Edge: Natal will be $150 in US

[quote name='Metalic']My limit is $60. same as a game. $100 is really pushing it. $150, Guaranteeing its failure.[/QUOTE]

co-signed

$150 really waters down my already slight interest. It would take a hell of a lot of quality core games with full Natal support for me to pay that much, and I really don't see that happening.

Really ?? Honestly who would purchase this ?

ohhhh wait I forgot we had ignorant 6 and 8 year olds wanting a different experience that doesnt need a controller ( pshh dumbasses )

That's...atrocious.

I think I'll just go buy a Wii with that $150, instead of spending $210 just to use it with something.

I'd go $99 w/ a killer-app game & solid game support.

Any higher and I'd probably avoid it - expecting failure. Hardware add-on's need to be cheap and well supported....or they flop.

[quote name='Pucker']I'd go $99 w/ a killer-app game & solid game support.

Any higher and I'd probably avoid it - expecting failure. Hardware add-on's need to be cheap and well supported....or they flop.[/QUOTE]

x2 on that i really hope that it comes with a AAA title at the very least still though.

[quote name='Pucker']I'd go $99 w/ a killer-app game & solid game support.

Any higher and I'd probably avoid it - expecting failure. Hardware add-on's need to be cheap and well supported....or they flop.[/QUOTE]Absolutely my feelings on it. I would love to have something fun to mess around with like Natal, but a price like this would probably just limit me to demoing it at Best Buy every once in awhile.

EDIT- Just looked at the poll results. 27 against. 0 for. Hopefully this source isn't right, otherwise there might be some boo's at the Natal press conference.

Clearly everyone is forgetting the dashboard control feature that Natal will enable. Can't wait to flip through the dashboard with my hands! Day one!

I already spent $ on a Wii, that I barely use, won't be spending more $ to give my 360 some Wii abilities. Pass till they cut that price in half, and then pass on that till someone has a serious sale or bundles it with something. I think it should just be free to be honest, but yeah I'd pay $50ish if it came with a serious game or just to play with some new features. $150 is laughable.

That's a bit much.

For me to buy it at all, I need:
1) proof that it performs well.
2) a list of decent supported games.
3) proof of future support and games.

Unless all that criteria is met, it's probably going to be too much to be worthwhile.

[quote name='Guerrilla']That's a bit much.

For me to buy it at all, I need:
1) proof that it performs well.
2) a list of decent supported games.
3) proof of future support and games.

Unless all that criteria is met, it's probably going to be too much to be worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree if this price point is true it will turn off many gamers who were considering purchasing Natal.

[quote name='Jek Porkins']Clearly everyone is forgetting the dashboard control feature that Natal will enable. Can't wait to flip through the dashboard with my hands! Day one![/QUOTE]
LOL. Controlling your TV screen like Minority Report = confirmed.

Yeah, not if they're not touting any of the games. They're focusing too much on the mechanics and not at all on the mechanics' purpose.

How have they gotten this far into the dev cycle without even announcing games?
Shit, even Sega VR had titles lined up ...

At $150, the only way it will work is if ALL future Xbxox 360's come packed with it and ALL future Xbox 360 games use it. Otherwise there will be little reason to buy one. And that always spells fail with consoles. I.E. Sega CD and 32X.

I have my doubts that pricing is accurate. I would hope they couldn't be that stupid, but you never know.

If it works flawlessly and really lives up to the poential it could have, I'd drop 100 on it - no more. We know the odds of that happening are highly unlikely.

Gosh , I hope this thing crashes and burns. It annoys me that Microsoft is betting the farm that everyone is going to go gaga over Natal. Gaming accessories usually suck, and I don't like the idea of having to wave my arms around to play. Plus, I have nerve damage in one arm so Natal sounds painful for me. Just give us quality games instead, Microsoft!!!

I'd bet $ this is a controlled leak from Microsoft to test the waters on its price point. A sweet spot for this would be $79.99 with one full game or 3 XBLA games.

LOL at the poll (65-0 as of this post).

I doubt I'd but this thing if it was $50. I'm not getting conned again like with the Wii - I need to see some AAA games that take full advantage of the hardware before I'll even consider it. If it looks tacked on (like 95% of Wii games) then I'll definitely pass.

I would pay $150 if the games and support were top notch, but let's be honest, even if this thing works, it'll be a while before people start making useful games.

I would pay in the $60-$80 range, if it works. However, I am still reserving myself until I get a chance to try it. If it works, I'm down. I still think some games can really benefit from something like this. Of course, I have no intention of replacing my controller with the natal or using the natal with every game. I also don't want another chunk of hardware laying around collecting dust. I have the Xbox vision camera or whatever it is and there hasn't been didly squat for that (good thing I got it for free, I only used it in RS: Vegas for the achievement). I think the natal has potential, and I don't understand all the hate... I highly doubt any major game titles would dream of switching from controller based to motion based.

I appreciate the fact that Microsoft is trying something different. One can only hope it really is better than Wii's terrible controllers. If they give us some fun games for parties and such, that would be awesome. My other issue is going to be setup. I want to be able to start it up and play, I don't want to have to set up each person's movements for 3-4 minutes a person before you can start playing either.

I am anxious to try it... but not at $150.

I would say that I really hope this wouldn't be true, but I'm not entirely sure that I would want it even if it were priced reasonably.

Holy crap, only $150 to see the bottom of my avatar's shoe? I would have paid double for that feature alone!

But seriously, so much for the supposed low price it was supposed to release at. I can't see myself paying more than $80-90 for this, and this is considering that most games in Canada release at $70 (and thankfully starting to lower to the US price).

I don't even want it for free, nevermind $150. I remember hearing that it was going to be $200, so at least they are fucking you for $50 less now!!

Am I the only one waiting till you see a bundle with this drop to like 30 like Ive been seeing the DJ heroes and guitar hero and tony hawk games been doing lately? Plus I doubt this will get much more support than sony Eye which is a good camera, too bad theres nothing good to do with it. If they were smart, they would produce about 1000 just to sell to the hardcore early adapters and just end it there. Maybe 20 years from now it will be a collectable like that running pad for the NES.

If they do launch it at 150, I'd guess we'll see a 50 dollar price drop in under 6 months.

Going off a post partway up the page, I'm trying to think of what games actually used the XBL Vision camera in a good way. There were not many. Burnout Paradise was great between license pictures and "you just got fucked up, we're sending a picture of your face to the guy who fucked you up," I think one of the Command & Conquer games had a "gloating period" for the winner of a round. Uno was ok for laughs once in a while.

That's all I can think of, although someone else may have stuff I forgot.

Companies just don't learn from history when it comes to non-standard/add-on peripherals. Goofy motion controllers, cameras, CD-ROM drives, whatever...they never catch on like companies seem to think they will.

Someday, someone will get it right, which is why I MS is trying I suppose. I just don't think this is going to be the exception to the rule at this point.

I would be suprised if it was $150. Also, not sure this is a real leak considering they haven't learned the real name. You think all the real people in the know, would know what the name is going to be.

This is a bad move if true. The reason motion control was a big success with the Wii is because gamers and developers don't have a choice, it is the system's default controller. Peripherals in general have low attach rates even when they are cheap. That cost of $150 is going be a huge hurdle when it comes to getting the thing into peoples' homes.
Another hurdle is that few developers want to spend the time and money to make sure their game has support for something many people don't have. Hell they don't even want to do it for peripherals with good attach rates. Look at the Wii MotionPlus. There is, at least, 17 million units (based on Wii Sport Resort sales figures) in homes out there but there has been only a handful of games that support it and only two games that use it exclusively (Wii Sports Resort and Red Steel 2).

I voted "no", but really I wanted to vote "will wait and see if it's a success". I don't want to put out $150 only to have the add-on flop. I like the concept, but at $150, and with it not shipping in the box with all 360 systems by default, I don't see this going anywhere.

Two did now. As others have said, I might bite at $100 with a game. Well at least I think that's a good price point for it to come out, but still would wait for a deal of some kind.

i would get it if
- it works
- i will be able to use it at my place(it's small so i would like to know if it will work)
- it comes with at least one big game. it would be nice if MS would give away with every Natal cam a free new Natal exclusive game on a disc like new Viva Pinata or somethin and additional voucher for some xbla party games(those small party titles would really benefit from xbox live/psn)
- they would show and announce at least 5-6 Natal exclusive titles i would be interested in. i don't give a damn about "Natal enhanced" games like Fable 3 where you can do waggle with a Natal or just push a button. i want controller free games.
- there will be some meaningful use of it outside of gaming(i would love to see some Picture in Picture cross-game chat),

look into the big picture here. yeah 150$ for cam and a game is a lot, but if it works well you don't have to buy additional controllers to play some party game and from what we heard so far developers are very positive about this thing and there will be huge support for it.

if you though about picking up Natal/Move just for yourself then yeah, 150$ is way too much, but again who's getting those controller to play by yourself? if you're picking it up mainly as another party game besides Rockband/Guitar Hero: Whatever then this is fairly cheap.

if it will work in my place i would get it for 150$ like i said - especially if MS will price it the same for europe too and release few interesting party games. i won't be clusterfucked by accessories at my place and let's be honest, RockBand/Guitar Hero titles are not budget priced games(200+$ in my country for version with one guitar, drums and microphone and that's after pricecut since new entries in those series usually costs here same as new xbox360 elite).

bread's done
Back