A bit of hostility? Let's crack down....

SpeedFire

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Well I don't post too much here outside of the trading forum, but the occasions I have posted in off topic kind of disgusted me. Some people always seem to have a negative comment, AKA "trolls."

I posted a thread with a link to my forums, didn't know it was against the rules. I immediately get responses with several people saying "SPAM SPAM SPAM!" etc... they easily could just PM a mod and have it closed.

I posted a thread earlier with a pic of a chick with gamepads... it was a funny pic. Responses like "well I heard its a man." I mean comon, way to lie and spoil the fun...

But what has really gotten to me is some of the arse comments in the trading forum. Read the "I have windows xp for sale as well" topic to see what I mean. That was just an outright flame. I really don't care if I am flamed or not, I am just reccomending that we don't allow stuff like that to go on, or these will be viewed as a flame forum and people won't come.

Just my $0.02.

Hope I didn't come off as harsh in my replies in your topic, SF. That said, I've seen the same thing lately in lots of topics as well. I just assume those people have little better to do with their time.

You'd think people would realize the futility of insult, but meh, oh well. Good luck with the XP discs again.

Your replies were civil. Some people are just negative about everything in their replies, they simply reply to troll. Your replies were in concern for other CAGs, which is understandable and I promote. But like I said, I think the trolling needs to stop.

[quote name='SpeedFire']Well I don't post too much here outside of the trading forum, but the occasions I have posted in off topic kind of disgusted me. Some people always seem to have a negative comment, AKA "trolls."

I posted a thread with a link to my forums, didn't know it was against the rules. I immediately get responses with several people saying "SPAM SPAM SPAM!" etc... they easily could just PM a mod and have it closed.

I posted a thread earlier with a pic of a chick with gamepads... it was a funny pic. Responses like "well I heard its a man." I mean comon, way to lie and spoil the fun...

But what has really gotten to me is some of the arse comments in the trading forum. Read the "I have windows xp for sale as well" topic to see what I mean. That was just an outright flame. I really don't care if I am flamed or not, I am just reccomending that we don't allow stuff like that to go on, or these will be viewed as a flame forum and people won't come.

Just my $0.02.[/quote]

Yes its very sad that others like to threadcrap,troll in others trade threads. Hey why not just banned them instead, I mean can it be that hard mods? cause people wont learn, some people are negative by nature

I woudn't propose permanent bans.

From the many other forums I visited, I've seen temporary bans or at least warnings tend to work.

I personally try and avoid trolling myself and troll topics, if I ever do post in a trade topic its because I think the game is good and deserves some positive feedback.

[quote name='SpeedFire']Well I don't post too much here outside of the trading forum, but the occasions I have posted in off topic kind of disgusted me. Some people always seem to have a negative comment, AKA "trolls."[/quote]I don't think you should be "disgusted" by any of the things you say in this post.

[quote name='SpeedFire']I posted a thread with a link to my forums, didn't know it was against the rules. I immediately get responses with several people saying "SPAM SPAM SPAM!" etc... they easily could just PM a mod and have it closed.[/quote]It is spam. It's against the rules. If you don't know the rules, then maybe you should read them.

[quote name='SpeedFire']I posted a thread earlier with a pic of a chick with gamepads... it was a funny pic. Responses like "well I heard its a man." I mean comon, way to lie and spoil the fun...[/quote]It's a joke. It doesn't spoil the fun at all, unless someone was jacking off to the "girls" in the pic.

[quote name='SpeedFire']But what has really gotten to me is some of the arse comments in the trading forum. Read the "I have windows xp for sale as well" topic to see what I mean. That was just an outright flame. I really don't care if I am flamed or not, I am just reccomending that we don't allow stuff like that to go on, or these will be viewed as a flame forum and people won't come.

Just my $0.02.[/quote]You don't have to post here, or trade here. You're getting free advertising to sell or trade your things. People already come to this forum. The flaming isn't that bad. You say you don't care if you're flamed, yet you're "disgusted" by things that are said in this forum, that are really no big deal.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Damn you waffles. Everytime I see your avatar I think it is banky saying something :lol:[/quote]I logged in to the wrong account. I'm not waffles, I'm sj41! :lol:

And my post was really funny, so I can see how you got us confused. :wink:

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='CaseyRyback']Damn you waffles. Everytime I see your avatar I think it is banky saying something :lol:[/quote]I logged in to the wrong account. I'm not waffles, I'm sj41! :lol:

And my post was really funny, so I can see how you got us confused. :wink:[/quote]

It was a very nice post. :applause:

If you are going to have fire sales every day you really should expect a bit of flack from it.

I'd have to agree with Speedy. While I have not seen two of the threads mentioned, the comment in the "Windows XP" thread did seem out of place. There was no need for any namecalling there. Speed merely gave a suggestion to the OP. If he was truly a "greedy asshole" he would've just bought all the copies and sold em on eBay himself to make a profit. I've seen numerous times where "Sell it on eBay, you'll get more for it there" or "You'll probably get more for it on eBay" was said by a range of everyone from new members to moderators. Having traded with SpeedFire twice already with a third trade in the works, I know firsthand that he's not out to rip people off and leech off of CAG.

And if Speed made a mistake in posting against the rules ONE TIME, then so be it. Everyone makes mistakes, no need to dog him out about it. I'm sure everyone here has at least made a mistake at some point in there life. If not, then that "JESUS is overrated" thread is waiting for you to come back and defend yourself.

Basically it's just this: If you don't have something nice to say, either word it in a polite and non-hostile way or don't say it all. It's what seperates forums like this from forums like GameFaqs.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='CaseyRyback']Damn you waffles. Everytime I see your avatar I think it is banky saying something :lol:[/quote]I logged in to the wrong account. I'm not waffles, I'm sj41! :lol:

And my post was really funny, so I can see how you got us confused. :wink:[/quote]

It was a very nice post. :applause:

If you are going to have fire sales every day you really should expect a bit of flack from it.[/quote]

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']:spam:[/quote]

:rofl: Very nice.

And for my own $0.02, I can't help but chuckle at the amount of "too much negativity lets all be friends and hold hands" threads that pop up on CAG. No offense to the OP, but there are jerks everywhere, ya know? Just roll with it.

[quote name='btw1217']I'd have to agree with Speedy. While I have not seen two of the threads mentioned, the comment in the "Windows XP" thread did seem out of place. There was no need for any namecalling there. Speed merely gave a suggestion to the OP. If he was truly a "greedy asshole" he would've just bought all the copies and sold em on eBay himself to make a profit. I've seen numerous times where "Sell it on eBay, you'll get more for it there" or "You'll probably get more for it on eBay" was said by a range of everyone from new members to moderators. Having traded with SpeedFire twice already with a third trade in the works, I know firsthand that he's not out to rip people off and leech off of CAG.

And if Speed made a mistake in posting against the rules ONE TIME, then so be it. Everyone makes mistakes, no need to dog him out about it. I'm sure everyone here has at least made a mistake at some point in there life. If not, then that "JESUS is overrated" thread is waiting for you to come back and defend yourself.

Basically it's just this: If you don't have something nice to say, either word it in a polite and non-hostile way or don't say it all. It's what seperates forums like this from forums like GameFaqs.[/quote]

Thank you! :D

And in reply to WhipSmartBanky: Grow up child....

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']:spam:[/quote]
And for my own $0.02, I can't help but chuckle at the amount of "too much negativity lets all be friends and hold hands" threads that pop up on CAG. No offense to the OP, but there are jerks everywhere, ya know? Just roll with it.[/quote]

The leader of my Devolpment team for a mod called DC realism had a terrific quote.

"There are a lot of jackasses in this world, and most of them have internet connections."

Well, why should we have trolls, negativity, and a all around hostile environment? I know there are assholes, but I'm a nice guy I guess. I'm confidident people can change over time. :wink:

[quote name='SpeedFire']I posted a thread with a link to my forums, didn't know it was against the rules. I immediately get responses with several people saying "SPAM SPAM SPAM!" etc... they easily could just PM a mod and have it closed.[/quote]It is spam. It's against the rules. If you don't know the rules, then maybe you should read them.
.[/quote]

Just because something is against the rules, doesn't make it spam. I did not voluntarily say "Lets spam CAG!" I didn't know posting links to other forums was not allowed. Just because I made a mistake, like all humans do, gives people no right to act like asses, ya know?

Don't get too discouraged just yet. Sometimes, you will get a group of nay-sayers who gang up on you in a particular thread for no good reason. Other times will be completely different. Don't let it get you down though. There are plenty of other issues in life to worry about. When you're here, be happy! :D

[quote name='SpeedFire']I woudn't propose permanent bans.

From the many other forums I visited, I've seen temporary bans or at least warnings tend to work.[/quote]

Yes they do. We banned a person, and they have started behaving themselves.

[quote name='SpeedFire'][quote name='AdamInPlaidum'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']:spam:[/quote]
And for my own $0.02, I can't help but chuckle at the amount of "too much negativity lets all be friends and hold hands" threads that pop up on CAG. No offense to the OP, but there are jerks everywhere, ya know? Just roll with it.[/quote]

The leader of my Devolpment team for a mod called DC realism had a terrific quote.

"There are a lot of jackasses in this world, and most of them have internet connections."

Well, why should we have trolls, negativity, and a all around hostile environment? I know there are assholes, but I'm a nice guy I guess. I'm confidident people can change over time. :wink:[/quote]

My point would be that you made a mistake, but instead of just moving on, and letting everyone forget it, now a bunch of people think you are a whiner. This is an INTERNET FORUM. Get off your high horse.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life'][quote name='SpeedFire']I woudn't propose permanent bans.

From the many other forums I visited, I've seen temporary bans or at least warnings tend to work.[/quote]

Yes they do. We banned a person, and they have started behaving themselves.[/quote]

lol :p

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum'][quote name='SpeedFire'][quote name='AdamInPlaidum'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']:spam:[/quote]

Well, why should we have trolls, negativity, and a all around hostile environment? I know there are assholes, but I'm a nice guy I guess. I'm confidident people can change over time. :wink:[/quote]

My point would be that you made a mistake, but instead of just moving on, and letting everyone forget it, now a bunch of people think you are a whiner. This is an INTERNET FORUM. Get off your high horse.[/quote]

So you're saying its fine to abuse the anonymity of the net?

We shoudn't be teaching people to use the internet as a means to act like asses. If people did stuff like this in real life, they wouldn't last very long..

[quote name='SpeedFire'][quote name='AdamInPlaidum'][quote name='SpeedFire'][quote name='AdamInPlaidum'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']:spam:[/quote]

My point would be that you made a mistake, but instead of just moving on, and letting everyone forget it, now a bunch of people think you are a whiner. This is an INTERNET FORUM. Get off your high horse.[/quote]

So you're saying its fine to abuse the anonymity of the net?

We shoudn't be teaching people to use the internet as a means to act like asses. If people did stuff like this in real life, they wouldn't last very long..[/quote]

I'm saying there's nothing you can do about it. You remind me of Kyle's mom from South Park. You were embarassed, and now think it's your job to "fix" things. Let it go.

[quote name='SpeedFire']Since when is it against the law to voice an opinion to have things change for the better?[/quote]

Look. You did something wrong. You. Not the people who pointed out you did something wrong. You. Whining about that isn't going to change anything.

It's very clear to me that you don't really care what I'm saying, so I'm going to let it go. Seeya.

[quote name='SpeedFire']Since when is it against the law to voice an opinion to have things change for the better?[/quote]

You just defeated your own argument.

[quote name='SpeedFire'][quote name='MorbidAngel4Life'][quote name='SpeedFire']I woudn't propose permanent bans.

Yes they do. We banned a person, and they have started behaving themselves.[/quote]

lol :p[/quote]

Heh.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='SpeedFire']Since when is it against the law to voice an opinion to have things change for the better?[/quote]

You just defeated your own argument.[/quote]

There's a fine line between constructive criticism, which I am providing, and being a troll....

[quote name='SpeedFire'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='SpeedFire']I posted a thread with a link to my forums, didn't know it was against the rules. I immediately get responses with several people saying "SPAM SPAM SPAM!" etc... they easily could just PM a mod and have it closed.[/quote]It is spam. It's against the rules. If you don't know the rules, then maybe you should read them.
.[/quote]

Just because something is against the rules, doesn't make it spam. I did not voluntarily say "Lets spam CAG!" I didn't know posting links to other forums was not allowed. Just because I made a mistake, like all humans do, gives people no right to act like asses, ya know?[/quote]No, it is spam. Unless you had the permission from CheapyD, it is spam. I know, it's horrible and unfair.

[quote name='SpeedFire'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='SpeedFire']Since when is it against the law to voice an opinion to have things change for the better?[/quote]

You just defeated your own argument.[/quote]

There's a fine line between constructive criticism, which I am providing, and being a troll....[/quote]

Which is completely subjective. So just ingnore the comments you don't like or flame them back, but don't start a "things need to change" thread because you came across something you didn't like.

The only place I would agree with you are in the deal threads, but that is a different story which still needs to be addressed by Cheapy.

[quote name='SpeedFire']So you're saying its fine to abuse the anonymity of the net?[/quote]It should be. It's not illegal to call someone a name on the internet. They can do whatever they want.

[quote name='SpeedFire']We shoudn't be teaching people to use the internet as a means to act like asses. If people did stuff like this in real life, they wouldn't last very long..[/quote]It's not real life. It's the internet. Nobody cares if they were called an asshole on this board. Did it hurt your feelings when you were called that?

If Cheapy banned some assholes, then more would take their place, it's the circle of the internet. Just roll with it and take it all in stride. If you show that your offended then they win, so get over with it and ignore them.

If you want people to know the link to your forum, put it in your sig. It's an easy way to get around the rules.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']If Cheapy banned some assholes, then more would take their place, it's the circle of the internet. Just roll with it and take it all in stride. If you show that your offended then they win, so get over with it and ignore them.

If you want people to know the link to your forum, put it in your sig. It's an easy way to get around the rules.[/quote]

Or ask permission to post it. Odds are the answer will be yes as long as consideration is given first.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']If Cheapy banned some assholes, then more would take their place, it's the circle of the internet. Just roll with it and take it all in stride. If you show that your offended then they win, so get over with it and ignore them.

If you want people to know the link to your forum, put it in your sig. It's an easy way to get around the rules.[/quote]

Or ask permission to post it. Odds are the answer will be yes as long as consideration is given first.[/quote]

Yeah, it's easy to get a Yes from him if you ask.

[quote name='thagoat']since when does every comment have to be "positive". i think someone's been watchin Dr. Phil.[/quote]

Well to be honest, he didn't really seem to care at all until someone flammed the hell out of him.

It was a pretty damn good flame btw. :lol:

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Damn you waffles. Everytime I see your avatar I think it is banky saying something :lol:[/quote]

Me too but then I see the pea shooters and laugh.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']If Cheapy banned some assholes, then more would take their place, it's the circle of the internet. Just roll with it and take it all in stride. If you show that your offended then they win, so get over with it and ignore them.

:applause: :applause:

Very well said as well as what waffles, err I mean sj41, or was it Skittles jr., no wait I got it was master baiter. Err....I'm so confused now :?

I've experienced this negativity also. I have accidentally posted in the wrong forum. It's my fault when I do it, but not intentional. There is no need for some of the forum "know it alls", as I like to call them, to be so nasty. I post on here very RARELY and some of you have 1000's of posts, but that doesn't make you perfect. For those of you that are cordial, thanks. For those of you that aren't, get a life.

Alot of the negative posters on here don't have lives, other than being on here and wouldn't have the balls to say half of the shit they say to your face.

[quote name='mmercer131']Alot of the negative posters on here don't have lives, other than being on here and wouldn't have the balls to say half of the shit they say to your face.[/quote]

A lot of stupid people don't know that "alot" isn't a word.

How's that for negative. :twisted: :wink:

Typical prick who wouldn't have the balls to say it to my face. Amazing how some of you get so fucking brave when you're sitting at the safety of your computer with your dick in your hand whacking off to great videogame deals.

[quote name='mmercer131']Typical prick who wouldn't have the balls to say it to my face. Amazing how some of you get so shaq-fuing brave when you're sitting at the safety of your computer with your dick in your hand whacking off to great videogame deals.[/quote]

I'd say it to your face you freaking girly-man.

You know what else I'd say? Both you and speedirfe need to grow a nutsack and drop your testicles. God forbid anybody's feelings should get hurt. Some of you whiny crybabies NEED to be called onto the carpet for saying some ridiculously stupid things, creating stupid topics and constantly spewing stupid 'feel-good' solutions. Most of the time a harsh comment was solicited by saying something dumb in the first place, ever think about that?

If we're going to get all high and mighty about banning the bad mouthers, then we need to ban the stupid people first.

[quote name='mmercer131']I've experienced this negativity also. I have accidentally posted in the wrong forum. It's my fault when I do it, but not intentional. There is no need for some of the forum "know it alls", as I like to call them, to be so nasty. I post on here very RARELY and some of you have 1000's of posts, but that doesn't make you perfect. For those of you that are cordial, thanks. For those of you that aren't, get a life.[/quote]
[quote name='mmercer131']Alot of the negative posters on here don't have lives, other than being on here and wouldn't have the balls to say half of the shit they say to your face.[/quote]

It's like two different people talking. The first is calm and assertive, the second is brash and sounds just as rude as the people he criticizes.

If you don't like what someone says, ignore it. Does it matter whether or not they'd say it to your face? No. Not unless you plan on finding him and confronting him about it. This is the internet for God's sake. Quit taking it so seriously.

To quote Rollins, "If someone holds out a pile of shit, you don't have to take it. Just say, "fuck you" and move on."

bread's done
Back