Looking for a Laptop JUST to run Fallout 3 (annnd maybe new vegas)

Nathan_Sama

CAGiversary!
My limit is $1360.

I know I've made a thread like this before, but now I actually have the money from grueling through my work at McDonalds and graduation money.

I'd like to get a computer that has a 16.9 inch screen (or bigger) with a good graphics card, reliable processor, and 4GBs or more of RAM for $1360.
I could care less about Hard Drive size.

I don't want dell, but I'm iffy on HP, or IBuyPower. Would Sony, Asus, or Toshiba be good? Its just I don't want to get shafted by getting some "gaming laptop" that crashes on me.

any suggestions?

The ASUS G70 (71,72,73) series will fit your needs for what you're looking for, especially if you want the larger screen. The newest of the G70s would be the 73 which includes a mobile ATI 5870 card so that'd be more expensive than the others. I'd check out Best Buy's models as they're more affordable since they cut some corners (mainly resolution, CPU, RAM) but spec-wise are still pretty awesome for a laptop.

Isn't the Alienware M11x on sale at the Dell site for like $700 shipped? If that's still available, I'd definitely snag one of those over that HP.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']For $1360, get a way better desktop?[/QUOTE]

Really.

You are paying a premium for a device that will quickly be out of date and an energy hog/heat blower defeating the entire purpose of getting a laptop (mobility)

bread's done
Back