Ignore feature slightly messed up

MSUHitman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
When I click on ignore x user on CAG, after I confirm the ignore, instead of taking me back to the post I was on, it's taking me to the profile page of the ignored user.

Last thing I want to do if I ignore someone is to see their profile and have it noted I visited their profile page.

Thanks in advance.

FYI this is happening again.

It was fixed a little bit after I first posted this, but since that last update when the site was down for a few hours a week or so ago, you once again go to someone's profile after you ignore them instead of the thread you were originally looking at.

It's messed up again. Sorry I keep bringing this up but I guess since I've ignored 88 users on CAG I keep seeing this and I don't want to appear on people's pages that I ignored.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ignore them directly from their post (click on their name and choose ignore) and you shouldn't have this issue.

Most times I don't even notice(or care) who has visited my user profile page and I have a feeling that the ignored CAG's the OP is afraid will wonder why he's visiting their page don't really give a damn either.

[quote name='CheapyD']Ignore them directly from their post (click on their name and choose ignore) and you shouldn't have this issue.[/QUOTE]

I do that Cheapy and I do have the issue, hence why I posted. It disappears usually after I update this thread, then 2 months or so later it comes back.

It's partly I don't want to visit their page, and partly just an annoyance because I want to go back to what I was reading, not have to hit the back button on the browser a bunch of times or manually go back through the forums to where I was.

Edit: I ignored my 89th user and everything is back the way it was again, thanks CAG team.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MSUHitman']Sorry I keep bringing this up but I guess since I've ignored 88 users on CAG...[/QUOTE]

Wow...
Why so many ignores?
What's your criteria?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Edit: I ignored my 89th user and everything is back the way it was again, thanks CAG team.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit.... Friendly much?

[quote name='Spyder187']Holy shit.... Friendly much?[/QUOTE]

This times 89.

I find people who posts are not my cup of tea, but I can't even think of 5 people Id ignore much less 89. Unsocial bastard.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This thread makes me wonder how many CAG's have me on ignore.;):razz:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This thread makes me wonder how many CAG's have me on ignore.;):razz:[/QUOTE]

I removed you looong ago.
You're quite bearable now.

msuhitman.png

Yep, it all works fine now. ;)

[quote name='Muthafodder']Wow...
Why so many ignores?
What's your criteria?[/QUOTE]

If you troll or insult me personally I ignore you. Almost all of my ignores are trolls in the deals forums, only a few are regular users.

IATCG you're one of my favorite posters, you're cool bro.

[quote name='Blade']
msuhitman.png

Yep, it all works fine now. ;)[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't work fine. I just ignored another troll in the deal forum regarding the Gamefly sales. You get the above screen but instead of going back into the thread you're taken to the profile page of the person you ignored.

And like I said I just did it again and it doesn't work. I think Cheapy and the mods would rather have someone ignore 91 trolls and not reply to them rather than taking deal threads off topic and getting into flame wars.

[quote name='MSUHitman']
And like I said I just did it again and it doesn't work. I think Cheapy and the mods would rather have someone ignore 91 trolls and not reply to them rather than taking deal threads off topic and getting into flame wars.[/QUOTE]

No, I think this thread tells us that they don't care that you want to ignore 100 users without notifying the user and being inconvenienced by which page it takes you to, and that others think you're overreacting and wasting an amazing amount of time by whining about it. Doesn't it take about 5x longer to click through a user, ignore them officially, rather than just mousewheel by their post?

I just tested...it is faster. Mousewheel...it's your friend.

bread's done
Back