All PSPgo's now include LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters and SOCOM.

Cause they can't sell em, so they're having to put a bunch of stuff with em. Makes perfect sense. Why would anyone want one? All digital media means no resale on used games.

[quote name='xilly']Cause they can't sell em, so they're having to put a bunch of stuff with em. Makes perfect sense. Why would anyone want one? All digital media means no resale on used games.[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone use Steam? Many people find having the ability to keep a bunch of games on their system (legally) at one time to be better than dealing with physical media. Digital distribution is hardly the problem. It's the high price for the system, and the fact that there isn't a full library of games available to purchase, nor are they at discounted prices across the board.

The PSP Go was a failure at launch with that ridiculous $249 price. If they had released a 4GB model instead at say $149, I think it would sell significantly better. Hell, they could remove Bluetooth from such a model too to cut costs a bit more. Sony are idiots for not releasing a cheaper model, nor a solution for transferrring UMD's to the system.

PSP2 is definitely coming out 2011. I'd be surprised if they reveal it at E3 this year. I think it'll debut at next year's E3 and release Summer/Fall of that year.

So when you register the system you get vouchers for the games I take it? Tempting, but the system at $250 is still a ripoff.

$150 and I'd say hell yeah, unless they do what Japan did with Kingdom Hearts and not release it digitally.

I think they're definitely going to drop the MSRP below soon. Not sure if PSP2 is a sure thing, but a 3D PSP is a given since Nintendo is launching the 3DS. The last thing Sony wants is for Nintendo to get a hold of the handheld 3D market.

[quote name='Funkenstein91']I think they're definitely going to drop the MSRP below soon. Not sure if PSP2 is a sure thing, but a 3D PSP is a given since Nintendo is launching the 3DS. The last thing Sony wants is for Nintendo to get a hold of the handheld 3D market.[/QUOTE]

where to start picking apart that statement. I'm a true Sony handheld fan over Nintendo any day, bought my pspGO day after launch, use it everyday since then..but unless a PSP2 or PSP3D literally spits out $5 bills from the bottom, nothing will save them from whatever Nintendo cooks up. Its all about demographics w/ the handheld markets. Plenty of kids need their pokemon!

[quote name='ssjmichael']Why would anyone use Steam? Many people find having the ability to keep a bunch of games on their system (legally) at one time to be better than dealing with physical media. Digital distribution is hardly the problem. It's the high price for the system, and the fact that there isn't a full library of games available to purchase, nor are they at discounted prices across the board.

The PSP Go was a failure at launch with that ridiculous $249 price. If they had released a 4GB model instead at say $149, I think it would sell significantly better. Hell, they could remove Bluetooth from such a model too to cut costs a bit more. Sony are idiots for not releasing a cheaper model, nor a solution for transferrring UMD's to the system.[/QUOTE]

PSN is a joke compared to Steam. Steam offers constant sales and free weekends all the time. PSN might discount one or two games a week. The next problem is the sheer size of some of the downloads. FFVII was a 1.32GB download. It was a nightmare to download files a fraction of that size on my PSPgo (at least to me it felt like a chore downloading stuff).

I love my PSP Go and it's hard drive mechanic but the lack of game support is a kick in the groin for customers. I wouldn't mind paying for downloaded games if I were assured unlimited access to them but Sony won't even offer a lot of the good stuff. On top of that, I refuse to pay $30 for a copy of Hot Shots Golf 2 when I can buy the UMD for less than $10 in a clearance bin. How did this BS idea even make it outside the Sony meeting room? It's a good system that has been destroyed by the very mechanism that could of made it successful. Reasonable prices + Great selection seems like a common sense approach to me even if I couldn't but UMD games........

[quote name='bredbu']I just ordered a psp go yesterday I wonder if I can get in on this[/QUOTE]

If not, just return it and then reorder.

[quote name='paddlefoot']The next problem is the sheer size of some of the downloads. FFVII was a 1.32GB download. It was a nightmare to download files a fraction of that size on my PSPgo (at least to me it felt like a chore downloading stuff).[/QUOTE]
Well what do you expect from a 3 disc ps1 game?

[quote name='paddlefoot']PSN is a joke compared to Steam. Steam offers constant sales and free weekends all the time. PSN might discount one or two games a week. The next problem is the sheer size of some of the downloads. FFVII was a 1.32GB download. It was a nightmare to download files a fraction of that size on my PSPgo (at least to me it felt like a chore downloading stuff).[/QUOTE]

The success of Steam is proof that gamers WILL buy copy protected downloaded games. The fact that the PSN is a failure is proof that Sony has no clue what the customer want's and what they will tolerate in regards to download-only games and game selection.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Why would anyone use Steam? Many people find having the ability to keep a bunch of games on their system (legally) at one time to be better than dealing with physical media. Digital distribution is hardly the problem. It's the high price for the system, and the fact that there isn't a full library of games available to purchase, nor are they at discounted prices across the board.

The PSP Go was a failure at launch with that ridiculous $249 price. If they had released a 4GB model instead at say $149, I think it would sell significantly better. Hell, they could remove Bluetooth from such a model too to cut costs a bit more. Sony are idiots for not releasing a cheaper model, nor a solution for transferrring UMD's to the system.[/QUOTE]
Steam has competition from other sources (D2D, Impulse, etc.). You don't have the choice but to buy crap from Sony if you have a PSPgo. No competition=higher prices.

[quote name='ssjmichael']PSP2 is definitely coming out 2011. I'd be surprised if they reveal it at E3 this year. I think it'll debut at next year's E3 and release Summer/Fall of that year.[/QUOTE]

i think it will be revealed and released this year....

i got my pspgo at launch and it was my first psp. i like it, but this news is really frustrating. i know early adopters don't get the best deals, but 3 full games for free now? all i got was a demo of rock band, and that was only 8 months ago. i know eventual price drops and/or bundles always happen and it never bothers me, but for some reason, this one is really annoying.

it doesn't help that PSN thursdays/tuesdays have been pretty terrible for most of the year.

[quote name='paddlefoot']PSN is a joke compared to Steam. Steam offers constant sales and free weekends all the time. PSN might discount one or two games a week. The next problem is the sheer size of some of the downloads. FFVII was a 1.32GB download. It was a nightmare to download files a fraction of that size on my PSPgo (at least to me it felt like a chore downloading stuff).[/QUOTE]

Can't you download the files on a computer with the mediaGo software?. The point wasn't that Steam = PSN. It was the point about buying into digital distribution because you can't resell. I'm simply pointing out that's not really much of an issue. It's not even like PSP games have that big of a resale value. I also pointed out that PSN is lacking in terms of amount of games, and pricing.

The go is a failure because the price and no way to migrate you existing library to basially the same system. Plus the cost of Digital download only games should be cheaper than physical media. I never pay full price for steam games i always wait for a sale.

Meh I had a psp original back in high school a few years ago. That shit was nothing special and I basically ended up using it just for snes emulators until I sold it on eBay. The games, in my opinion, suck. There are like two good games out after all this time. Kind of like the DS. I bought a DSlite a few years ago and the only games I bother to play on it are the Pokemon games, Mario Kart and like 2 other 3rd party games. I dunno why, but man handheld consoles really lack worth.

Okay, so the real question is, how can I manipulate this deal to get it to work with the upcoming Big Boss PSP bundle?

If only there was a way to play NES and SNES games on the PSPgo then I'd consider it but this deal is too little too late. I'm still rocking the PSP 1000 and it suits me just fine. I haven't bought a game in a while though.

[quote name='Thorgouge']The games, in my opinion, suck. There are like two good games out after all this time.[/QUOTE]

FF: Dissidia, FF: Crisis Core, Untold Legends 1 and 2, Persona, Lunar, God of War Chains of Olympus, Modnation Racers, Resistance Retribution, etc..

Yeah, the PSP library is fucking AWFUL! :roll:

[quote name='skiizim']This is utter BS!!! Eu residents get 10 free games with the purchase of a new pspGO.

http://gaming-age.com/news/2010/6/1-2[/QUOTE]

I know, you live in the EU and you get these titles for free!

Assassins Creed: Bloodlines (Ubisoft)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (Rockstar Games)
Gran Turismo (SCE WWS)
James Camerons AVATAR: The Game (Ubisoft)
LittleBigPlanet (SCE WWS)
MotorStorm Arctic Edge (SCE WWS)
NEED FOR SPEED SHIFT (EA)
Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice (SCE WWS)
2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (EA)
WipEout Pure (SCE WWS)

The only reason I would ever buy a PSPGo would be to use it as an mp3 player. I've had a PSP 1000 and a PSP 2000, and my problem with them was that they were too big to carry around if you wanted to use it as an mp3 player.

PSP having only two good games? I greatly disagree. Though, DS does have more than PSP (J-RPGs being my main thing). A regular PSP is so much cheaper and one can get several games with the money you save over Go. I still scratch my head that people would rather have digital over physical media. I would much rather have the discs. In addition, pretty much every PSP game has dropped to $20 if not cheaper. It seems pointless to buy digital downloads when I will eventually be able to buy a UMD cheaper. If Sony creates a handheld that is digital download only, they are going to have a hard time selling it to mass audiences.

I don't know enough about the DS but I love my PSP since I load up all kinds of movies, music and of course podcasts (CAGCAST FTW!!!). Can the DS do media? The gaming feature is a plus, but not the major function if what I wanted it for (plus it was a gift).

I guess I'll have to take back my PSPGO to Walmart and exchange it for another one so I can get the freebie games. However I'm not sure if it's worth it for SOCOM and R&C: Size Matters (already bought LBP).

I can't believe the UK gets 10 free games while the US gets 3. Pretty jacked up.

The problem with the Go, imo, is that the entire library of UMD's is not available for digital download.

You're missing out on a ton of good, older games just going with the Go... and I'd like to say I'm shocked Sony hasn't thrown the rest of the PSP's library as digital, but I'm not.

Plus the fact everything on PSN is overpriced when you factor in all the PSP game sales at all the different stores.

Here are some of the popular PSP games you can't play if you own a PSPGo:
Crisis Core
Lunar Silver Star Harmony
Lumines
Mega Man Powered Up
Dante's Inferno

Say what you will about some of those games, but they are all hyped titles. The fact they are missing on PSN is baffling.

It also doesn't help that their release schedule is odd too, with a majority of the lacking titles on PSN easily available on the UMD format at a fraction of the price. In a good number of cases, games have popped up on PSN a whopping 2-3 years after being released on UMD.

Wow, I don't understand it. It can't take much effort to put up a game for download. Just take the disc image, attach a license number to each copy, and you're done.

this may be an ignorant question, however, I couldn't find the answer. What happens if you buy a UK PSP and get it shipped to NA? Than you register it on the UK PSN store?

Is this possible?

I stopped some little kid from having his dad buy him one at GS recently. I told him, "look, it looks cool and everything but you'll never play any games for it". Its a dead system, don't do it.

Dad thanked me and kid seemed pissed at me. Oh well, it was for his own good.

[quote name='Kain Vincent']Here are some of the popular PSP games you can't play if you own a PSPGo:
Crisis Core
Lunar Silver Star Harmony
Lumines
Mega Man Powered Up
Dante's Inferno

Say what you will about some of those games, but they are all hyped titles. The fact they are missing on PSN is baffling.

It also doesn't help that their release schedule is odd too, with a majority of the lacking titles on PSN easily available on the UMD format at a fraction of the price. In a good number of cases, games have popped up on PSN a whopping 2-3 years after being released on UMD.[/QUOTE]

Lunar and Dante's Inferno ARE on the PSN.

[quote name='Estebon']I stopped some little kid from having his dad buy him one at GS recently. I told him, "look, it looks cool and everything but you'll never play any games for it". Its a dead system, don't do it.

Dad thanked me and kid seemed pissed at me. Oh well, it was for his own good.[/QUOTE]

Haha, wow. It's true, the only thing I use my system for is playing PSone classics, and I haven't even done that for 5 months due to cycling over to my DS for a while. Now pray that the kid doesn't have a mental image of yourself and comes back in 10 years to kill you for destroying his childhood =)

[quote name='javeryh']If only there was a way to play NES and SNES games on the PSPgo then I'd consider it but this deal is too little too late. I'm still rocking the PSP 1000 and it suits me just fine. I haven't bought a game in a while though.[/QUOTE]

There is a way to play NES and SNES games on the Go, but we can't discuss that here.

As for Dante's Inferno and Lunar, they are on PSN...not sure why Kain doesn't think so.

A nice deal if looking for a PSP-Go but I'll pass since I have the games already included and needs a price drop before even considering.

[quote name='PDJ']Haha, wow. It's true, the only thing I use my system for is playing PSone classics, and I haven't even done that for 5 months due to cycling over to my DS for a while. Now pray that the kid doesn't have a mental image of yourself and comes back in 10 years to kill you for destroying his childhood =)[/QUOTE]

For a more serious gamer the PSP is still an excellent choice and the 3000s come with great bundles. And for a kid, there's tons of crappy software that's cheap as dirt and kids will love those games regardless.

But yeah you should warn people about the Go whenever possible.

I thought about getting a PSPgo intially, but the high price of the games kept me away. Now the news that games like Kingdom Hearts:Birth by sleep makes this a complete pass for me.

I would buy a PSPGo in a heartbeat...assuming there was a way to transfer my 30+ games I already own for the system.

Sony really screwed themselves with this device.

[quote name='ml_paladin888']Well what do you expect from a 3 disc ps1 game?[/QUOTE]

My point was that downloading UMD sized games and larger isn't ideal when compared to data transfer speeds.

[quote name='Clownzilla']The success of Steam is proof that gamers WILL buy copy protected downloaded games. The fact that the PSN is a failure is proof that Sony has no clue what the customer want's and what they will tolerate in regards to download-only games and game selection.[/QUOTE]

I agree

[quote name='ssjmichael']Can't you download the files on a computer with the mediaGo software?. The point wasn't that Steam = PSN. It was the point about buying into digital distribution because you can't resell. I'm simply pointing out that's not really much of an issue. It's not even like PSP games have that big of a resale value. I also pointed out that PSN is lacking in terms of amount of games, and pricing.[/QUOTE]

You can use the mediaGo software, but it still takes time and has you tethered to a PC or Mac. As for the PSN vs. Steam debate, I know you weren't comparing the two to each other. I just think it is still an issue and that Sony can't put forth minimal effort and expect a digital distribution service to work.

bread's done
Back