World of Warcraft CAG Guild?

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hey guys, I just finished finals and jumped back on the WoW train; however not only am I extremely out of shape but my entire guild jumped ship. I've joined CAG teams from Halo 3 to Guild Wars and I've always had a great time. Is there any kind of WoW CAG guild? I used search and couldn't find anything. Sorry if it's right in front of my face!

I have a level 71 warrior on Stormreaver but if there's a big group of you guys on a different server I would be more than happy to transfer or create an alt. Thanks.

I need a reason to hop back on the WoW bandwagon, brother. The game just...draaaaags. It'd be nice to see if there's a group of CAGfaces on a server. Not really feeling paying $25 to transfer a character over, though. May just make an alt.

If you decide you want to transfer a character over, and there IS indeed a CAG guild, just hope to god that they're the same faction.

I've got Catacylsm LE on pre-order, though I'm not exactly sure why. I don't really see the logic in playing WoW, but I lurv it. :/ Blizzard is a mind wizard, man.

But yeah...CAG guild. If there's one way to make WoW 100x better than it is, it'd be that.

Edit: You know, I post something, and it's just the fact that it says Apr 2010 that bothers me. Me being me, of course I waited till then to sign up. I've got 7 years worth of community integration to make up for! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
We should all try to get something together then. Maybe a voting session of some kind are in order?

ex. Horde or Alliance?
PvP or RP Server

I think the easiest way would be for everyone to start out a new character and try to level as best we can before Cataclysm comes out. I know everyone hates leveling alts but honestly if we have a good group of people then I'm sure it would be fun. Now if someone already has a level 80, it would be nice in case we need help with certain quests or instances. My highest is like I said only 71.

Start talking and we'll see what we can do.

(and for the record I vote PvP server and could care less what faction)

I and a bunch of my friends play Horde on Dragonmaw (PvP). Feel free to hit me up if I'm on, usually on my warrior, Zomgtank, or my druid, Odir.

I've been contemplating getting back into WoW, after quitting in August. I've got a couple 80 paladins and warlock and druid at 70+ on Baelgun-H.

I'd be interested in starting an alt somewhere, preferably Horde, but I'd be ok playing alliance. However, when Cataclysm hits, I will be rerolling Tauren Paladin.

Just my personal opinion, but wouldn't it be better to hop onto a server that none of us actually have a character on? Gets rid of the "Pick this server since I already have a character" problem that always comes up.

Aaaand then we'll run into the problem of who gets to be the guild leader, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Now for Verizon FiOS to actually install internet at my house....

Problem with a cag guild is everyone plays their main guys which are probablly spread across servers and some on alliance and some on horde. Doubt anyone is going to pay to switch servers and pay to switch sides just for a guild.

got into wow about a month ago and would be interested in starting a new character for this guild if it's ever started. I'm a level 40 tankadin right now. Want to try DPS for my next character.

i've been away from wow for like 3 months now guild i'm in all took a break at the same time. i'm slowly trying to come back, i'm not trying to gear up my characters really before cata. i have an 80 druid/hunter/pally that were toc geared, and an 80 warrior i never really geared, and of course the usual alts.

yesterday was the first time i've played in awhile ran a random dungeon on an alt 72 shaman. if enough people went for it its possible to have a decent guild, but from my experiances with message boards most of these guilds die out after a few months.

Id be interested in a cag guild like the op i am on Stormreaver i am on horde side have a 80 dk and a 76 warrior. I am usually on the dk loraunt so send me a whisper.

I was thinking of getting back into WoW. All my characters are on Gurubashi though. I have an 80 Rogue and 80 DK.

[quote name='Ernest_360']I was thinking of getting back into WoW. All my characters are on Gurubashi though. I have an 80 Rogue and 80 DK.[/QUOTE]

nice i was on gurubashi too before i moved to quel'dorei to play with friends.

[quote name='elixe']nice i was on gurubashi too before i moved to quel'dorei to play with friends.[/QUOTE] I loved the gurubashi pre-made Alterac Valley battlegrounds way back before they had the battleground finder. It was always so much fun. "Raid Leader> OK everyone listen up! This is a gurubashi pre-made! Groups 1 and 2 cap towers, 3 and 4 kill the general, etc." I can't tell you how many of those I played on.

I'd love to play with CAGs when I get back into WoW! I can't even remember how to play, so I suppose I'd be starting a new character anyway. :s

My vote is horde.

While it's a generalization, in general (thus the term "generalization"), I think we'd have a better, more fun, more mature time as a horde guild.

I don't know *why* that is and have no proof, but... sure does seem that way.

Generally whichever population there is least of on a given server is going to be a better experience ("better" being relative), although there are trade offs and exceptions I suppose.

Hrmm, I'd be tempted to join a CAG guild but I don't want to move any of my existing characters.

Of course, in the true spirit of Cheap Ass Gaming, we could all go cheap and roll Death Knights on a server together, and then try to steamroll through as much content as possible. XD

Did Blizz change the DK rules? When Wrath first came out it was only one DK per server in which you already had a level 60 (I think?) character or higher. Can you create a DK on a server where you don't have any characters at all?

Yeah, they did change the rules.

What's wrong with us all starting out at level 1?? I can't remember how to play any of my high-level characters anyway. :S So many Goddamn buttons in this game.

It's almost impossible for everyone to be happy if we do decide to do this. Some will want Alliance, some will want Horde. Shit, if we can't decide, someone should just go make a "CAG Alliance" guild (Double meaning!), and the Horde side can have a "CAG IMA RAPE YEH" guild.

If we get the ball rolling, I feel like people are going to be sneaky and say "Let's do this server, I don't have a character on it", and if that ends up being the server we pick, they'll go "Lololol dis is meh 80 inv me!"

Yeah, there is really no way to objectively pick a server if everyone has a few 80s already established. Draw straws?

What if we look at servers based on population and community and stuff? Regardless of whom has a character on it or not.

I think it would be the most fun if we all started at level 1.

Are we looking for something high pop or low pop? I always prefer PvP for the simple reason of raiding South Shore to gank all the noobs. Glorious.

I quit WoW (for the 3rd or 4th time) about a year ago. I'm currently playing EQ2 with some old friends from EQ. I'm dual-boxing in EQ2 atm, but I've thought about canceling my 2nd account and firing back up my WoW account instead. However, I don't have the time to be ultra serious with either game atm. EQ2 is very casual friendly, and I enjoy that, but WoW is all about the gear score these days.

As long as the CAG WoW guild isn't going to be hard core, I'm game. I have several characters on Khadgar, horde side, but I'm not opposed to rolling elsewhere.

I have never been a hardcore player. In fact, the farthest I have ever gone is gearing up with Heroics and that is it. I think I have done maybe one raid? If I roll again, I would probably pick a class that heals. I had DPS with my rogue and TANKED with my DK (I never could get into my druid or my warlock). Healing would be fun. I'll probably roll pally and dual spec with DPS as well. Though, to level up I would use DPS until 80, then switch. These days its so easy to get pretty decent epic gear by running heroics and purchasing with badges. I would like to try a raid once though with a real guild. Not a hugely organized thing, but just to give it a shot.

Yeah, good call--I'm not looking to be serious or hardcore either, just to have fun.

I suppose we'll be divided as to low- or high-pop. My personal preference is to be on the low-pop side of a high-pop server. Seems to foster the best community. But if we have each other, maybe it doesn't matter what the rest of the community is like.

I'd probably go priest or rogue as those are the two that I have the most experience with. However, if I do go priest again, I may just transfer mine over. I've leveled up 2 now (sold my first account when I swore I would never come back to the game. leveled up a new priest when I did come back.) and I'm not keen on leveling one up for the 3rd time. I have no idea how priest healing is these days though. When I quit playing a year ago, priests were kind of being phased out of their healing jobs by Healadins and Trees.

When I played last December on the Blizz "one week free promo" I noticed that most priests are shadow dps. Though occasionally I did run into a healing priest on my numerous heroic dungeon runs.

One thing I've been thinking of: Is there ANY logical way to decide who the Guild Leader would be? We don't want it to be some moron who's going to abuse power and kick out anyone he/she doesn't like, but we don't want it a guy who's going to be strict and be a douchebag either.

I second the Playing For Fun aspect of WoW. I do that for every game. I think playing hardcore, out to win 24/7 is ridiculous and takes away the fun of the game. In an ideal environment, our guild will be people who are laid-back and make the game enjoyable as a group for everyone. Just hoping over here that we won't have anyone that'll rush people/attempt to lead and be strict about stuff.

Lay back, talk to us, play the game, and just...chill.

Well I for one have 0 interest in running it. The thing that caused me to quit WoW the last time and the time that I sold my 1st account was because I was Guild Leader of raiding guilds both times. I was selected by my friends to run the guild both times and both times it ruined the game for me. It's not fun when it becomes a job and you spend most of your time ironing out pety arguements between players.

That's a big part in why I enjoy EQ2 atm. It is more casual friendly, but I have 0 responsibility in the guild that I am in. I can login and enjoy the game.

[quote name='Lokki']Well I for one have 0 interest in running it. The thing that caused me to quit WoW the last time and the time that I sold my 1st account was because I was Guild Leader of raiding guilds both times. I was selected by my friends to run the guild both times and both times it ruined the game for me. It's not fun when it becomes a job and you spend most of your time ironing out pety arguements between players. [/QUOTE]

I'm hoping that can be avoided by having it just be CAGs in the guild. We all seem to a nice, logical group of people, at least from what i've seen.

Just...if you have a problem with someone or something, talk about it rationally. Whisper the person, or ask if someone can help you out for a second. Don't bitch about it and get on everyone's nerves. I really need a reason to jump back into it, and am just hoping it can be as least frustrating as possible.

I would be interested if the CAG guild is formed. I had an account but that was a long assed time ago... could restart one up and join as a friend of someone so we get double exp if wanted.

I would also be interested in CAG guild. However I'm a very casual WoW player. The highest I ever got was lvl 40. It would be great if everyone started a new character.

CAG Clans rarely work... Cheap Ass Gamers are too lazy and don't play often so it ends up falling apart. Just speaking from past experiences.

Well, if we don't pick a server, we'll never get this thing rolling. So we need to decide on horde vs. alliance (I prefer horde) and if we want a low, medium, or high population server. Also, try to make it on a server that we don't already have high level characters.

Agreed with Lokki. So is this thing ever gonna happen? :/

Is there some way we could vote on permutations, like PvP or Normal, Horde or Alliance, high pop or low pop? Or do we want to keep trying to talk it out?

This thread is old and kinda dead, so I guess I'm thinking we've probably given up on deciding just by talking.

I suddenly want hot dish. With those little elbow noodles. And mushroom spaghetti sauce.

Most of the people in the thread seem to prefer Horde, so I'd say we go in that direction.

But to be honest, we should probably revive this thread after Cataclysm comes out. Lots of players are on break until it's release, and there's much, much more incentive to reroll once it happens. I know I want a tauren paladin and just about every class of Goblin, and a worgen hunter(for that sweet mastiff pet they start with). I'm a bit of an altoholic, but you get the idea.

So I vote wait until Cata. (Also, West Coast server. It's hard playing on an east coast server when you're on the west coast, but not nearly so much the other way around.)

Good points!

I agree that Horde would be preferable.

Pretty much all the servers blow for me here in ND. :) "Blow" isn't the right word; I'm better off that, like you said, someone from west coast trying to play east coast. I'm just tired of getting my best pings from Texas!

You're probably right that we won't get anything going until Cataclysm. I'm kind of an altoholic, too, though, so I think it's a shame we're not starting now. :) Alas.

I also think we should keep the guild social and super casual, but maybe that goes without saying.

How are we going to choose a guild leader? I have a feeling no one will want the job.

I might start a new character (just give me more reasons to play WoW) on a guild if there was CAG guild and it was determined. I play all my Alliance/Horde guys on Bronzebeard currently and one other server I can't remember.

I'd prefer Alliance, personally.

A CAG guild sounds awesome.
I've been on hiatus from WoW for quite awhile now but with the release of Cataclysm, my husband and I are thinking about starting back up.
So I'd be interested if the guild thing happens.

On that note, I was wondering if anyone could hook me up with a couple of scrolls of resurrection so we can visit Azeroth again before we commit to starting back up?
I'd appreciate it..and you'd get the free month of WoW when we sign back up. ;)

Sure, just pm me your email or character name and realm, and I can a scroll your way. Don't know how useful they are anymore though. According to the FAQ, they're only for people who have yet to upgrade to WotLK. It's billed as a "10-day trial to the Burning Crusade". Link

I was going to offer, but I bet you've already got a million PMs plus Salamando's offer. :)

However, if what Salamando says is true (and it seems to be), the scrolls of resurrection kind of....... suck. :/ How useless. I'll research it further myself.

I signed back up for WoW last week, while I was sitting in my hotel, bored. I was on travel for work and was itching to play something. I had started up a new character and played it for a bit, then moved over to my lvl 61 DK. I noticed that DKs are still insanely powerful. I got him to lvl 64, but now I think I'm a bit burned out again. The game is still just more of the same and I really don't have much desire to start raiding again.

Maybe Cataclysm will change that feeling since the newbie areas will change. Currently though, I don't see myself playing beyond this month that I already paid for.

[quote name='Lokki']I signed back up for WoW last week, while I was sitting in my hotel, bored. I was on travel for work and was itching to play something. I had started up a new character and played it for a bit, then moved over to my lvl 61 DK. I noticed that DKs are still insanely powerful. I got him to lvl 64, but now I think I'm a bit burned out again. The game is still just more of the same and I really don't have much desire to start raiding again.

Maybe Cataclysm will change that feeling since the newbie areas will change. Currently though, I don't see myself playing beyond this month that I already paid for.[/QUOTE]

DK's are powerful because they start out with a full set of blue equipment and the Burning Crusade content isn't balanced for them at all.

It balances out the closer you get to 80, but leveling them is easy for sure, especially if you spec Blood.

I'd recommend waiting for Cata if you want a harder game, as I hear it's much harder than Wrath.

bread's done
Back