Infamous 2 - New City, New Villain - June 7, 2011 - Demo Out Now

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
5456161508_38de43c9f6.jpg

In 2009, Sucker Punch Productions released Infamous, a super-powered sandbox game that was a drastic departure from the studio's well-known Sly Cooper franchise. Venturing into new territory paid off for Sucker Punch; the PS3-exclusive Infamous has sold nearly 2 million copies, providing a combination of mobility and electrical powers that makes gamers feel like a true superhero. For Infamous 2, the team hopes to raise the bar even higher. A new look for hero Cole MacGrath is just the first step; a new city, new powers, and a powerful new foe await you in Infamous 2, and you can read all about it our exclusive 10-page story. And here's the full wrap-around image:

Stay tuned for our Infamous 2 hub, which will be your one stop shop for our month long, online coverage of Infamous 2.
New GameInformer Articles:
The Infamous 2 Cover Feature in its Entirety
A Look At The Militia
A Look At New Marais
A Look At The New Cole:
8037.cole.jpg
A Look At Some of Cole's New Abilities
A Quick Video Interview
A Special Edition Podcast

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think about the story
Cole will eventually become more like Kessler, albeit not exactly like him, as this is now an alternate timeline
, it makes some sense that Cole may start to look different. Im curious if this means the change in voice actors may have been a concious decision, to capture the changing character.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase'] Im curious if this means the change in voice actors may have been a concious decision, to capture the changing character.[/QUOTE]
Aw man. I liked Cole's voice and look in the first game. Damn. I highly doubt it but it would be awesome if you use your Infamous 1 save game to give you powers and reputation earned from the first game. It would be awesome to start as a villain.

Looks like I better play the first pronto before more news/videos comes out showing the improvements, that always messes with me.

InFamous 2 electric boogaloo!!
I liked the first one but I'm not digging Cole's new look. Hopefully they will fix the enemies accuracy.

Awesome. I absolutely LOVED the first game, so this is great news for me.

I'm disappointed that they won't be bringing back the voice actor. For some reason the original voice made Cole sound like an average American loveable slob.

I saw this on Joystiq earlier, I can't fuckin' wait. inFamous was definitely one of my favorite games of last year.

I really like Cole's old look better. Although, we know for sure their will be a new voice actor. Maybe it's actually Cole's son.

[quote name='gbpackers94']That's preposterous, why did the change the way Cole looks?[/QUOTE]
942025_20080909_screen008.jpg
"Hey kids, I've got some candy for ya"

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hopefully this time they'll make the game so it isn't so sucky and repetitive.[/QUOTE]
I completely and utterly agree. I loved the first game for about two hours, then it was just haaaaaaate.

Does anyone else thing he looks kind of like Desmond Miles on the cover?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hopefully this time they'll make the game so it isn't so sucky and repetitive.[/QUOTE]
For real. That alone makes this franchise milking a big pass for me.

The fact that I could hate the characters, writing, acting and story as much as I did in Infamous 1 yet still replay it immediately after beating it is a testament to how awesome the gameplay was. I'm happy they changed Cole's look. He looked like a moody prick in the first one IMO.

The main improvement that I'd like for this game is that I think they should let you know how many shards you have left to find in each area... at least that will give people a chance to find those 1 or 2 last shards... assuming that you have to find shards again. Right now I have about 1 or 2 shards left and I've searched the entire city about 2-3 times and I cannot find those shards I've walked all around, hitting L3 and there's been no luck whatsoever. If I could find those 1 or 2 shards I'd have a platinum in this game... oh well.

I loved the first InFAMOUS. But I absolutely hated EVERY SINGLE character. They could not make one likable character for the life of them... I hope they destroy all of them and moved on.

I just hope he lost his spide...uhh super sticky grab ability, that's the one thing that seriously bugged me about the game, you were trying to jump and he'd grab onto anything other than where you where trying to get to.

[quote name='8bitArtist']sucker punch better do sly cooper 4 after this...[/QUOTE]

So you want them to have a low selling, unprofitable game then.

(This is no slam against the games themselves, just stating a fact, regardless if they all went GH, they weren't as highly lauded as inFamous is, plus I think they want to move away from the kiddie image that the game drips with)

And when compared to Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter series of games they always were 3rd in popularity, not something Sony or Sucker Punch is interested in going back too.

[quote name='gbpackers94']That's preposterous, why did the change the way Cole looks?[/QUOTE]

That's the first thing I thought, his black and yellow/red look was a defining thing about him, and made him stand out, it would be better if they let you change your look throughout the game.

I just got my copy and there are scans of gameplay, so maybe it's going to come out sooner than later. Some points of interest:
New location; Cole looks nothing like he did in the first game, if it weren't for the bag, you could argue it's a new character, which they should probably just make it be

Oh, and
Zeke
is back. So yeah, hype killed.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... I fucking hate zeke

[quote name='KingBroly']I just got my copy and there are scans of gameplay, so maybe it's going to come out sooner than later. Some points of interest:
New location; Cole looks nothing like he did in the first game, if it weren't for the bag, you could argue it's a new character, which they should probably just make it be

Oh, and
Zeke
is back. So yeah, hype killed.[/QUOTE]

i thought he died.

There's a pretty obvious reason why
Zeke
would be back and it's the only thing which makes sense since the character had literally NO FUNCTION in Infamous 1.
Zeke eventually becomes The Beast. We already know he has a thirst for power when he tried to use the ray sphere at the top of the tower in the 1st game. As is usually the case in tales with twists, if a character doesn't appear to have a purpose it's usually saved till the end for the twist.

By about the final 1/3rd of the game it was getting pretty repetitive so bearing any sweeping gameplay improvements I'll probably skip Infamous 2.

I loved inFAMOUS, gameplay was so much fun. I don't mind the new look I just wish they didn't change it as that kind of ruins the image you had already assossiated with Cole. I mean even in the Uncharted 2 MP you can play as Good Cole or Evil Cole, so it's just wierd to see a new look for him.

Looks like he's got the same or similar pants as the original, just without the jacket. I would be surprised if there weren't multiple costume options for him - even something as simple as just him having the option of not wearing his jacket.

I remind my old day of playing Infamous PS3 game. I haven't been completed my Infamous storyline just like half way to beat it. I can't wait to see Infamous 2. =)

[quote name='commanderxp90']I remind my old day of playing Infamous PS3 game. I haven't been completed my Infamous storyline just like half way to beat it. I can't wait to see Infamous 2. =)[/QUOTE]I gotta ask what your native language is?

[quote name='Thomas96']The main improvement that I'd like for this game is that I think they should let you know how many shards you have left to find in each area... at least that will give people a chance to find those 1 or 2 last shards... assuming that you have to find shards again. Right now I have about 1 or 2 shards left and I've searched the entire city about 2-3 times and I cannot find those shards I've walked all around, hitting L3 and there's been no luck whatsoever. If I could find those 1 or 2 shards I'd have a platinum in this game... oh well.[/QUOTE]

did you check the logs sticking out in the water that doesnt appear when you hit L3? (theres youtube vids showing where it is exactly) my last one was under the big cranes all the way in the back. you have no reason to go back there ever, so thats why i missed that one.

[quote name='uncle5555']So you want them to have a low selling, unprofitable game then.

(This is no slam against the games themselves, just stating a fact, regardless if they all went GH, they weren't as highly lauded as inFamous is, plus I think they want to move away from the kiddie image that the game drips with)

And when compared to Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter series of games they always were 3rd in popularity, not something Sony or Sucker Punch is interested in going back too. [/QUOTE]

if they made 3 sly cooper games, they were profitable. unless you work for sucker punches accounting team, you dont know what profit they made. now thats stating a fact.

infamous 1 sold 1.5 million. hardly huge numbers by any means but decent for a new IP with an average score in the mid 80's. sly cooper has a pre established following/fan base, so i dont think its that hard to put up numbers like that if promoted properly.

There hasn't been a Sly Cooper game in about 4-5 years, right? It would be really hard to even come close to the ~2 million that Infamous did since it was the third-tier franchise behind Jak and Ratchet last-gen.

[quote name='Thomas96']The main improvement that I'd like for this game is that I think they should let you know how many shards you have left to find in each area... at least that will give people a chance to find those 1 or 2 last shards... assuming that you have to find shards again. Right now I have about 1 or 2 shards left and I've searched the entire city about 2-3 times and I cannot find those shards I've walked all around, hitting L3 and there's been no luck whatsoever. If I could find those 1 or 2 shards I'd have a platinum in this game... oh well.[/QUOTE]
I Finally found my last shard the other day, at the top of the tower by where you fought Kessler, It didn't appear with L3 until I was almost the the top.

[quote name='shadowkast']I gotta ask what your native language is?[/QUOTE]
I don't have another foreign language. I only speak at my English. :)

[quote name='commanderxp90']I don't have another foreign language. I only speak at my English. :)[/QUOTE]

Everyone, Commander speaks /English./ However in his or her profile page they note that they are deaf. I think we can all understand what they are typing here, so there's no need to be in their face about it, okay?

How did I miss this thread? Anyway I'm hyped for Infamous 2. Think their may be a preview today at E3?

[quote name='nbballard']is he even Cole?[/QUOTE]

thats what i was wondering since it didnt look or sound like him.

bread's done
Back