CONTEST: Design a logo for CAG, win games!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Winners!

Serious Logo Winner: Flak Beard: (1) $50 game (and 1 more if I use the logo)
album_thumbnail.php

Joko Logo Winner (1) $20 game
album_thumbnail.php

I'll get this on the front page tomorrow.

Congratulations to the winners and a big thanks to everyone who took the time to create a logo.
Now that we have this neat gallery, we can have more graphic related contests and run them much more efficiently. :oops:

Check out the finalists here:
Serious Entries
Joke Entries

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Best design gets a free game (up to $50) of their choice.
2) If I wind up using the logo, you get 2 free games (up to $100 total) of your choice.
3) Funniest "joke" design will get a free game of their choice (up to $20).

If a winning logo is chosen to be CAG's official logo, game prize(s) awarded will be considered payment for services rendered and logo will be the property of CheapAssGamer.com. I will give you authorship credit for the design, of course!
Terms of contest are subject to change.

Joke Entries
I apologize if your logo is posted here at it wasn't meant to be a joke.
Sometimes its hard to tell. :wink: No offence intended.
Logos do not reflect the views/opinions of CheapAssGamer.com (I'm looking in your direction, evilmax17)

By tmbgman:
cheapasslogo.JPG

By Lord Raptor:
cheapass2.jpg

By Aliens:
aliens.jpg

By doggbizkit00:
doggbizkit00.jpg

By Gothic Walrus:
gothicwalrus.jpg

By Blookie
flying_CAG_vinny.jpg

By bjkrautk
bjkrautk.jpg

By BlueStorm7813
BlueStorm7813.jpg

By BuuGieWuuGie (www.cag.com ?)
BuuGieWuuGie.gif

By evilmax17
evilmax171.bmp

By evilmax17
evilmax17-2.bmp

By Stryder
Stryder.bmp

By Werewolf
Werewolf.jpg

By zitron
zitron.jpg

[quote name='CheapyD']I will hold off posting the "serious" designs until the submission deadline, but I will start posting the joke designs as soon as they come in. [/quote]

I was going to pass on this one, but expect a Micholangeo's David made in paintbrush from me in a few days. Its gonna rock hardkore.

[quote name='punqsux']are you deciding or are we going to have a poll when u narrow say the top 3?[/quote]

I will have a poll to help me judge, but ultimately, I will make the final decisions.

I had to travel to Savannah, GA on business recently and I saw a chain of gas stations in that area called EL CHEAPO. When I saw their logo it reminded me of CheapAssGamer. The logo was a cartoony donkey and its hind legs were kicking and bucking a big dollar sign. It was so funny. That logo would be perfect for CAG because a donkey is an "ass". haha!

[quote name='CaboWabo']I had to travel to Savannah, GA on business recently and I saw a chain of gas stations in that area called EL CHEAPO. When I saw their logo it reminded me of CheapAssGamer. The logo was a cartoony donkey and its hind legs were kicking and bucking a big dollar sign. It was so funny. That logo would be perfect for CAG because a donkey is an "ass". haha![/quote]

Hrm... Thats actually a great idea.

*Wouldnt be surprised if that idea won*

hmm well there goes the thing im working on now, hahaha

its gunna be sweet tho, ill post it here when i finish just so everyone can see, so its not so much in nein =o)

No copyright, that mean no game characters? Cause like every gaming related site uses game characters in their banners.

120x60? That's this size:

cag_spec.gif

I know you said it can be a little bigger though. If this is for business cards or sigs, I can understand. But I was assuming a front page or forum logo?

(Sorry that you're getting barraged with questions. ha)

[quote name='osh kosh biotch']120x60? That's this size:

cag_spec.gif

I know you said it can be a little bigger though. If this is for business cards or sigs, I can understand. But I was assuming a front page or forum logo?[/quote]

Yes, it can be bigger, but should not really big like a banner. It does not need to be that shape, it can be round or whatever...

My thinking is that the logo will be placed the top right hand corner of the front page.

[quote name='demonryu']No copyright, that mean no game characters? Cause like every gaming related site uses game characters in their banners.[/quote]
I'm sure my lawyer would not approve. She's tough!

As long as you are answering questions...

Would an animated gif be acceptable, or do you want something that could also be printed on cheapass business cards and cheapass stationery? (Not to mention cheapass T-shirts)

[quote name='guessed']As long as you are answering questions...

Would an animated gif be acceptable, or do you want something that could also be printed on cheapass business cards and cheapass stationery? (Not to mention cheapass T-shirts)[/quote]

I'd prefer a non-animated logo.

Is it okay if we scale up the 120x60 dimensions? If I make one, I'd like to do it larger, but have it so it can be scaled down if need be.

[quote name='Anonymous']Is it okay if we scale up the 120x60 dimensions? If I make one, I'd like to do it larger, but have it so it can be scaled down if need be.[/quote]

Absolutely...the 120x60 is just a guideline.

Is the email that you had up before ok to send entries in, or do we need to resend them to the new email address?

I don't mean to take anyone's idea, but I think the donkey logo is a great idea and I will try to design one with my ultra-limited computer graphics skills. It probably won't even be that good but I just wanna give it a shot without anyone getting mad at me for taking their idea....
Is this OK? :?

Sure thing, but I get the free game. Haha!

I couldn't find the exact EL CHEAPO Gas Station logo, but here's a pic of a donkey kicking. Make one like it and make it kick a big $dollar sign.

images

I have the perfect idea for a small logo, but I'll need time to put it together. When is the deadline?

If you mentioned it already, I'm sorry I overlooked it.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']What does links, green titles, and white text mean?[/quote]

Those are just the colors used on the front page.

Early preview:

cag.jpg

That's what the background color Cheapy posted looks like, I might change it as it doesn't seem to fit the site colors very well. But it's getting there.

[quote name='evilmax17']Here are two Joke Submission's I whipped up last night.

CAGBest.gif

CAGB.gif

-evilmax17[/quote]

geocities doesnt allow remote image hosting, use www.photobucket.com ...thats what i use, esp. for my deadjournal

If I'm reading the contest right, a winner could potentiallyl win 3 (possibly 4) games!

1 for best design
2 for using your logo
1 for being funny (if that's what you want to accomplish with the logo)

Sounds like fun!

bread's done
Back