forum for mobile gaming?

RAMSTORIA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
cheapy, do you think mobile gaming is big enough to get its own forum now? right now the only place to put them is "Old School & Other Gaming Systems" forum, but with the iphone/ipad, blackberries and android mobile gaming has taken off in a big way (hell even CAG is working on an app). especially with a lot of recent games that allow online play against 2 or more people. just an idea. maybe something like "Mobile Gaming & Mobile General Discussion" (like the PC forum).

DS and PSP also count as mobile gaming, but I see what you mean.

I agree, there should be somewhere specific to talk about mobile free apps, cheap apps, useful non-gaming apps.

Somewhat related to this; could we also get an iPhone emoticon. When writing a blog, I'm able to put emoticons for all the major consoles, but not for iPhone.

[quote name='RchrdJ']Somewhat related to this; could we also get an iPhone emoticon. When writing a blog, I'm able to put emoticons for all the major consoles, but not for iPhone.[/QUOTE]

iphone.gif

Id say no, it should just be under general gaming. We have alot of damn forums already, especially when you count the fact if you click sony you have ps2/psp/ps3 sub forums inside that one and ones like that.

Since alot of mobile gaming is under psp/ds and we have forums for those under their specific manufacturers I dont see enough of a draw for a designated mobile gaming for phones.

[quote name='gargus']Id say no, it should just be under general gaming. We have alot of damn forums already, especially when you count the fact if you click sony you have ps2/psp/ps3 sub forums inside that one and ones like that.

Since alot of mobile gaming is under psp/ds and we have forums for those under their specific manufacturers I dont see enough of a draw for a designated mobile gaming for phones.[/QUOTE]

mobile =/= ds and psp. mobile is a term used for cell phones. cell phone gaming has become huge in the last year and is going to keep getting bigger and bigger. there are a lot of games that have over a million downloads, and quite a few that are multimillion sellers. these arent small numbers. hell i bet you there have been more 1.5 million sellers on the apple app store than there have been psp games.

we do have a lot of forums, but that doesnt mean there cant be more, maybe its time to retire a couple of them. if nothing else maybe a dedicated subforum under "Old School & Other Gaming Systems".

bread's done
Back