Rock Band Green Day with free 1600 Pts Card, KmartGamer

Are the cards packaged with the game, or do you have to grab them separately? My local K-Mart hasn't had points cards of any kind for over a month now.

[quote name='animalspinners']Are the cards packaged with the game, or do you have to grab them separately? My local K-Mart hasn't had points cards of any kind for over a month now.[/QUOTE]
You have to grab them separately; can I assume that the store your speaking of is the Tampa location again.

[quote name='Psybuster']Hm...any chance you can do a $20 PSN card for the PS3 version as well? I doubt it, but it can't hurt to ask :)[/QUOTE]

And if not could you still buy the PS3 version of the game and get the points card for 360? I have both systems.

[quote name='Purkeynator']And if not could you still buy the PS3 version of the game and get the points card for 360? I have both systems.[/QUOTE]
I actually believe this is possible but I won't be able to confirm until Monday.

If this is true, maybe worth importing the songs into RB 1 or 2, keep the 1600 pt card and then trading the game on day 1 or 2 after release for trade-in credit, ideally getting the 1600 card for less than $20(whatever the TIV is for the game at that point?) Just a thought since I am a CAG'er after all. :)

To clarify, I meant the $60 on RB:GD you spend minus what one would get back for the game on TIV. That difference should be less than the MSRP on the 1600 pt card, no?

[quote name='bengalboy']To clarify, I meant the $60 on RB:GD you spend minus what one would get back for the game on TIV. That difference should be less than the MSRP on the 1600 pt card, no?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it would be over $40.

[quote name='bengalboy']What if you just returned the game without opening it, essentially just getting a free 1600 pt card?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bengalboy']Kmart seems dumb enough with some of their employees to miss the fact that we got a 1600 pt card with it.[/QUOTE]

Oh, totally man. You should also send SHC-Gamer your picture as well. Then he can just ban you from the stores. Sound like a plan?

It seems like the deal is only for the 360, according to kmartgamer.com? I REALLY wish the PS3 version was included as that is what I have all my instruments for. Even getting a 360 points card with the PS3 version would be fine.

Oh yeah and to ^ this is cheapassgamer, not crookedassgamer.

[quote name='bengalboy']What if you just returned the game without opening it, essentially just getting a free 1600 pt card?[/QUOTE]

Thats more slickdealers than Cagers, but it is kmart.

[quote name='bengalboy']Kmart seems dumb enough with some of their employees to miss the fact that we got a 1600 pt card with it.[/QUOTE]

See second have of previous reply.

[quote name='bengalboy']If this is true, maybe worth importing the songs into RB 1 or 2, keep the 1600 pt card and then trading the game on day 1 or 2 after release for trade-in credit, ideally getting the 1600 card for less than $20(whatever the TIV is for the game at that point?) Just a thought since I am a CAG'er after all. :)[/QUOTE]

If I recall, to stop reselling of import codes, they are now requiring you to pay $10 to import it. So not only are they forcing you to pay full MSRP for a game you bought, they are screwing you out of another $10 to import the songs. Which is why their is a "Green Day Plus" which comes with a token to import the songs for free but not really since you paid the $10 ahead of time. This is bullshit and I hope this RB is the worst selling of all time.

[quote name='whotheheck']Oh yeah and to ^ this is cheapassgamer, not crookedassgamer.[/QUOTE]

CrookAssGamer would have been better and not CROOKED.

[quote name='Estebon']Which is why their is a "Green Day Plus" which comes with a token to import the songs for free but not really since you paid the $10 ahead of time.[/QUOTE]

Apparently the "Plus" edition comes with a code to download the Green Day songs that are already on the marketplace. Which were if I remember is 440 points per pack totaling 880 points if you purchased both of them. So technically you save $10.

[quote name='alpha064']Apparently the "Plus" edition comes with a code to download the Green Day songs that are already on the marketplace. Which were if I remember is 440 points per pack totaling 880 points if you purchased both of them. So technically you save $10.[/QUOTE]

This. So essentially the "Plus" version lets you save a huge chunk of change IF you're interested in the other DLC that was already on the marketplace.

But the problem is, if you already got the DLC, you're kinda SOL if you get the Plus version. :/

im gonna go ahead and buy it from here, i wanted a midnight release but i guess i can wait til 8am. I'll save my receipt in case i find a better deal in the 28 day time frame :)

[quote name='Psybuster']Hm...any chance you can do a $20 PSN card for the PS3 version as well? I doubt it, but it can't hurt to ask :)[/QUOTE]
Couldn't get a deal with Sony for that one!

[quote name='Purkeynator']And if not could you still buy the PS3 version of the game and get the points card for 360? I have both systems.[/QUOTE]
No can do. The points card is for Xbox 360 only, sorry!

[quote name='SativaSam']Well that sucks my K-Mart in Rome, GA says it's online only. Amazon it is I guess then. -_-[/QUOTE]
This promo is definitely an in-store offer. I have contacted the manager to confirm that their associates are aware of the promotion and explained how to process the transaction. The manager did apologize for not getting you taken care and did mention that if you did stop back in, to ask for a manager if the floor associates are not able to assist. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Okay just to clarify, I'm going there tomorrow morning. Is Kmart good about getting games on release day? And also, are you sure you called my Kmart to make sure it's instore? I don't wanna go there and them say it's online only like they did on the phone. :cold:

[quote name='Nova_01']Is this deal good on the Plus version as well? I didn't see that answered.[/QUOTE]
For initial launch, we did not order any of the Plus versions for Kmart stores.

[quote name='SHC Game Guy']This promo is definitely an in-store offer. I have contacted the manager to confirm that their associates are aware of the promotion and explained how to process the transaction. The manager did apologize for not getting you taken care and did mention that if you did stop back in, to ask for a manager if the floor associates are not able to assist. Sorry for the inconvenience.[/QUOTE]

I was told online deal only as well, K-mart on Sinclair Lane in Baltimore. The clerk was very nice and tried to process the transaction, but she said the 1600 points card was not coming up as free. They said if the deal is not in the weekly ad, then it is online only. This fairly common in the eastern Baltimore Stores (Belair Road, Sinclair Lane, & North point). I have been to these stores several times for your sometimes killer deals only to be turned away. It's very frustrating. Something should be done to inform the employees and managers of these sales & how to process them. I shouldn't know more about their sales than them.

Went to the Rome, GA K-Mart store, saw the game, asked the clerk and she didn't know about the deal. Some SHC person on CAG told me to speak to the manager, and the clerk did and I had to sit there for an *hour* waiting on them to try and pull up the coupon in the back on the computer.

After an hour of waiting I had to go and they still had only found the coupon for the Plus version, not the regular. They said they'd call me if they found it but I doubt they will. Ugh...I just wanna play this game. -_- I canceled my Amazon preorder hoping to get this deal.

where are the reviews on this Green Day Rock Band?? not that you really need one, but still, kinda interesting they're not out there yet and its release day..

My Kmart in NYC told me they didn't get the game in at all. And when I asked if they knew when they might, he just told me "No idea".

Just got a call back and at the last minute they got an email from corporate about the promotion and apparently the deal is in my store. I am going back there today but she's also gonna call back again to confirm that you do get 1600 ms points....I pray they have these in stock.

EDIT: They apparently only have 4000 MS Point Cards in stock. Jesus I can't win -_- she said she's gonna call back after she talks to the manager again but still all this hassle for one video game.

[quote name='SativaSam']Just got a call back and at the last minute they got an email from corporate about the promotion and apparently the deal is in my store. I am going back there today but she's also gonna call back again to confirm that you do get 1600 ms points....I pray they have these in stock.

EDIT: They apparently only have 4000 MS Point Cards in stock. Jesus I can't win -_- she said she's gonna call back after she talks to the manager again but still all this hassle for one video game.[/QUOTE]

This is preposterous! Someone should be fired over this horse crap. Why isn't this information getting to the point of sale? Shame on you Kmart for jerking people around and wasting their time. Get your $hit together! This is pathetic. It makes the whole corporation look completely inept.

GD:RB from my demo experience and reading a couple reviews is a solid 7.5 to 8.0 simply because it offers only 47 songs and doesn't include the dreamscapes of Beatles RB, but it does have the B:RB improved vocal arrow and nice presentation otherwise. A few other bands thrown in the mix wouldn't have hurt either.

I actually enjoy the idea of a more focused Rock Band game without the extra songs from random bands. I think the idea of unlocking band photos and things like that is kinda boring though. I think its probably a solid game as well. Nothing mind blowing but (for mostly better IMO and for worse) everything you'd expect from the music genre at this point.

Just got back from my local K-Mart, and they did not honor this.

They said it was online only, despite me showing them the hxxp://blogs.mykmart.com/2010/06/rockbandgreenday.html website, which CLEARLY says IN-STORE promotion. Talked to the manager, and he said that I just needed to go order it online. WTF?

So, I called the next nearest K-Mart (1hr drive away) and they, too, said it must be online only because they will not honor it.

How awesome is that?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're a fan of the guitar, I'd say give it a skip - from the little I've played (about 5 of the final tier songs) it's just a massive (and in my opinion somewhat poorly charted) chordfest. However, drums are apparently super fun, and vocals sound good - in fact, I'm going to check out my local K-Mart today to see if they are running this special, and might pick it up.

[quote name='wuLFe']If you're a fan of the guitar, I'd say give it a skip - from the little I've played (about 5 of the final tier songs) it's just a massive (and in my opinion somewhat poorly charted) chordfest. [/QUOTE]

Soooo, it's like Green Day music in general? One long, poorly written, powerchord-fest.

Anyways, my wife wants this game, so I'm going to stop by the local KMart today. If they won't honor it, I know my local Best Buy will price match it since it clearly states in the blog that it's in store. I'd rather get it at K Mart, though, since SHC is going through all the trouble to get us these deals.

[quote name='wuLFe']If you're a fan of the guitar, I'd say give it a skip - from the little I've played (about 5 of the final tier songs) it's just a massive (and in my opinion somewhat poorly charted) chordfest. However, drums are apparently super fun, and vocals sound good - in fact, I'm going to check out my local K-Mart today to see if they are running this special, and might pick it up.[/QUOTE]
Oh wow, wulfe from Scorehero? This is SativaSamurai on SH what's up brah. :p

Still waiting on my call back from Kmart. -_-

Anyone have a link to an actual K-Mart ad, not some random blog site, that shows this? It seems like almost no K-Marts are honoring this.

There should be no issues with this promotion for any store. If they are rung up together, the 1600 Pts card will be free.

I have my operations team looking into why stores are confused on this matter and I will personally help anyone that can email me at [email protected] and give me the store location they have had issues with.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']There should be no issues with this promotion for any store. If they are rung up together, the 1600 Pts card will be free.

I have my operations team looking into why stores are confused on this matter and I will personally help anyone that can email me at [email protected] and give me the store location they have had issues with.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Josh, I appreciate that.

Not only did my store not have the game, they also had no 1600 points cards. The shelf tag was there but it doesn't look like it's been stocked for ages. What kind of shady deal is this? I'm in Beaverton, OR if anyone wants to know which store to avoid.

I did not see any 1600 ms point cards in stock rendering this deal useless and I tried calling them back, asked for the manager and they hung up on me.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Not only did my store not have the game, they also had no 1600 points cards. The shelf tag was there but it doesn't look like it's been stocked for ages. What kind of shady deal is this? I'm in Beaverton, OR if anyone wants to know which store to avoid.[/QUOTE]
ah c'mon its not shady at all, simply that kmart flopped, SHC keep up the work I have scored some awesome deals lately

bread's done
Back