[DEAD] Anime Summer Spectacular-Up to 67% off on Select Bandai Titles @ Buy.com

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Those are fantastic prices on Eureka Seven and Big O.[/QUOTE]

Damn shame that only part one of Eureka Seven is on sale. Unless I missed 02

[quote name='refusedchaos']son of a....does deep discount charge if you return things? LOL[/QUOTE]

deep discount has a lowest price guarantee... try to get a refund?

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Damn shame that only part one of Eureka Seven is on sale. Unless I missed 02[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing :whistle2:(

[quote name='GuardianE']How's Gurren Lagann? I'd been thinking about trying the series.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was pretty fantastic.

[quote name='GuardianE']How's Gurren Lagann? I'd been thinking about trying the series.[/QUOTE]

Hated it, but lots of people disagree. If you like over-the-top robot action and explosions, and don't care that the show is *completely* devoid of any meaningful plot or character depth/growth, you might like it.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Hated it, but lots of people disagree. If you like over-the-top robot action and explosions, and don't care that the show is *completely* devoid of any meaningful plot or character depth/growth, you might like it.[/QUOTE]
OMG noooooooo, delete this before the nerds come lol. Personally I loved Gurren Lagann but I can see why people wouldn't like it.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Those are fantastic prices on Eureka Seven and Big O.[/QUOTE]
You ain't lying, damn, I wish I waited on ordering Big O from Buy.com's last sale.

Personally, it's my favorite show. Great animation, wonderful character and mech designs and some twists that I didn't expect. Definitely worth a watch.

[quote name='Bovadose']You might want to wait on getting Gurren Lagann. There is a listing on rightstuf for the complete collection. Comes out next month.. list is 50, but they have it marked right now at 37.50. So, if you choose to get it a preorder from rightstuf will be your best price.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/lo=R3i0F6lJetPX8UD/browse/item/88397/4/0/0[/QUOTE]
Um, Awesome! :applause:

I have to be careful here, I like way to much anime to start collecting. It would drain my account and I would need a room to store it.

Thanks for the input, guys. Even if the character development is lacking as Kirin suggests, I'm sure I've watched worse. I don't mind turning my brain off a bit for certain series.

[quote name='Bovadose']You might want to wait on getting Gurren Lagann. There is a listing on rightstuf for the complete collection. Comes out next month.. list is 50, but they have it marked right now at 37.50. So, if you choose to get it a preorder from rightstuf will be your best price.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/lo=R3i0F6lJetPX8UD/browse/item/88397/4/0/0[/QUOTE]

Hm, are pre-orders generally cheaper than buying them upon release at Rightstuf? I've only really checked out their bargain bin. Also, I am a sucker for collector's editions, like the one listed at buy.com. Anyone know if the CE is nice?

[quote name='GuardianE']\
Hm, are pre-orders generally cheaper than buying them upon release at Rightstuf? I've only really checked out their bargain bin. Also, I am a sucker for collector's editions, like the one listed at buy.com. Anyone know if the CE is nice?[/QUOTE]

Pre-orders do have a heavier discount at Rightstuf.

Personally, I think it's worth it to have the first CE because it comes with the artbox for the series which is really nicely done.

[quote name='GuardianE']Hm, are pre-orders generally cheaper than buying them upon release at Rightstuf? I've only really checked out their bargain bin. Also, I am a sucker for collector's editions, like the one listed at buy.com. Anyone know if the CE is nice?[/QUOTE]

If you wait until RightStuf's next Bandai studio sale, you can snag the set for only $30. The next one should be in 2 months or so.

[quote name='Afflicted']deep discount has a lowest price guarantee... try to get a refund?[/QUOTE]

They said "no"

I LOVED it!

[quote name='GuardianE']Also, I am a sucker for collector's editions, like the one listed at buy.com. Anyone know if the CE is nice?[/QUOTE]
I have all the CEs and they are worth it.

[quote name='refusedchaos']They said "no"
[/QUOTE]

that's odd what were you trying to price match? I order my hime and was able to get a $6.10 refund from it due to these prices.

Gurren Lagann is one of my favorites, and the collector's editions are all pretty good but you'd probably be just as happy with a thinpak. The artbox with the first set is very striking from the side that faces outward, the bag that comes in the 2nd set surprised me with how well-made it is (about the size of a large purse or a small backpack, could fit a Wii but not quite a 360), and the full soundtrack and manga that comes in the 3rd set is well worth it if you're into those sorts of things. If it didn't take so long for a thinpak to come out, and if I didn't love cool artboxes and the great soundtrack I'd have probably skipped on the parts in favor of a full set.

I still can't see how Kirin remains blind to the character development, and can't appreciate Gainax's style of over-the-top action.

[quote name='Shinpachi']I still can't see how Kirin remains blind to the character development[/QUOTE]

Because there is none. At best, it's superficial, forced, and cliche.

[quote name='Shinpachi']and can't appreciate Gainax's style of over-the-top action.[/QUOTE]

All conflicts are solved by screaming, then things explode. Rinse and repeat for 26 episodes. Yawn. The production values are high, and the animation is very well done. That's about the only nice thing I have to say about it.

Two questions!

1. Buy.com is like Amazon where Buy.com sells things and people can also sell items?

2. Right Stuf is a trusted site for anime and has been around for a while?

Tanks

[quote name='USB Cable']Two questions!

2. Right Stuf is a trusted site for anime and has been around for a while?

Tanks[/QUOTE]

Right Stuf is legit

Right Stuf has been around for years and are completely legit. Hell they even have their own exclusive anime dvd sets.

Thanks for the info dudes, so much anime to buy..... :'( I hope I don't end up like those guys with a nerd room lol.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Most of these shows weren't produced in HD. Blu-rays would be pointless.[/QUOTE]

Now that I'm thinking about it, Gurren Lagann came out late enough where a Bluray release would make a difference, wouldn't it?

In any case, I'm thinking I should probably just wait for the thinpak DVDs, if not a bluray release.

[quote name='GuardianE']Now that I'm thinking about it, Gurren Lagann came out late enough where a Bluray release would make a difference, wouldn't it?

In any case, I'm thinking I should probably just wait for the thinpak DVDs, if not a bluray release.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty sure Gurren Lagann aired in HD. But with the dire financial situation Bandai is in, I wouldn't count on a Blu-ray version ever happening. I'm not even sure the DVD release performed to their expectations.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Yeah, pretty sure Gurren Lagann aired in HD. But with the dire financial situation Bandai is in, I wouldn't count on a Blu-ray version ever happening. I'm not even sure the DVD release performed to their expectations.[/QUOTE]
Bandai is in trouble? o_O I thought they were doing good......

There aren't Gurren Blu Rays in Japan, so I'd be VERY surprised if they ever came out stateside. Also, Bandai isn't releasing shows that have Blu Rays (Geass and Gundam 00) over here, adding to my frustration. I'd eat a baby for some HD Gurren action, but don't hold your breath.

I just hope to see Gundam 00 blus released in the states so I don't have to import them. That would really burn a hole in my pocket.

[quote name='USB Cable']Bandai is in trouble? o_O I thought they were doing good......[/QUOTE]

Not at all. Their new licenses have slowed to nearly nothing, and they've basically gone on record saying that if their release of the next season of Haruhi doesn't do well for them later this year, they're in big trouble.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Not at all. Their new licenses have slowed to nearly nothing, and they've basically gone on record saying that if their release of the next season of Haruhi doesn't do well for them later this year, they're in big trouble.[/QUOTE]

shiiiit, if they release it as a set I'll buy. If singles, no.

If they were to release the 0079 Gundam series as a set...that would sell alot :D

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Not at all. Their new licenses have slowed to nearly nothing, and they've basically gone on record saying that if their release of the next season of Haruhi doesn't do well for them later this year, they're in big trouble.[/QUOTE]
Wait, do you mean the next season here in the States?

As in... Endless Eight?

They deserve it. They continuously try to milk consumers with single (4 episode) volume releases while many in the industry have moved on to 7-14 episode collections, or even full box sets. Bandai and Media Blasters refuse to adapt, and it is proving to be the downfall of at least one right now.

[quote name='B:L']Wait, do you mean the next season here in the States?

As in... Endless Eight?[/QUOTE]

Correct. And how they expect people to actually buy that season and not be pissed off is anyone's guess.

[quote name='G-Nitro']They deserve it. They continuously try to milk consumers with single (4 episode) volume releases while many in the industry have moved on to 7-14 episode collections, or even full box sets. Bandai and Media Blasters refuse to adapt, and it is proving to be the downfall of at least one right now.[/QUOTE]

They already *have* moved on to releasing larger collections. Viz, however, with their decision to release Vampire Knight as singles, baffles me.

[quote name='refusedchaos']shiiiit, if they release it as a set I'll buy. If singles, no.[/QUOTE]
Haha, you'd have two discs of just endless eight episodes. How worthless. I'd definitely buy a whole set when it was on sale, since I'm a slave to Haruhism.

[quote name='Rave Child']Haha, you'd have two discs of just endless eight episodes. How worthless. I'd definitely buy a whole set when it was on sale, since I'm a slave to Haruhism.[/QUOTE]
What? I am tired of buying singles and have recently stopped. It might be worthless to you, but not to me.

[quote name='Rave Child']Haha, you'd have two discs of just endless eight episodes. How worthless. I'd definitely buy a whole set when it was on sale, since I'm a slave to Haruhism.[/QUOTE]

i ment a overall complete Haruhi set.

Ouch, so the chances of Gundam 00 Blu-ray US release is going down quickly then? I'm already having to import Macross Frontier Blu-ray and to have to buy all of G00 S1 and S2 at import prices makes me a sad panda. :(

[quote name='quatrevav35']so.. only eureka 7 and big o is worth getting from this sale?[/QUOTE]

Fantastic Children would be my third suggestion from this sale. My-Hime is okay, but I was nowhere near as impressed with it as some people seem to be.

bread's done
Back