough than the Wii I have now.

[quote name='DPsx7']Well, seeing the 360 is failing is a guarantee. Sony will show more games but will be disappointing overall because they won't stop updating the damn console and blocking people from PSN or the retail games they purchase.

Frankly Nin is the only company doing things the right way. Between the DS and Wii plus their first party games, they're going to stay in the lead. The problem with E3 is what can they surprise us with? We're already getting a new Mario and Metroid. Perhaps a release date on Zelda? Another classic franchise? I've little interest in a HD version of their console if they annouce that. It won't be different enough than the Wii I have now.[/QUOTE]
lol

[quote name='DPsx7']Well, seeing the 360 is failing is a guarantee. Sony will show more games but will be disappointing overall because they won't stop updating the damn console and blocking people from PSN or the retail games they purchase.

Frankly Nin is the only company doing things the right way. Between the DS and Wii plus their first party games, they're going to stay in the lead. The problem with E3 is what can they surprise us with? We're already getting a new Mario and Metroid. Perhaps a release date on Zelda? Another classic franchise? I've little interest in a HD version of their console if they annouce that. It won't be different enough than the Wii I have now.[/QUOTE]

So from an actual gamer point of view, rather than a stockholder point of view, Nintendo will announce yet another Zelda game and maybe another sequel. AWESOME!

[quote name='KingBroly']Little leak? The whole game was leaked! There is nothing to hide. It got put up on Partnernet, someone downloaded it, played and recorded it, and put them up on youtube/download sites for all to see.[/QUOTE]
Good, grief man. I was referring to your "little leaks"-- the iPhone platform and release date. Which themselves are little leaks.

But yeah, derp derp derp, I didn't know there has been multiple playthroughs of the games leaked online, my name is Friend of Mario, derpa derpa. Derp.

Like always it will be a hit parade. All the interesting super niche crap from Japan will be absent and I'll spend a week or two pissing and moaning about it on GAF. Oh, and that new Zelda will show up too.

[quote name='blitz6speed']i also want nintendo to become third party, so obviously we dont get what we want.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blitz6speed']Sony has been doing fine imo, they keep pumping out quality exclusives and PSN works fine for 99% of people out there. I went to go buy another PS3 and literally sold out everywhere again. Its getting absurd at this point. At E3, i hope we see the official PS2 games on PSN announcement, and a lot of cool Move games. I am buying Move day 1, can't wait to try it out.

I am biased because ive tried basically everything everyone offers and am happiest with sonys approach so far. I hope they keep on trucking. I also hope this gen lasts at least another 3-4 years. These systems (360/ps3) still have a TON of life left through software upgrades.[/QUOTE]

Reverse those two for me, though I do hope Sony at least limps to their third place finish this gen before announcing they're outta the gaming biz.

As for my predictions, since I only own a PS3 currently I'll mention my predictions for Sony's E3:

*Move games shown(some lame video shown showing some asshat playing them and looking like a jackass doing so)
*They crow about their PS3 being 'so powerful'

The End

[quote name='Rodimus']If I see a new console Persona game I'll be happy.[/QUOTE]

At E3? Not a chance. Maybe if we we're talking about TGS, though.

bread's done
Back