Battle-Cars (PSN) - 50% Off Through June 15

Psyonix-DavidB

CAG Veteran
Hey CAGs,

Wanted to let you guys and gals know that we're having a sale on our self-published, flagship title, Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars on PSN.

From May 25, (that's today) through June 15, 2010 you can download Battle-Cars for only $4.99!

Hope to see some of you guys online.

-Cheers

efql28.jpg

[quote name='Fighterspledge']I guess I can scrounge up 5 bucks to support the indie developers.[/QUOTE]

Much obliged, amigo! ;)

Great game! It is a blast playing 4-player split screen with friends. Played a few hours one night, as everyone was addicted and we couldn't put it down. Plus, we are all soccer fanatics :D

woot woot! nice to get the info before the PSN update rolls out (unless this isn't in conjunction with that) Definitely going to check this out!

[quote name='mtxbass1']I could have sworn this has been on sale before several times on PSN. What am I getting it confused with?[/QUOTE]

Nothing, you're right.

[quote name='mtxbass1']How many more times is this going to go on sale? They ran this back in late October.[/QUOTE]

The game has gone on sale two times now. And yes, we did run a sale back in Oct. to mark the game's 1-year anniversary.

As to how many more times it goes on sale, I can't answer that. We could just keep it at full price, but where would the fun be in that?

[quote name='Psyonix-DavidB']The game has gone on sale two times now. And yes, we did run a sale back in Oct. to mark the game's 1-year anniversary.

As to how many more times it goes on sale, I can't answer that. We could just keep it at full price, but where would the fun be in that?[/QUOTE]

Just out of pure curiosity. Did you see any sales spike when you lowered the price to $9.99 (and since then)? Was it up to you, or your publisher to set your initial price point(s)?

[quote name='mtxbass1']How many more times is this going to go on sale? They ran this back in late October.[/QUOTE]

Are you seriously complaining about the number of times a game goes on sale on a website titled "cheapassgamer"?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Just out of pure curiosity. Did you see any sales spike when you lowered the price to $9.99 (and since then)? Was it up to you, or your publisher to set your initial price point(s)?[/QUOTE]

Good question.

If you plan your price drops and/or sales right, there will almost always be an increase in sales numbers. However, those numbers need to be significant enough to justify the price drop or sale for which you are running.

A majority of the time it's either MS or Sony that sets the initial price of the game based on what they feel it is worth and obviously, the platform your title is being released on (sometimes both). I believe with NoA, the publisher is allowed to set their own price. I could be mistaken.

This sale for instance...our idea (well, mine really >:3 ), but hey, a sale is a sale, right? We have a great core-group of gamers that have practically been playing the game since it hit and ever since the community has been steadily growing. But its always nice to find a reason to have a sale and introduce new players to a game that they might have overlooked - it isn't always easy to find games through the PS Store, amirite? So, in this instance, the World Cup was used as an excuse to have a sale.
You can usually find us on our forums and online playing with the community. There was a bit of a lull while we moved into our new office, but we're jumping back into the game more frequently now.

-Hope to see you online :D

[quote name='cycophuk']Are you seriously complaining about the number of times a game goes on sale on a website titled "cheapassgamer"?[/QUOTE]
Ha ha! Well played, sir, well played.:applause:

[quote name='bredbu']just bought this ill try it out tonight see how it is[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Welcome to the family.

My advice is to play the single-player mini games first. They serve as a great tutorial to the game and unlock both trophies and battle-cars too!

Feel free to stop by our forums and introduce yourself. Maybe find some new buds to play with. But, be sure to bring your quick wit as there's a lot of sarcasm flying around the boards. ;)

Picking this up based on the the CAG recommendations. The fact we have an advocate for the game in the CAG community doesn't hurt either.

[quote name='Psyonix-DavidB']My advice is to play the single-player mini games first. They serve as a great tutorial to the game and unlock both trophies and battle-cars too!

Feel free to stop by our forums and introduce yourself. Maybe find some new buds to play with. But, be sure to bring your quick wit as there's a lot of sarcasm flying around the boards. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks! for the cant-say-no pricing.
Hope the sale yields some fine results for you.
I first became aware of this based on it being
one of the most difficult on the PSN to 100%.
Will definitely grab later this evening when I sign in.

[quote name='52club']Picking this up based on the the CAG recommendations. The fact we have an advocate for the game in the CAG community doesn't hurt either.[/QUOTE]

+1

I didn't know about this game till now, but I just bought it. I played a game demo similar to it on Steam (giant ball into a goal) and it was super fun. Downloading now!

[quote name='x9248']+1

I didn't know about this game till now, but I just bought it. I played a game demo similar to it on Steam (giant ball into a goal) and it was super fun. Downloading now![/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, we saw that one. What was it called again? I'm not asking to be an arse, I really forgot.
I just tried searching for it on Steam, but couldn't find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to be lazy (ok I'm being lazy) but are there any reviews or videos for this thing? As cool as the picture is, that doesn't justify my $5, nor does the little paragraph snippit that the PS3 store allows. :/

Just wanted to give a quick recommendation for the game. All of us at the office play the game on a regular basis and love it. It is much deeper than your average cart or soccer game and actually has a lot of tactics built into it that makes it never get old. Plus, I challenge any one to beat the second to last challenge in your first five tries. The wind alone will doom you.

(Cheap Plug) The only thing better than this game is if we could make swag for their next game. Action figures, statues, coffee mugs etc. Looks into the camera and says PLEASE! ;)

Was called Zero Gears I believe.

This game is above and beyond my expectations. 4vs4 is super fun! Sadly more players play in the Unranked matches, I dunno why they do but sadly stats and trophy unlocking won't count.

I'm going to get this game because of the developer (I believe that him/her posting) seems pretty darn awesome! I'm going to support them even if I haven't heard of the game yet, nor if I even have interest in it. From what i understand, it is a worthy investment anyways.

My five year old son loves this game. We play split screen on the same team. It's a lot of fun with frantic action and sudden changes in momentum. There are a lot of clever design touches. I especially appreciate the fact that a near miss goal shot can quickly turn into a breakaway for the other team. All the maps are clever, but they're certainly not equal. I love the look of the pirate ship, but it's a tough one to play.

I imagine some players are good enough at rocket flight to use it during a match, but I'll never be one. I usually only use it to try to get back on the ground after being knocked across the arena. All in all, highly recommended.

[quote name='x9248']Was called Zero Gears I believe.[/QUOTE]
Only thing I can find is a PC game called Zero Gear, which is different...

[quote name='Unrealevil']Only thing I can find is a PC game called Zero Gear, which is different...[/QUOTE]

Naturally. But in terms of Soccer they both got it.

[quote name='x9248']Naturally. But in terms of Soccer they both got it.[/QUOTE]
It sounded like you were saying this game used to be called Zero Gears.

I bought it the week it first came out and have enjoyed the game every minute I've played. I hope this sale brings in new people, because it's sometimes hard to get a game goin.

[quote name='callmewoof']Not to be lazy (ok I'm being lazy) but are there any reviews or videos for this thing? As cool as the picture is, that doesn't justify my $5, nor does the little paragraph snippit that the PS3 store allows. :/[/QUOTE]

Very, very lazy... ;)

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/supersonicacrobatic

I don't like this blrub from IGN: "I fear they may have spent too long with the game and made it just a bit too difficult for someone to pick up and play right off the bat." since it would be for me and the kids.

But still, I'll probably buy it for $5.

wow Psyonix-Adam sold me on this game just because he is a member of both CAG and PS3trophies websites. That sort of dedication shows a real gamer enthusiast and I wish more game creators had that sort of drive and love of their creations. Definately buying this for $5. Thanx!

I've had the demo on my PS3 for a while, tons of fun. I just needed the incentive to get a PSN pre-paid card, and now I have it. Looking forward to playing this week.

[quote name='TheFa1thful']I'm going to get this game because of the developer (I believe that him/her posting) seems pretty darn awesome! I'm going to support them even if I haven't heard of the game yet, nor if I even have interest in it. From what i understand, it is a worthy investment anyways.[/QUOTE]

Why thank you. We try. :3

[quote name='Symbiote Studios']Just wanted to give a quick recommendation for the game. All of us at the office play the game on a regular basis and love it. It is much deeper than your average cart or soccer game and actually has a lot of tactics built into it that makes it never get old. Plus, I challenge any one to beat the second to last challenge in your first five tries. The wind alone will doom you.

(Cheap Plug) The only thing better than this game is if we could make swag for their next game. Action figures, statues, coffee mugs etc. Looks into the camera and says PLEASE! ;)[/QUOTE]

That's BA! Thanks for the support guys! If you guys happen to make it out to Comic-Con you'll have to hit me up and perhaps we can get a little Psyonix/Symbiote friendly competition going at our office.
Not promising anything, but it's a possibility. :D

[quote name='io']Very, very lazy... ;)

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/supersonicacrobatic

I don't like this blrub from IGN: "I fear they may have spent too long with the game and made it just a bit too difficult for someone to pick up and play right off the bat." since it would be for me and the kids.

But still, I'll probably buy it for $5.[/QUOTE]

Don't let some of the reviews fool ya'. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, you should really spend some time playing the SP mini-games as they act as a tutorial to prepare you for the MP and online aspect of the game. Before joining Psyonix I used to handle PR for them (PR not marketing [in before some of you say "well you didn't do a very good job, because I haven't heard of the game until now, etc."]) and a lot of the reviewers didn't spend much time playing the mini-games to understand that like any other 'sports' game you can't just go in and expect to kick some serious @$$, you have to train.

And while you guys train you should throw on some good ol' 80's montage music. :mrgreen:

[quote name='Velo214']wow Psyonix-Adam sold me on this game just because he is a member of both CAG and PS3trophies websites. That sort of dedication shows a real gamer enthusiast and I wish more game creators had that sort of drive and love of their creations. Definately buying this for $5. Thanx!
[/QUOTE]

We no longer have an Adam working here.
Uh-oh, I think I just slipped up...umm sorry to break the bad news, Adam.

No, I'm only kidding. ;)

If you see Adam on the field, be warned, that kid can fly and shoot goals like nobody's business!

Last edited by a moderator:
Psyonix-DavidB, I'm not going to lie, I am in no way in the market for this game, I already have a huge backlog of PSN and disc based games. However, your involvement on this site, and the fact that this is undoubtedly a great deal, has sold me. I'll be buying this sometime before the weeks end.

[quote name='Tgebbs']Psyonix-DavidB, I'm not going to lie, I am in no way in the market for this game, I already have a huge backlog of PSN and disc based games. However, your involvement on this site, and the fact that this is undoubtedly a great deal, has sold me. I'll be buying this sometime before the weeks end.[/QUOTE]

Right on, thanks Tgebbs!
Yeah, I am HUGE on game deals myself and have a major backlog of games to play too. I own something in the neighborhood of 700+ games for all sorts of different consoles and handhelds.

Not to rep any other games, but right now I am thinking about snaggin' Glory of Heracles (DS) on Amazon for $10.99 and when you buy it Amazon gives you a $10 credit toward a future purchase and a $5 MP3 credit too, but I have to find something else to add to my cart to reach $25 so I can get the Free Super Saver Shipping. LOL
I'm such a sucker for a good videogame deal.

bread's done
Back