PS3 Not Working- BUT No YLoD

adriley313

Banned
So i was playing some Sacred 2 offline trying to level up my new elf and suddenly the screen goes blank. At first I thought the power went out like it does around here but the TV was still on. I freaked and ran to the console to try and turn it back on.

It flashes green makes a beep noise and turns red. There is NO yellow light.
I know all about the YLoD but there is NO yellow light.

I tried unplugging the the cables and reset the outlet in the wall. Still no luck.
Now Im a lil freaked because its a phat and I think past the warranty but dont know what to do.

Have any of you had this probelm and know how to fix it.
What sucks is that i have a lot of DLC on here like $200 worth and a bunch of save files but dont know what to do.

PLEASE HELP

THX A BUNCH

UPDATE- The date is August 2008, which means it should still be in warranty, right?

The Yellow Light only shows up for a split second if I understand correctly. It also leaves the red light blinking.

Then I'd say it's what I said in your blog.
Especially if it eventually won't turn on at all. When it happened to me I want to say there was eventually no red light at all.

You may want to try holding down the power button for about 10-15 seconds - until you hear two beeps together. This brings up a menu with a few options, like reformatting the HD, so be careful.

sounds like ylod. i never really saw a yellow light on mine either but if it does the beeps i believe thats what it is. if its still under warranty send it in and on top of that buy a new warranty from sony for another 2 years coverage.

bread's done
Back