Assassin's Creed II (Pre-owned) $18 plus $10 promotional credit!

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Gamestop has Assassin's Creed II (used/pre-owned) for just $18.39 after using code 20PRE. It's available for both PS3 and Xbox 360 and you get a $10 credit towards a future purchase when you buy it!

PS3

Update: Some are questioning whether you get the $10 credit with a used purchase. Well at least for the PS3 version it is specifically advertised on the $10 credit promotion page: http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=847&loc=homeflash2

So I guess it's YMMV on the 360 version

assassinscreed2gs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You sure that $10 code isn't only for when you buy the game new, like all the other 10 & 20 codes they're doing?

[quote name='Maskim']You sure that $10 code isn't only for when you buy the game new, like all the other 10 & 20 codes they're doing?[/QUOTE]

I just used a $10 off code i recieved in a promo email, didnt work online, however they will take it for used games if you call them. (they tell you to place the order, then contact then with the order # to take off $10) Just picked up stranglehold collectors edition used for $2.79 ish shipped. Kind of a hassle, but hey $3 for a game, cant beat that. Or even pick up an older 9.99 game for like a $1 shipped.

Went for it, since I want this game anyway and that's a good price even w/o the credit. I liked this info on the final post-purchase page:

"The packing slip included in each shipment also serves as your receipt and makes a great paper airplane."

I got new one from Walmart coming for $28 and will return it. Even without the $10 code, this is still a great deal at $18.39.

[quote name='outkastx']Wow...

$22.99 - $2.30 EDGE - $20 Code = $0.69 + $2.99 + $0.27 = $3.95 shipped[/QUOTE]

[quote name='radioactivez0r']...$20 code? you mean 20% code?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='outkastx']No, I had a $20 code from a previous GS screw up.[/QUOTE]

wtf. are you now gonna tell us the good news is you saved a bunch on your auto insurance?

Nintendolife.com has an article about ubisoft (specifically about Red Steel 2), that notes that 42% of ubisoft's game sales last year were on the Wii, as opposed to 17% on DS, 12% on PS3 and 8% on Xbox 360. This includes the release of Assassin's Creed 2. I guess that explains the price drop.

EDIT: to clarify, the article was mainly about RS2 meeting their (lowered) expectations (which is a 2010 release), but has an aside that ubisoft also noted the above about last year.

I noticed that Ubisoft has been publishing some shit games for the Wii but I guess they are selling decently.

Aren't all the gameshow wii/ds games theirs? (Family Feud, Price is Right, Press your Luck.)

Just Dance, Raving Rabbids, My Fitness Coach, Petz, and a bunch of other titles are from Ubi so that's not that big of a surprise. I imagine they publish way more games for the Wii (and DS) than they do for the 360 and PS3.

[quote name='Unrealevil']They updated the promotional page. It lists the new price.[/QUOTE]

Actually if you look now the 22.99 price shows for the 360, but not the PS3, lol.

edit: It's likely because used copies sold out for the PS3

assassinscreed2gs2.jpg

[quote name='ssjmichael']Actually if you look now the 22.99 price shows for the 360, but not the PS3, lol.

edit: It's likely because used copies sold out for the PS3

[*IMG]http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/2526/assassinscreed2gs2.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
That would make sense.

Did anyone confirm that you get credit for the used copy?

I picked up the used 360 version for 22.99, and used the UFC contest $10 coupon, plus Edge..so I got this for petty cheap! I am happy. Thanks OP!

It doesn't mention a code like it does for other ones, same for Glory of Heracules and that's only a 13 game. I think certain titles on the page are just on sale and not setup for coupons.

Combined with Edge and UFC coupon mentioned above (thanks mightymek for reminding me!) got it used for $14.50 shipped. Not too shabby!

I just hope they don't balk on the $10 promo code because it's used.

I guess I should have taken the leap of faith that the credit would be applied for the used PS3 version. I had it in my cart and decided to pass at the last moment.

[quote name='jputahraptor']It doesn't mention a code like it does for other ones, same for Glory of Heracules and that's only a 13 game. I think certain titles on the page are just on sale and not setup for coupons.[/QUOTE]

Both the :ps3: and :360: versions show the $10 credit on the page, without specifying new or used.

[quote name='rudiger94949']I just used a $10 off code i recieved in a promo email, didnt work online, however they will take it for used games if you call them. (they tell you to place the order, then contact then with the order # to take off $10) Just picked up stranglehold collectors edition used for $2.79 ish shipped. Kind of a hassle, but hey $3 for a game, cant beat that. Or even pick up an older 9.99 game for like a $1 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the $10 off code for entering the UFC contest? If so, did it work with 20PRE and the $10 credit for future purchase?

thanks

There's really only one way to settle whether you get the $10 credit when buying used -- everything else is speculation.

Has anyone actually received the $10 credit buying a used game yet?

[quote name='rpnguyen']There's really only one way to settle whether you get the $10 credit when buying used -- everything else is speculation.[/QUOTE]

CheapyD himself emailed GameStop and posted confirmation about this in the main $10 credit thread. The answer is yes, you will receive the $10 code when buying a used game.

Quick question...Let's say I buy one of those games. I use the UFC $10 off coupon. Do I still get the $10 code and can I use that $10 code for another game on the list and also get another $10 code?

Hopefully that wasn't confusing

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Quick question...Let's say I buy one of those games. I use the UFC $10 off coupon. Do I still get the $10 code and can I use that $10 code for another game on the list and also get another $10 code?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='illennium']Yes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for answering, now to order some things. Hopefully SSFIV used for PS3 comes back up soon

bread's done
Back