What is your favorite horror movie of all time?

Fortune_P_Dawg

CAGiversary!
Yeah, I know... the question is very very random.

I'm far from a big fan of the genre, but lately horror films have been kind of fascinating to me.

Mine is The Devil's Rejects. I love the dialogue, the filthy sunbaked visuals, the soundtrack, etc.

The original Halloween, the carpenter version of The Thing, and the first Friday the 13th. God those are great.

28 Days Later and Dawn of the Dead remake

Honorable mentions to The Descent, Pandorum, El Orfanato, and The Hills Have Eyes remake

The Thing. Easily. Only movie that ever made me physically ill (although that might have been caused by bad hot dogs), and desensitized me to everything that came after. Classic.

The Devil's Rejects is great.

That being said, its either the original Nightmare on Elm Street or the original Night of the Living Dead.

Evil Dead 2

Also love The Thing, Dawn of the Dead OG, Fright Night, House, Poltergeist, American Werewolf in London
and Halloween OG.

Plus so many more mostly from the 80s too.

28 Days Later is probably my personal favorite, but Night of the Living Dead, The Devil's Rejects, and Halloween are close.

Evil Dead II
The Blair Witch Project
Cabin Fever

Not exactly my absolute FAVORITE movies in the genre, just some good ones that no one else has mentioned yet.

Ones no mentioned:
Black Christmas(original)
Dead Alive aka Brain Dead
Scanners
Suspiria

All ready mentioned:
The Exorcist
Night of the Living Dead
Halloween(original)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre(original)
Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn
Dawn of the Dead(original)
The Re-animator

Being a long time lover of horror both domestic and foriegn of so many types from slashers to pyschological to exploitation its damn hard to nail down one favorite.

I guess if I really had to pick just one it would be return of the living dead. To me its a perfect horror movie. It has some slight humor that blends well with the movie, the effects are solid, the storyline is atleast fairly solid for being what it is, the ending is great, the characters are entertaining, the pacing is awesome because the movie only seems like its 45 minutes long, directing is solid and while its just a zombie flick it changes the rules just enough to keep it interesting.

Personally though I could rattle off another two dozen horror films I love for a variety of reasons off the top of my head easy.

return_of_the_living_dead.jpg

its a toss between the howling 1, reanimator, dawn of the dead and night of the demons. and phantasm 1-2.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Halo05']Me too.

So brutally over the top.[/QUOTE]

It has a certain rawness that alot of the newer horror films do not have.

[quote name='rabbitt']I forgot to add Nosferatu. Splendidly terrifying and silent.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I somehow forgot that one, too! Good reminder.

The Devil's Rejects is probably my favorite horror movie. The 80's to me seemed like the golden age of horror movies so I like alot of them, for some reason I just don't like the CGI effect blood they use in alot of newer movies. Also, The Hills Run Red was one of the best ones I have seen in the last few years.

I'm honestly shocked at how many people are putting Devil's Rejects. I liked it and all, but there are sooooooooo many other movies to choose from. I personally would not even consider DR horror, it's more drama/thriller. I think I even liked House of 1000 Corpses more, actually.

ill list some not mentioned.

Older:
My Bloody Valentine
Night of the Demons
Phantasm
Pieces (Mil gritos tiene la noche)
Slumber Party Massacre

Newer:
The House of the Devil
Inside (À l'intérieur)
[REC]

Why hasn't anyone mentioned KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTSPACE!

If I had to pick a favorite, right now its Inside just because its the only movie in the past 7+ years that actually freaked me out.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Ones no mentioned:
Black Christmas(original)
Dead Alive aka Brain Dead
Scanners
Suspiria

All ready mentioned:
The Exorcist
Night of the Living Dead
Halloween(original)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre(original)
Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn
Dawn of the Dead(original)
The Re-animator[/QUOTE]

Mmmmm, Cronenberg... :applause:

Halloween
Fright Night
The Thing
American Werewolf in London
Dawn of the Dead (1978)

Pretty sad how all of these movies came before 1990.

This thread needs a little asian persuasion so I am going to list Marebito, Vital, and A Tale of Two Sisters. Although I necessarily wouldn't call these "horror" movies. Hmmm..

Other than that It's Excorcist, The Shining, The Thing, and Blair Witch Project. Probably a lot more I'm forgetting.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Ghostbusters.[/QUOTE]

LOL, the opening library scene scared the crap outta me when I was little.
Also this little prick from Trilogy of Terror.

TOT_Prey_Zuni.jpg

[quote name='handsome_rakshas']

LOL, the opening library scene scared the crap outta me when I was little.
Also this little prick from Trilogy of Terror.

TOT_Prey_Zuni.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh it's a fetish I have hated those little bastards since Diablo II!!!

Fetishshaman.gif

:bomb::bomb:

[quote name='naiku']ill list some not mentioned.

Older:
My Bloody Valentine
Night of the Demons
Phantasm
Pieces (Mil gritos tiene la noche)
Slumber Party Massacre

[/QUOTE]

Slumber Party Massacre???? Really?:whistle2:s Isnt that the movie with the rocker dude who has a drill at the end of his guitar?

EDIT: I checked and it was Slumber Party Massacre 2 that I was thinking of.

bread's done
Back