Divinity II: Ego Draconis (XBox 360) $19.99 @ Gamestop.com

[quote name='Monsta Mack']http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75982

Used version is still $24.99. Universal price drop incoming?

I was very interested in this game in January, but the demo kinda put me off. I think Shipwreck liked this (?) and I know a few people would be interested in the price drop for this WPRG.[/QUOTE]

There was just a universal price drop to $30 last week. Not sure why GS dropped it another $10 yesterday, but this is a good price for a pretty decent game.

I think you'll already know if you'll like this game. Its not going to blow anyone away with awesome graphics or anything, but if you're into a detailed world and can put up with the fact that it is technically inferior to its PC counterpart, you will have a blast. Most people into PC RPG's are prepared to live with shortcomings like these, so its all good.

I have it for 360 and have put a lot of hours into it. I wish there were more games like it that had good graphics and fun combat.

I also did not like the demo much. I could get past the graphics but if my memory is good i remember the control or collision or something turned me off for buying full price. At this price it is a great deal but i am broke at the moment.

Ordered with $10 off coupon I got from God of War 3, $13.76 shipped (seriously, why do they charge tax on shipping? Is that even legal?)

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I also did not like the demo much. I could get past the graphics but if my memory is good i remember the control or collision or something turned me off for buying full price. At this price it is a great deal but i am broke at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Let it slide. That $20 is better off in your pocket. I 1000-ed this game and wouldn't encourage anyone to go out on a limb to pick it up.

Debating this one... I have been waiting for a drop on this and shocked it took this long for it to drop. Maybe I will hold off and see if Amazon PMs this.

I tried this game from Gamefly but man it was difficult. Plus I had trouble knowing where to go during side missions. I'll stick with Sacred 2.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I really want to get this... if I could get free shipping AND use my $10 coupon, it'd already be ordered.[/QUOTE]

If you can find a decent filler to get you over $25, I've been able to use SAVER with my $10 coupon codes.

[quote name='nnthomas']Nice, definitely want this game. Will probably trade in something. Is this in-store too?[/QUOTE]
It should be

I know a couple people who own this game and have nothing but bad things to say about it. I would highly recommend reading some reviews before clicking buy.

[quote name='mikejenks']Be warned

I loved this game, but

WORST ENDING EVER*

*does not include KOTOR II[/QUOTE]
I guess you haven't played Alan Wake.

[quote name='mikejenks']Be warned

I loved this game, but

WORST ENDING EVER*

*does not include KOTOR II[/QUOTE]

You must have skipped Borderlands :)

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']You must have skipped Borderlands :)[/QUOTE]

I haven't played Alan Wake, but it's MUCH worse than Borderlands' ending.

Hey, it went back up to $24.99 NEW on GS. Just when I saw this thread and was going to order. This game has been on my radar for a while but I was hesitent to pull the trigger at full MSRP.

That's too bad they raised the price. I was about to pull the trigger on it for $10 using a $10 credit, but it just doesn't seem like a good enough game to pay the extra 5.

I was somewhat tempted but turned off by the reviews that really trash the 360 port. But then it went up $5 and that made the decison not to get it even easier ;). I'll keep my eye on it for a used copy, though, if the opportunity arises (say, for example, during a B2G1 sale).

If anyone's hesitant on this game only because you need a 'Diablo fix', just go get Sacred 2 and/or Too Human. Try the Too Human demo first, though. Sacred 2 is completely worth it though. Can find it for ~$20 used.

[quote name='Rhett']If anyone's hesitant on this game only because you need a 'Diablo fix', just go get Sacred 2 and/or Too Human. Try the Too Human demo first, though. Sacred 2 is completely worth it though. Can find it for ~$20 used.[/QUOTE]

I got Divinity 2: Ego Draconis on the PC - and it plays more like a Fable or Gothic game.
I'm looking forward to the upcoming Divinity 2: Flames of Vengeance expansion, BTW.

To be fair, Alan Wake's ending wasn't really the ending of the game... Just the ending of Episode 6 with several more to go as DLC. But, yeah, it still sucked.

I liked the game but that fact that once the ending (which wasnt good) is over, you have to then restart a completely new game to complete any side missions, completely turned me off from continuing playing.

Have been looking at this but probably will skip it. Original Divinity was great but I doubt it shares anything more than the name with it's predecessor.

[quote name='Gimgak']Have been looking at this but probably will skip it. Original Divinity was great but I doubt it shares anything more than the name with it's predecessor.[/QUOTE]

It's actually a direct sequel to the original and Beyond Divinity and takes place in the same world. Although the dragon stuff is new, it shares a lot more than just the name.

bread's done
Back