- - - - -

XBLA price drops Braid (800pts), Cloning Clyde (400pts) & 3 on 3 NHL Arcade (400pts

#31 VideoGamesIzFun   Legalize it CAGiversary!   1016 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

VideoGamesIzFun

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:13 PM

About time! They need price drops on 90% of XBL DLC. Seriously who is going to play for Ghost Recon DLC and PGR3 DLC

#32 CaptainJoel   Justice Lord CAGiversary!   14903 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:14 PM

Good to see permanent price drops! Hopefully this will be the start of me getting an XBLA library to rival my huge PSN library.

#33 Gimgak   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:17 PM

Looks nice, I remember playing the cloning Clyde demo and had a lot of fun with it, nice platformer. Once I finish Manhattan project I'll probably get it.

#34 Frosty The Batman   10 years of backlog building CAGiversary!   1643 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Frosty The Batman

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:52 PM

I almost bought NHL 3-on-3 on Monday. I'm so glad I didn't. Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna check out Clyde as well.

~~~

#35 YodaEXE   Wark! CAGiversary!   1326 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:56 PM

Suppose it's time for me to get Braid and Clyde now. Thanks OP.

#36 GlassAgate   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   436 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

GlassAgate

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:33 PM

Cloning Clyde was one of the first XBLA games that I played. I enjoyed the demo,
but I felt that $10 was too much. When I saw that it was now $5, it was an "instant
buy"!

Since we're talking about new additions, how's about adding Metal Slug 3? Either
that, or make it the DOTW, in the coming weeks. For $5, it would be an...
"instant buy"!

#37 George Ash   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

George Ash

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:36 PM

Sweet, I got the Cloning Clyde demo years ago and have wanted it ever since, never really acquired all the points for it though. But now I'll definitely go get it... soon...

Thanks, dude! :)

#38 sleepydumbdude   MASHED POTATOES!! CAGiversary!   2053 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

sleepydumbdude

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:45 PM

Might pick up Cloning Clyde after I got some points left over when I get my next card.

#39 msdmoney   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2846 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:46 PM

Permanent XBLA price drops? Bout time. MS needs to take a cue from Valve and get going with more big sales and permanent price drops if they want XBLA to grow.

Agreed, it's about time they show some price flexibility on XBLA games to push older titles

#40 dmz5e   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:17 AM

i will be getting 3 on 3 arcade then.

thanks folks.

GO FLYERS! :)

YESSS! Gagne is my hero.. Always has been, always will be.

Anyway, does anyone know if this will be happening for PSN for braid and 3 on 3 Arcade? I'd rather pick those up on PS3

#41 manasteel88   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

manasteel88

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:21 AM

I know the style of the 3 on 3 Hockey is similar to Hitz, but how does it really play? i.e. are the controls good, how difficult is the CPU, etc etc. Cause my buddies and I played the crap out of Hitz.

doesn't the game have a free demo?

#42 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   62999 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:10 AM

I wonder what three games they'll drop next year.

The 12th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Contest Now Live - Enter Before 3/17! 

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#43 kevinnn316  

kevinnn316

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:20 AM

sweet ive been holding out on 3 on 3 arcade looks like its paid off

how long may i ask :D
Posted Image

#44 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:24 AM

This is the first time in like a year they've done this, right?

I'm surprised Penny Arcade 1 didn't permanently drop to 1200 since that's what it costs on PSN.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#45 The Holy Pretzle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1828 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

The Holy Pretzle

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:43 AM

I'd really love to jump on that Clyde game, but apparently the next Bad Company 2 co-op mode Onslaught will be paid DLC (that's right; the VIP code won't cover it) so I gotta keep my points for that or I'll have to spend $20 to get 1600 points and have spares again.

#46 MrNEWZ   Newzbytes~! CAGiversary!   4919 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:49 AM

Picked up 3 on 3 when it was a Deal of the Week and it's definitely worth $5.

Braid if you don't own it--- buy it.

Probably will grab Clyde which I never grabbed.
-Michael

Posted Image

#47 Moltres423   Not easy being meaty CAGiversary!   480 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Moltres423

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:26 AM

Tried cloning clyde, reminded me alot of splosion man,could see myself getting it when i get extra points.

Tried braid and I enjoyed it quite a bit, I just don't like games that are 'impossible' to lose at; I can rewind a million times to get it right with no consequence. It's what drew me away from lego star wars and it drew me away from that unfortunately... unless the time travel power gets gimped later on?

I tend to avoid sports games so I didn't try the nhl one.. thoughts?

#48 Sgt Barone   CAG 4 Life CAGiversary!   1987 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:32 AM

finally Braid is 800! i have 1000 in my account and was waiting for something worthy. SOLD!
<p>Here's to a great year of gaming in 2015 :beer:

#49 madcyantist   Impulsive Buyer CAGiversary!   792 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

madcyantist

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:41 AM

Good news. Probably pick up all 3 here soon.

#50 shieryda   Opus Eponymous CAGiversary!   9250 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:27 PM

It's about fucking time that Cloning Clyde dropped. I've been waiting for that game forever.

#51 Yanksfan   Cubs Fan Too :( CAGiversary!   5389 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:15 PM

I can testify that Braid and Cloning Clyde are both well worth it. I paid full price for both when they launched and loved them both.

I am going to pick up NHL. It looks like a lot of fun, but I had so many XBLA games, I couldn't justify dropping $10 on it.

#52 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21690 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:39 PM

I'll definitely be picking up Braid at that price at some point, but I've got so much on my plate right now that I'm not able to play enough as it is, that I'm in no hurry. Maybe they'll be a DOTD cutting it even lower eventually.

#53 Skydude   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   480 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:55 PM

Finally, hope this is the start of a trend. So is there anything else on XBLM aside from these and the Crackdown DLC that ever got a permanent price drop, or are these four things it?

#54 JK-C   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:07 PM

I dunno... Am I the only person who thinks XBLA games should RARELY be sold for over 800 points? I mean, really, besides original games with a LOT of content (Shadow Complex), isn't it kind of gross? Especially Penny Arcade, geez...

Or maybe I'm just a cheapass.

#55 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21690 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:28 PM

All XBLA games should be free. And they should all have higher production values and more content then RDR and BF:BC2. Oh and you should get a free puppy with every download.

But, yeah, there's a bunch of overpriced stuff there... and other stuff that isn't.

#56 msdmoney   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2846 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:43 PM

I dunno... Am I the only person who thinks XBLA games should RARELY be sold for over 800 points? I mean, really, besides original games with a LOT of content (Shadow Complex), isn't it kind of gross? Especially Penny Arcade, geez...

Or maybe I'm just a cheapass.

No, there is no reason to artificially limit the price of games on xbla. Gamers think they are limiting an inevitable slippery slope increase in the game prices by complaining about games that are more than 800 pts, when what they will really end up limiting is the the scope and variety of the content offered on xbla.

I think Microsoft has created a perception problem about what downloadable content is on xbla. The early positioning and branding of xbla with mainly retro revivals and small popcap games combined with early file size limits and a rigid pricing structure, has put them in an awkward marketing position as downloadable games expand in scope. I don't think you have these same issues on the PS3 which much earlier blurred the lines between full retail games and downloadable games, by offering "full" game releases sooner on PSN. Likewise on Steam everything is downloadable, so there is no overall perception of what downloadable content should be priced at, in the end gamers decide with their wallet.

#57 JK-C   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

I think Microsoft has created a perception problem about what downloadable content is on xbla. The early positioning and branding of xbla with mainly retro revivals and small popcap games combined with early file size limits and a rigid pricing structure, has put them in an awkward marketing position as downloadable games expand in scope. I don't think you have these same issues on the PS3 which much earlier blurred the lines between full retail games and downloadable games, by offering "full" game releases sooner on PSN. Likewise on Steam everything is downloadable, so there is no overall perception of what downloadable content should be priced at, in the end gamers decide with their wallet.

Okay, I can go along with your reasoning there. There is a perception problem for sure. Since Steam has such a wide variety of price ranges, I don't feel like some games are artificially inflated in price just to stay in line with some weird pre-established heirarchy. Since its a more reasonable market based sales model, prices tend to be far more well balanced.

Still, I honestly don't think a re-release should (generally) cost as much as a new product. I definitely don't want to stifle creative endeavors on a smaller scale (more old school RPGs please!), I just think there should be more flexibility on the pricing.

#58 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   779 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:44 AM

Then next games that should get a price drop are the Penny Arcade ones. Especially since they announced that there will be no further games in the series. Both have been available in a $15 two-pack on PSN for awhile.

#59 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16051 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:33 AM

Got NHL 3 on 3 and it's kinda lame if you like real hockey.

There's also a HUGE advantage if your opponent has 3 players or even 2 and you're with 2 AIs.

I think this will be more of a 2 on 2 party game with friends for me. 3 on 1 sucks.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#60 Organ Donor   Watch his Bull Charge! CAGiversary!   1262 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Organ Donor

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:13 AM

I recommend Braid for sure at that price.

card.png