GOG Weekend Deal - Psychonauts/Sands of Time/Beyond G&E - 25% off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

Until Monday June 7 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, GOG is offering these three classic action/adventure games at a 25% discount.
This isn't a bundle deal, so buy one or snag all three. [Orders should be made from the promo page]

Beyond Good & Evil $7.49 (25% off)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time $7.49 (25% off)
Psychonauts $7.49 (25% off)

Metacritic:
Beyond Good & Evil (83)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (89)
Psychonauts (87)

Demos:
Beyond Good & Evil
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Psychonauts

Three great games. PoP seems over-priced, as I bought the trilogy for $8 off Amazon, but the other two are good deals.

Dang, those are some great games! I already bought Beyond Good & Evil from GOG (and on the Gamecube :lol:) and already have Psychonauts too, but I think I may by Prince of Persia...never played that one, although I doubt I'll like it as well as the 2008 game, but still.

I think I'm getting that and King's Bounty...although geez, I'm going to have to buy another hard drive! :lol:

EDIT:

For the record, I'd recommend Beyond Good and Evil to basically anyone who plays games. It's kind of Zelda like, and I like it better than any of the Zelda games post Wind Waker (and maybe better than Wind Waker), but it's also surprisingly true to it's 'your character is a reporter' premise. To me it's one of, maybe the definitive Ubisoft game.

I didn't like Psychonaughts nearly as much, but still, real platformers are SUPER rare now, and it does both play pretty well, and is pretty clever/charming. Brutal Legend has the charming part, but crap gameplay...this actually has gameplay.

Damn, that's steep: All those games have been for $5 or less on other websites.

For example, Steam offered Psychonauts for $2 a few months back.

Not to be rude, but this week's "Deals" just aren't good at all.

I think I remember hearing BG&E having a lot of problems on PC, or am I mistaken? Maybe the GoG release fixed those issues...

Got Psychonauts from Steam for $2 and I guess I never really got into the PoP games. Probably doesn't help that the only ones I've played are the first bit of Warrior Within and about half of the 2008 game.

All good games... but they've been cheaper elsewhere. I paid $2 for Psychonauts and $4.99 each for the other two on Steam. And wasn't PoP: SoT $1 or so recently on D2D?

I think I read that Beyond Good and Evil doesn't support controllers on its own, but I could be wrong. I haven't even launched my game once to check yet.

Also, I don't know if it's been patched, but I think Prince of Persia occasionally had issues with dual (and I assume quad or more) core processors, which can be fixed by having it run on only one core. It's been a while since I ran my copy, so I can't remember if I had to do that.

Again, I could be wrong, but I remember reading about those issues before.

Anyway, I haven't gotten around to Psychonauts or Beyond Good and Evil thanks to a huge backlog of games on sale, but I played a good portion of the beginning of Prince of Persia and can recommend it. I felt the attacks and actions the Prince can perform throughout the game were a lot of fun, and I also loved the general atmosphere of the game.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Got Psychonauts from Steam for $2 and I guess I never really got into the PoP games. Probably doesn't help that the only ones I've played are the first bit of Warrior Within and about half of the 2008 game.[/QUOTE]
I recommend trying out Sands of Time. Warrior Within and PoP 2008 (Especially PoP 2008.) are probably the worst two to try as your introduction to the series.

I don't know, I kind of liked 2008 and had no interest in those other three at the time...although sort of for the $7ish.

Regarding Steam...who cares if they had it on sale cheaper? The GOG release is worth more, and it's still cheap.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I recommend trying out Sands of Time. Warrior Within and PoP 2008 (Especially PoP 2008.) are probably the worst two to try as your introduction to the series.[/QUOTE]

POP 2008 is really good. You want to reference a crappy POP game? try the new Forgotten Sand one. Boring gameplay with little innovations....

Yeah, I really thought the 2008 game was artistic.

Well anyway, I bought King's Bounty: The Legend and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time over the weekend. Already bought Beyond Good and Evil from GOG, and I already have Psychonauts on the Playstation, and don't like it well enough to buy a second copy.

bread's done
Back