Tombstone 12.99 Blu ray at Frys

If you don't have a Fry's nearby, you can still do $1.99 shipping, and no sales tax, at least for me. $14.98 shipped, had to bite. Buying way too many Blu-rays lately...

I saw it this morning, and am really hoping Amazon PMs it. If not, I'll just wait until Black Friday/Christmas, as I'm sure this blu will be sub $10, along with many others I want.

[quote name='karkyco']I saw it this morning, and am really hoping Amazon PMs it. If not, I'll just wait until Black Friday/Christmas, as I'm sure this blu will be sub $10, along with many others I want.[/QUOTE]

I am with you on that! I want this title and many other older titles but will not get them until there is a really good sale. $13 is pretty close to my $10 or less price point.

Just bought this today at BB for the same price. Hope the picture and audio is solid.

Bought this today at BB as well. This was a great Western film, a classic I might even add.
Val Kilmer in this movie was epic.

[quote name='AceBB6']Bought this today at BB as well. This was a great Western film, a classic I might even add.
Val Kilmer in this movie was epic.[/QUOTE]

Yes, easily one of the best modern (post 1970's) Westerns by far. Although I think I'll always be partial to High Noon with Gary Cooper, along with some of the ones my old man worked on.

[quote name='karkyco']Yes, easily one of the best modern (post 1970's) Westerns by far. Although I think I'll always be partial to High Noon with Gary Cooper, along with some of the ones my old man worked on.[/QUOTE]

What are your top 5 modern Westerns Karkyco? Need to get some ideas for future purchases. I saw Unforgiven a few months back(1st time) and loved it.

EDIT: Your dad was in Westerns? Which ones?

[quote name='AceBB6']What are your top 5 modern Westerns Karkyco? Need to get some ideas for future purchases. I saw Unforgiven a few months back(1st time) and loved it.

EDIT: Your dad was in Westerns? Which ones?[/QUOTE]

He wasn't in westerns, rather he worked on them. He was a special effects man mostly.

Let's see, as far as westerns go, yeah Tombstone is fantastic, High Noon as well. Unforgiven, and there were a few more recent ones I've been meaning to check out but haven't yet - Appaloosa, and that rancher one I forgot what it's called.

Magnificent Seven (which is basically the spaghetti western version of 7 Samurai), and the Man with No Name movies - Fist Full of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (heck any Clint Eastwood western - Outlaw Josie Wells, Hang 'em High). The Wild Bunch, the Searchers...I'm also quite fond of just about any other John Wayne western.

picked this up today at best buy. some one should really edit the title to add that its available at best buy as well.

out of recent westerns, i really enjoyed 3:10 to Yuna, Unforgiven, Appaloosa (although its a lot less bad ass then the others), Wyatt Earp (for a more accurate, less hollywood version of tombstone), assassination of jesse james.

also i recommend everyone here watch Into The West. unfortunately theres no bluray of that one, but an hd broadcast exists. it is absolutely epic. (sadly there is no unedited version out on any format, the dvd has a lot of stuff cut out, to make it more family friendly)

Karkyco - Thanks for the recommendations. I have seen Appaloosa and that too was an entertaining flick. Will look at the rest of everything you mention.

Postulio - Thanks. Will check those you mention as well.

Don't forget the classics. Once Upon a Time in the West and Stagecoach are the cream of the crop. Henry Fonda plays so against his type in the first one and the second made John Wayne a star.

Open Range! Yeah, that's the one I've really been meaning to check out. Gotta add it to the list and see if it was released on blu...

bread's done
Back