Killzone 3 General Discussion & Info - Out NOW

Darknyss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
4668555007_48c386124e_b.jpg

Release date: February 22, 2011

[quote name='SCEE']Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has confirmed the return of its iconic first person shooter, Killzone®, to PlayStation®3 [PS3™]. Bringing back the trademark ferocious action on a grand scale, Killzone®3 is an explosive cinematic experience more intense than ever before. Loaded with more vehicles, explosive high powered weapons and a vicious close-combat system, resume the fight against a remorseless Helghast Army of colossal proportions. This is David vs. Goliath…if Goliath had thousands of troops and a thermonuclear arsenal.The story begins where Killzone®2 left off, with Visari, the vicious Helghast dictator, lying dead at the feet of Special Forces soldiers Sev and Rico. The battle may have been won but the war is far from over. Visari’s death has left behind a world of political scheming, infighting and outright murder. Meanwhile his parting gift, a nuclear bomb detonated in Phyruss, the Helghan Capital, has decimated the ISA invasion force. With no re-enforcements and supplies quickly running out, you must now fight against ruthless Helghast war machine alone.

An epic cinematic war experience
With levels ten times bigger than in Killzone 2, this is Helghan like you’ve never seen it before. You’ll face brutal combat in a host of environments that threaten to bury you on the deadly planet. Killzone 3 will see you trudge through toxic nuclear wastelands, get lost in a lethal alien jungle, fight in bitter arctic conditions and take the battle into space as you fight against Helghast domination – with every location featuring a distinct gameplay style for you to master.

Be at the centre of the action
Killzone 3 will be fully playable in Stereoscopic 3D, immersing you more deeply into the ferocious world and putting you at the heart of the action. But be careful. While you experience this world in incredible, High Definition, Stereoscopic 3D detail – you’ll learn to fear what’s around every single corner.

Take on an even more vicious Helghast army
The Helghast are back and they’re bigger and fiercer than you’ve ever seen them. From Jetpack troopers to enemies wielding portable weapons of mass destruction, your enemies will be tougher, scarier and equipped with a host of new toys in their quest for destruction.[/QUOTE]

Eurogamer Hands-on impressions
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/killzone-3-hands-on

IGN impressions
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1092173p1.html

Joystiq impressions
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/27/guerilla-demos-killzone-3-promises-a-more-epic-varied-experien/

Rumors from CVG (UNCONFIRMED)
Sony has internally set a release date for Killzone 3 of May 2011, CVG has learnt.

A source close to the platform holder's European HQ sneaked the news to CVG this morning.

They also reaffirmed that the title will be compatible with PlayStation Move - and revealed that the game will feature more than one online co-op mode.

"Guerilla is working on a standard two-player, co-op - as you'd expect - but there's also an objective-based separate four-player co-op mode in the works, too," said our source.

"I've also been told that there will be vehicles in the online multiplayer - but I haven't seen that for myself yet."

SCREENSHOTS

(5/25/10)
killzone-3-20100524073011786.jpg
killzone-3-20100524073014348.jpg
killzone-3-20100524073016942.jpg

(5/28/10)
4668613097_6d71789eec_b.jpg
4668613017_15eec8bdbc_b.jpg
4668612991_108ec8d726_b.jpg
4668612957_0d4bafab4a_b.jpg
4668612927_2be7fec19d_b.jpg
4668612849_91cf82aa8e_b.jpg

(6/4/10)
4668613115_90d5052320_b.jpg
4668612869_91f2b4f26a_b.jpg

VIDEOS

(5/27/10) PS Blog Developer Interview
[youtube]AbsuM2_FFkU[/youtube]

(5/28/10) Offscreen Gameplay (from PS Blog Interview)
[youtube]r2XifhwALSE[/youtube]

(6/4/10) Teaser Trailer
[youtube]G7ULrlnCzlI[/youtube]

(6/12/10) E3 2010 Gameplay Trailer
[YOUTUBE]ZIuFDV4SQ8w[/YOUTUBE]

(6/16/10) Gamespot E3 2010 Stage Demo (14 mins of gameplay)

(7/14/10) FirstPlay Magazine Killzone 3 Preview
[YOUTUBE]Lg3BuX5mpDE[/YOUTUBE]

(1/6/11) Killzone 3 Story Trailer
[youtube]P5ORTIHfBWQ[/youtube]

BOX ART

5352984375_de3cf09eab.jpg

HELGHAST EDITION

5120817577_08c707415c.jpg

The Killzone 3 Helghast Edition ($129.99) is a must-have for the fans. This one-of-a-kind set features a collectible replica of a Helghast Helmet containing an art book, Super Voucher (see below for contents) and the Killzone 3 game with bonus content. Also included is an exclusive Cloaking Helghast Marksman action figure created by DC Unlimited, that will not be sold anywhere else.
Features
  • Authentic Helghast Helmet replica opens to reveal art book, Super Voucher and Killzone 3 game.
  • Exclusive Cloaking Helghast Marksman action figure is 6.5” tall with multiple articulation points and will not be sold at retail
  • Includes bonus video content giving you a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the game.
  • Exclusive art book featuring imagery from the Killzone universe
  • Super Voucher includes
  • Killzone 3 soundtrack and PS3 Dynamic Theme
  • Retro Map Pack featuring two of the most popular multiplayer maps from Killzone 2
  • Double XP for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay
  • Full access to all weapons and abilities during the first 24 hours of multiplayer
    gameplay

PRE-ORDER BONUSES

GameStop – Guerrilla Pack
Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive a GameStop Exclusive PSN code unlocking all multiplayer weapons and abilities for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2.

Best Buy – Fast Starter Pack
Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive a BestBuy Exclusive PSN code allowing you to rank up faster, as you earn experience points at double the normal rate for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2.

Amazon.com – Unlock and Load Pack
Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive an Amazon.com Exclusive PSN code and get instant access to 3 Unlock Points to use on the weapon or ability of your choice and get the early edge in Killzone 3 Multiplayer. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2.

All other participating retailers – Retro Pack
Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive an exclusive PSN code giving you the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2. Also receive an exclusive PlayStation 3 Dynamic Theme.

RETRO MAPS
[quote name='Killzone.com']As we announced back in November of last year, the Retro Pack is available as part of the Collector’s and Helghast Editions of Killzone 3, or as a pre-order bonus for the standard edition (through participating retailers). It consists of two classic Killzone 2 multiplayer maps, thoroughly updated and reworked for Killzone 3’s multiplayer mode.

These are the two maps included with the Retro Pack:

SALAMUN MARKET
Game Type: Warzone (24 Players)
Description:
One of the largest maps from Killzone 2, Salamun Market has been re-balanced for maximum Killzone 3 carnage. After the Helghast ambush an ISA convoy on its main road, the whole market becomes a Warzone. Nostalgia meets brand-new Exoskeleton combat on this classic multiplayer map!

BLOOD GRACHT
Game Type: Guerrilla Warfare (16 Players)
Description:
Months after the nuclear blast that ruined most of the city, Blood Gracht is slowly being reclaimed by Helghan’s strange plant life. But when Guerrilla Warfare breaks out between ISA and Helghast troops, the canals once again run red with blood. The fan-favorite multiplayer map from Killzone 2 makes a triumphant return![/quote]
>>>Retro Map Pack detailsMP Open Beta detailsSP Demo detailsClick Here

Last edited by a moderator:
when I saw that there were hands on impressions, I was thinking that the game might get released late this year.

The way that the helghast is controlling the jet pack makes me feel like those controls would tie in good with the move's controls... two handle bars, two move controllers, then using the move to control the jet pack.... could be fun

I wonder if they will push back the release date as often as they did for KZ2.
Either way, I'm definitely looking forward to this!

Lol, why are they ramping up the melee system? What, was the one-shot kills from knifing not enough? I played halfway through KZ2 just rush knifing EVERYTHING before getting bored and selling it.

[quote name='dallow']First teaser trailer:
Looks best in HD.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Added to OP along with other stuff I hadn't gotten around to adding.

[quote name='zestyboy0']I wonder if they will push back the release date as often as they did for KZ2.
Either way, I'm definitely looking forward to this![/QUOTE]

they had to build an engine from the ground up for the first one, not this time. it'll come out feb/march 2011

Anyone know how well KZ2 actually did in sales? It was a heavily hyped game, but it seems like I remember it under performing a bit in sales. If I am correct, I wonder what makes them think this one will sell better? They are already hyping it as a flagship title.

My most anticipated game! The last part of that trailer with the blown up ship flying out of control reminded me of Uncharted 2's trailer at the end (train sequence).

That latest trailer looked fantastic. I'm sure I'll be buying this day 1, assuming I'm not broke/homeless/dead/its not after 2012

I hope there's a "Get a Jacket, You Idiot" trophy which you earn by getting dying from hypothermia.

Unless those soldiers are pumped full of anti-freeze, then it'd totally make sense.

I just went to Best buy and watched TV in 3D... it was really nice... makes me look forward to some 3D gaming.

So, for the 3D aspect of the game (as well as the selected few from PSN). How does it work? Do we need a totally new 3D TV or can we just buy the glasses with infra red adapters? The glasses are basically transitional lens triggered by the infra red transmitter. The ones used in movie theater don't need the infra red transmitters.

The home 3D glasses with transmitters are selling for $150 a set (which came with TWO pairs). I'm not into the 3D trend, but i've to say that watching 3D movies in the theater is expensive, $16 for adults and $13 for kids? Crazy...

[quote name='Serpentor']So, for the 3D aspect of the game (as well as the selected few from PSN). How does it work? Do we need a totally new 3D TV or can we just buy the glasses with infra red adapters? The glasses are basically transitional lens triggered by the infra red transmitter. The ones used in movie theater don't need the infra red transmitters.

The home 3D glasses with transmitters are selling for $150 a set (which came with TWO pairs). I'm not into the 3D trend, but i've to say that watching 3D movies in the theater is expensive, $16 for adults and $13 for kids? Crazy...[/QUOTE]
Depends on what TV you have right now. Many DLPs released over the past 3 years can handle all 3D signals with adapters. Not all (home) 3D glasses are IR based either.

So can you play this game without 3d? If you can only play in 3d that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard.

[quote name='Mr. 420']So can you play this game without 3d? If you can only play in 3d that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard.[/QUOTE]
It is fully playable without 3D.

From what I've read, the 3D looks really good though and enhances the experience.

Isn't the move going to give an unfair advantage to people who have it over people who have a dualshock? If its as precise as they say then it looks like online gaming is going to get fairly annoying in the future with some major balancing issues in the move games where some people are just using a dualshock. It kind of pisses me off just thinking about it. This is why accessories like this suck when they don't launch with the system.

[quote name='Mr. 420']Isn't the move going to give an unfair advantage to people who have it over people who have a dualshock? If its as precise as they say then it looks like online gaming is going to get fairly annoying in the future with some major balancing issues in the move games where some people are just using a dualshock. It kind of pisses me off just thinking about it. This is why accessories like this suck when they don't launch with the system.[/QUOTE]
That's sort of the point of Move. It should be more precise. I doubt Sony sees it as a problem since it makes their peripheral more desirable.

Besides, kb + mouse support for all games is possible anyway.

I have a feeling the game will be very similar to Killzone 2, but with different environments/a couple different weapons/a couple different enemies. I suspect there won't be many big changes to the actual gameplay.

probably won't be... but I really really hope that they'd allow for custom control schemes.. somtimes you have to allow people to enjoy the game the way that they want to. If MW2 has great gameplay and a great control scheme... then allow people to experience the game in that manner. The control schemes that the developer offered were horrible.

Confirmed: 4 player objective-based co-op will be in KZ3!

Ugh, they lied.

[quote name='CVG']On-console PS3 show FirstPlay has issued a correction regarding this week's Killzone 3 preview.

It reads: "Unfortunately the Killzone 3 preview contains a piece of erroneous information about a four-player co-op mode which isn't present in the game. It was something that had been rumoured that we mistakenly picked up on as fact. Apologies for that, especially to Guerrilla for whom this has been an annoyance."

So there you have it. It's still a darn spiffing preview, though.

The latest version of FirstPlay is available now on PlayStation store.[/QUOTE]

[youtube]Lg3BuX5mpDE[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lokizz']you never know they could be keeping 4 player coop out for dlc later.[/QUOTE]

I would be surprised at that, considering 4-player co op in a DLC package is probably asking a lot.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']But, don't you need to be in PS+ to get in the beta even if you download the theme? I posted a story about it last week.[/QUOTE]
Yes, the theme will only available for PS+ members.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The theme is live people! I just downloaded it. It's been up for 30 mins at most now[/QUOTE]

fingers crossed man. i was searching for it on psn after i saw they had updated the sony blog was able to get it before the site fully updated. itd be cool to get in on the beta.

I wasn't concerned leading up to today because I was mostly betting on there being fewer than 5,000 US Plus members lol, but when I DL'd it there were already ~1500 ratings for the theme, and not everyone rates what they DL/buy so I imagine it's close to, if not over the 5,000 mark already.

[quote name='Malik112099']Just got a Killzone 3 beta invite in my email. Anyone else get one?[/QUOTE]

Can you possibly post what the email stated ? thanks

JUST DONT POST YOU CODE LOL

[quote name='Malik112099']Also, I'm not a PSN+ member and I didn't download the theme.[/QUOTE]

You got my hopes up, but sadly I didn't get in :cry:

So I guess that confirms that it's not just Plus members then. Did you put your email address down at Killzone's official site Malik?

bread's done
Back