Game Boy Micro thread of tiny retro goodness. "Make it yours."

Nibi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Created this thread to further discussion about the Game Boy Micro.

I Just picked one up off of ebay and restarted a GBA collection. (Sold of my old collection to buy the original DS!)

Do CAGs consider the Game Boy Micro to be a retro system?

Please post pics of your GBMs and GBA collections.

web.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to do this also, I've had a Micro since it came out but I really need my old megaman and pokemon games.
What are some other classics?

It's definitely not a retro system, it's only 1 previous platform, and the majority of DS' can still play the games.

I do love my Micro, though!

I wish Nintendo (or a third party) had made a clear face plate and made a custom template available to create and print face plates from. That would have been awesome.

Old handhelds hold a special place for me. I never buy older console games or systems (with the exception of Dreamcast), but I can't stop lurking ebay for Neo Geo Pocket Color, Game Boy Light, etc.

Thank you for giving me the excuse to post my favorite collection piece:

picture.php

picture.php

Imported this beauty from Japan last year.

Here's my GBA collection, in custom DS cases:

[IMG-L=5886]10802[/IMG-L][IMG-L=5886]10803[/IMG-L][IMG-L=5886]10804[/IMG-L]

I love the Micro.

I have way too many GBA games to post, let alone pic, but I love my GBM! I bought one around Setpember of last year, GameStop had it for I think $20 used or something along those lines. I finally got one and man, I love that damn thing lol :D

This is probably the wrong place to post this, but if anyone has a spare faceplate for a Micro they'd be willing to sell me, I'd love you forever; I bought a Micro last year and it became my best friend until the faceplate got a large scratch on it. I haven't had any luck in searching for a replacement, either.

I was cleaning out my closet the other day and found three spare faceplates - one is the Famicom controller, the second is green camouflage, and the third is red fire. Oddly enough, I also have the Micro game link cable + the regular GBA adapter. msg me and let me know how much they're worth to you *shrug*

here's my collection. I also found a second copy of Doom. weird.
qz8CI.jpg

[quote name='UncleBob']I wish Nintendo (or a third party) had made a clear face plate and made a custom template available to create and print face plates from. That would have been awesome.[/QUOTE]

There are ones, but they're rare. I have one I'm selling with my micro, but it's been used, so it's a little scuffed.

You can also buy sticky skins that just go over your current one. (Amazon.com has a few, so does ebay)

Here is my collection, also posted at Gaf. (Updated with a couple more DS games since, but no major changes)

25zjgd3.jpg
191pjb.jpg

I ordered four new faceplates from Nintendo a few months back to keep in storage in case I ever need new ones, since they likely won't be in stock much longer. All they had left was the flower and the camo faceplates, so I'm currently rocking the flower design. It actually looks pretty good.

img1130m.jpg

img1133h.jpg

img1134q.jpg

img1135j.jpg

img1137p.jpg

I do also own the Famicom Edition, but it's neverleaving the box. I actually have the NES SP as well, almost mint in box. I took it out once just to check for dead pixels, though I kinda regret breaking the seal. Otherwise it's never been touched.

2773_1135036820690_1370419557_339076_324635_n.jpg

[quote name='wasabi5858']all of a sudden, I have this urge to buy a micro...[/QUOTE]

This is a common occurrence when viewing Micro threads.

I own two Micros due to the thread on the GAF forums. I bought the black/silver and silver/black versions, which allow me to switch things up and have silver/silver and black/black.

I don't want to derail the Micro Love but one of the Gamestops I visit knows my love of the Micro and saved this for me. It was $7 just a few days ago.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
They said it dropped today, should anyone have seen any of these near them recently.

[quote name='maximumzero']I actually have the NES SP as well, almost mint in box. I took it out once just to check for dead pixels, though I kinda regret breaking the seal. Otherwise it's never been touched.[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad, my NES SP is in the exact same condition (i.e. opened only to check build quality and test but unused for all intents and purposes as it went right back into box after that). :D

I may as well throw it out there, I'm looking for boxes and instructions for a few games.

Been trying to find these for awhile now, may be worth just buying extra complete copies of the games and unloading the extra cart.

Castlevania Classic Nes
Advance Wars (first GBA one)
Gradius Galaxies

And bump as well, need more portable love in the house!

Yes, it is hard to find box/manual only. Manual isn't too tough, since many are available on ebay. I bought all my games complete in box to help ensure they weren't bootlegs.

Want to know when I found out Game Boy Micros were awesome?

Remember that Black Friday that had TRU selling GBMs for $35? And Walmart for $40? After that, Walmart still had stacks of GBMs for $40.

A little after that, when all stores had cleared them out. That's when I found out Game Boy Micros were awesome.

FUUUUUU

I think they have serious problems with the buttons. My Famicom one has a bum A button, and my black one that I bought new has some pretty bad shoulder buttons.

I own two Micros that I have used on a regular basis for a year or so and haven't noticed any problems. Did you buy your Micros used?

[quote name='Zing']I own two Micros that I have used on a regular basis for a year or so and haven't noticed any problems. Did you buy your Micros used?[/QUOTE]
One used "like new" (my ass) Famicom, then after that I found two on clearance at Sears for $33. (Should have bought both, bought one)

My shoulder on the new one is even worse than it was when I bought it, and the A button on my used one was fucked probably from the very start.

Found this puppy today at a local Gamestop!!! :bouncy: Still sealed!

Anyone mind giving me a history lesson? Just curious what was the sticker on the upper left corner? I've seen this residue in the same spot on other boxes on ebay. Was this a promotion of some sort?

Wow, how much was that Micro?

I love this system, and GBA games. I have a ton of the better games for it and a Famicom system (box and all) and a black one as well.

[quote name='Vader582']Found this puppy today at a local Gamestop!!! :bouncy: Still sealed!

Anyone mind giving me a history lesson? Just curious what was the sticker on the upper left corner? I've seen this residue in the same spot on other boxes on ebay. Was this a promotion of some sort?[/QUOTE]
Probably a $35 price tag from TRU.

Ended up costing me $70. Which is more than I wanted to pay but it's new and if it's DOA I can still get my money back. The price I pay for missing the boat. I was tempted to go down the ebay route but even there the prices end up in this range.
TRU? :lol: Anyone else?
It looks like the remains of those peel-off rebate stickers you'd see on DVDs etc.
I was thinking maybe it was a promo for another faceplate? Anyone remember?

[quote name='dallow']Wow, so GS has them for 69.99 in their computer? Crazy.
Do you have the item code on the receipt you could share?[/QUOTE]
020268 Good luck!

I just bought a Micro used and the face plate is pretty scratched up so if anyone has any spare face plates in good condition they would like to sell PM me with price.

[quote name='Vader582']Found this puppy today at a local Gamestop!!! :bouncy: Still sealed!

Anyone mind giving me a history lesson? Just curious what was the sticker on the upper left corner? I've seen this residue in the same spot on other boxes on ebay. Was this a promotion of some sort?[/QUOTE]

$10 Coupon
20th-anniversary-game-boy-micro-20051202045851843-000.jpg

Don;t mean to hijack the thread but I'd be open to selling my GBA micro.
PM me.
I'm not looking to rip anyone off so I don't expect too much for it...

I bought both of my Micros from Ebay about a year ago. They were both factory sealed and I snagged them for around $70 each.

[quote name='Robman721']I just bought a Micro used and the face plate is pretty scratched up so if anyone has any spare face plates in good condition they would like to sell PM me with price.[/QUOTE]

Call up Nintendo's Customer Service line. They used to sell faceplates on the Nintendo online store but none are listed. I called about six months ago and they still had some of the camoflaugue and pink/ladybug designs left at $4.95 each.

I bought two of each and put 'em in storage for the future. I only just recently swapped out the standard black plate for the pink one my micro came with so I can't imagine needing them for a while but it's just peace of mind is all.

I hope I don't regret not buying more in the future.

It is amazing how faceplates have become such a rarity. I wonder how much it would cost to get a mold made and have some made.

[quote name='Nibi']It is amazing how faceplates have become such a rarity. I wonder how much it would cost to get a mold made and have some made.[/QUOTE]
dr-evil2.jpg

yea! got my micros and some more GBA games.

so in addition to the previous picture, here are my other stuff. Micro is small. I think I may really keep it in my pocket and finish both Golden Sun before the DS release.

gba_micro.jpg

bread's done
Back