Dark Void (PC) GFWL Games on Demand Weekend Deal 800 MS points/$9.99

Haha wow. Even at this price I'll pass. The price is a pretty great but the game just isn't worth my time. Especially considering the other [good] shooters that I still have yet to play in my backlog.

Great price, great discount...not so great game. Still, it's a nice sale, and as always it's good for GFWL trying to compete on prices. Too bad their catalog is so small...

[quote name='mcthatch']may bite for achievements....how easy are the achievements for this?[/QUOTE]

Easy, but dunno if they fixed the glitchy achievement the console one had ("Greasy Monkey")

I only have 990/1000 cause of the console version

Hell yes! This is just what i was waiting for. The regular GFWL price is $40, which is crazy.

IGN review (360 version) Score: 5.0

Last edited by a moderator:
Good price and it should support the 360 pad with feedback, according to a forum post I was reading. I'm going to grab it because $10 is like an extended rental and I'm betting the PC version has the best graphics out of the the 3 versions. I wanted to love this game when it came out but decided to wait ... for $10 and using MS points from Target, I can finally give it a shot even if it's terrible.

[quote name='Spyder187']Anyone know if this game supports the 360 controller for windows?[/QUOTE]

Has to if it's GFW game.

I'll wait if it's dropping this low, also not a huge fan of GFWL.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Has to if it's GFW game.[/QUOTE]

Bioshock 2 is a GFWL title and it doesn't support the 360 controller.

Definitely in if it supports GFWL. I knew the retail verison didn't, and I didn't know til now that this was the only version to support Live.

[quote name='dabamus']Definitely in if it supports GFWL. I knew the retail verison didn't, and I didn't know til now that this was the only version to support Live.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it supports it alright.

Yes, it does support 360 controller for anyone who asked.

[quote name='Schizophriend']Backlog is already pretty big... This is still pretty tempting. I will think about it, possibly play the demo if there is one.[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is a demo.

Darn, I'm 280 points short. I wish they let you split your purchase between points and actual money... but then they wouldn't be able to con us out of those extra couple dollars. Oh well. The points I already have were free, so maybe I'll just order 400 points and end up only paying $5 out of pocket for it.

Hmm, this is tempting.

If you've played the game before, do you think it's worth ten dollars? I've heard bad things about the game, but it seems like it might even be worth it for ten bucks.

Picked it up with points i got back from making some previous purchases on xbox live. Definitely a good deal IMO.

I'm enjoying the game so far. It's definitely unpolished (especially the story scenes and people's faces), but it's still a fun, cheap game. The Achievements are quite doable, too (just make sure you restart the GFWL client after installing the game and before running it the first time or they won't sync right).

[quote name='Razzuel']Hmm, this is tempting.

If you've played the game before, do you think it's worth ten dollars? I've heard bad things about the game, but it seems like it might even be worth it for ten bucks.[/QUOTE]

It's worth a ten spot IMO. It does take some getting used to the flying controls using K+M, but once you do it's a breeze. I paid $15 for a new copy and felt I got my money's worth.

[quote name='Mike UFC']It's worth a ten spot IMO. It does take some getting used to the flying controls using K+M, but once you do it's a breeze. I paid $15 for a new copy and felt I got my money's worth.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the opinion. I think I just might buy it then.

argh, watch out for glitched. I got stuck in a loading screen, after the 20th tip I walked away and came back 5 minutes later and it was still cycling through tips. I reset it, and it did the same thing when I died in the same spot. I finally made it past that spot(playing hardcore) and it seems fixed :)

Dark Void Zero is neat for being a retro game, but I don't think it's all that fun. The controls and aiming are weak IMO.

bread's done
Back