SMG 2/Green Day Rock Band/Other Games - Gamestop Gift Credit UPDATE!

chuckstaton

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys
I just wanted to let everyone know that I preordered Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Green Day Rock Band on Gamestop.com because SMG2 came with a $20 gift card promo, and GDRB had a $10 gift card promo. Today I found out a very disappointing fact:
I have garnished two $10 gift credits from Gamestop today from similar deals (buying New Super Mario Bros comes with a $10 gift credit).

Two Facts They Made Clear:
1. These gift credits only work online
2. They do not work with any other coupon code

Fact They Did Not Make Clear:
3. Multiple gift credits DO NOT WORK in the same transaction!

In other words, if you preordered Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $50 and Green Day Rock Band for $60, expecting to get $30 back in gift credit to be used on a future order, you will get that much - except you cannot use them with each other. You have to spend them in separate transactions, and in BOTH transactions you cannot use ANY other coupon code (including free shipping).
I thought everyone should have a chance to cancel their preorders if need be - this deal sucks for people who have been excited about Gamestop's bonuses and have been preordering a few new games. I definitely canceled my SMG2 preorder.

Welcome to the party, pal. A bit late with the info since anyone that has ordered from GS already knows this, especially if they follow the GS threads. But I was able to use one of my $10 codes + SAVER (free shipping) to get NSMB today. You are also posting this in the wrong forum. This thread is only for deals, not for ranting and raving. Don't mean to be rude but next time use the search or at least post this in one of the GS threads.

100% disagree with you, old friend.
I've been hunting deals for a looooong time and I've never seen as many gift credit bundles on Gamestop.com as I have recently - especially for preorders.

Here's where I originally got my info:
Super Mario Galaxy 2:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259665&highlight=galaxy
and
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260505&highlight=galaxy

Green Day Rock Band:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262067&highlight=green

Any mention of the fact that they these preorder $10 codes can only be used once per transaction in the original posts?
No. There's not.
SO it's obviously not "old news" to the people who actually posted the deals I'm commenting on.
THEREFORE it is not presented to the people reading those about those deals, and it is not made clear on the Gamestop website whatsoever.
On top of that, I know I could have just posted on those threads about this, but they're so old that I doubted anyone was paying attention to them (which is true, seeing on how long ago they've last been commented on) and this would be a better way to present this NEW fact (in terms of CAGers posting about these preorders - this is not previously mentioned).

Not a rant or a rave. This is a PREVIOUSLY UNEXPLAINED part of two deals on preorders that are CURRENTLY ACTIVE. I'm not ranting or raving, I'm completing the explanation of what you get with the deals - which was NOT posted in the original deal.

Thanks though! :)

bread's done
Back